Essential The Gym Directory, Workout, E-Book, and Fitness Resource and Request Thread

MF_BREW

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Milwaukee,WI
Sumo-500%E2%80%9411.jpg

The sumo deadlift is great for loosening up the old hip flexors as well as strengthening the quads and the abductor muscles. It’s also a good lift to master first as it lays the foundation for many other kettlebell lifts and swings.

Stand over your kettlebell with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Have your feet turned out just a bit. Sit back as if you were going to sit in a chair or take a crap in the woods. Keep your heels firmly planted on the ground. No tippy toes. Pick up the kettlebell with both hands, making sure to keep your arms straight. Your shoulders shouldn’t be ahead of your knees. Keeping your back and arms straight, lift the kettlebell off the ground with your legs until you’re standing straight up. Do not bend your arms as you stand, and do not lift with your back. When you’re in the standing position, your body should form a straight line. Lower the kettlebell back to the ground. Repeat ten to twenty times.
Two-Arm-Swing-500%E2%80%9411.jpg

The two-arm swing is a staple of kettlebell training. It’s definitely a full-body exercise, but you’ll especially feel it in your hips, quads, and shoulders. It’s a great auxiliary exercise to increase the hip explosiveness necessary for the deadlift and squat.

Stand above your kettlebell with your feet shoulder-width apart and the bell between your heels. Lower your hips as if you were going to sit down in a chair and grab the kettlebell with both hands. Arms should be straight; shoulders behind knees; back straight. Make sure your weight is on your heels — not your toes. Basically you’re doing the starting position of a sumo squat.

Pop your hips forward to get the kettlebell to swing out in front of you a bit. To give you an idea of the motion I’m talking about, you basically want to “hump” the air in front of you (credit goes to my high school football coach for this phraseology).

Let the kettlebell swing back behind your butt like you were snapping a football to a quarterback. When the bell is by your butt, explosively drive your hips forward (hump that air!) and swing the kettlebell up to about chest level. Keep your arms straight and relaxed during the swing up. When the kettlebell reaches chest-level, let your arms swing back down so that the kettlebell goes back to your butt. Drive your hips forward for another swing. Repeat. Make sure you keep your head up and back straight during your swings.

You can swing for time or for reps. Personally, I like sets of twenty.
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/06/06/kettlebell-exercises/

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
If you run accross anymore of those NFL strength and conditioning programs let me know. I also would like to have some Ebooks of college programs as well.

Thanks

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
which of those programs would you recommend best for somebopdy working out alone @MMSex

Trynna add some lean mass

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Mofongo

Pro
Daps
Any audio books on fitness/bodybuilding? Even if I have to pay.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
If possible of course, but thanks in advance for your effort!

The book is called Convict Conditioning by "coach" wade

Any other source concerning the later would be great. Looking to mix up my routine and found this ( body weight exercise) to be a great routine for my lifestyle