The ass whooping of the century :wow:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Ima beat my kids like I got beat. Always made me think 3 or 4 times before making that choice.

Sitting there like hmmm... I should sneak out and go over to... Nahhh, pops would beat the brakes off me.

I understand it seems bad but I know from my personal group the ones who didn't get beat were wild af. The one who always got beat were also wild af.

There's a nice lil level between letting you child live with their own choices and "grounding" them and tapping that ass til they regret.
I got my ass whooped too, but like I said, learn how to be a parent and you won't have to do that. Be a good example for your children and you won't have to do that. Get out of your impoverished environment before you have kids and you won't have to do that. Have an emotional connection with your children and you won't have to do that :manny:

I'm not hitting my kids.

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
I'm so tired of seeing this.

38qj76We5E5cQ.gif

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Are white parents who beat their kids respectable cac?
Absolutely not. But I'm not white so I don't care :manny:

White children don't have a world out there against them. Black children can't afford to go through childhood trauma brought on by child abuse and at the same time be prepared for the world.

It's the reason why some people respect their parents, and why some people fear them. It's not the same thing.

Lazy Migrant

Migrated
Supporter
Daps
:scust:Beating your kid with a belt is some backwards shyt. It's for people who are angry and want catharsis under the guise of discipline.

(Its especially cringeworthy watching African Americans whooping thier children given our crazy history in this country. )

You want kids to fear adverse outcomes not physical pain.

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
:wow: man getting beat as a kid was no joke. My sister was vicious with it.
I remember there one time she beat me so bad i couldnt even sit on my hard as chair in school. I won't even mention the broom and pots she used to knock me across the back with. Its amazing i can even walk properly.
I still love my sister tho :mjcry:
When i got older i realized the stress she was under taking care of all of us.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
It's facts. My pops never laid a hand on me. Not once. Still respected him like he beat my ass everyday because he was a respectable person who loved and cared for me. That's why I respect him.

There's nothing okay about child abuse. As someone who went through child abuse. It's a mental illness actually. Your kids should be able to respect you without you viciously beating them :manny:

We talk about slave mentality so much, beating someone because they don't listen is as "massa" like as it gets.

Nah bro. Let's be real. What kind of growing child/teen has respect for anything. None of my people had respect for their parents beyond "what they know is what they know". I just don't agree with beating being the end punishment. Too many homies figured that out and it just made them try and hide and be sneaky. Respect is learned with perspective. How many of us grew up thinking we'd be in the nfl or nba? Once you get out of high school and reality hits you realize how respectable those dudes are.

Same with parents. My respect came from seeing how hard they worked. It wasn't "my parents work so damn hard, I could never do that". It was "nikka are you crazy? My pops don't play that bro."

I got my ass whooped too, but like I said, learn how to be a parent and you won't have to do that. Be a good example for your children and you won't have to do that. Get out of your impoverished environment before you have kids and you won't have to do that. Have an emotional connection with your children and you won't have to do that :manny:

I'm not hitting my kids.

Nothing wrong with not hitting your kids. Just know they will never know true discipline til they hit the world. It never was child abuse to me as much as it was a lesson that there are consequences for everything. Like I said I was beat over any old thing. But the things that had I done when older would mess up my life, I got my ass beat with a belt.

I grew up on the burbs, well off compared to my cousins in the hood, parents are great examples. But I'll be there first to say great conditions make you want to rebel even more and not appreciate it until you realize how things could be.