The Netflix's "Daredevil" Season 1 thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Alot of people watch thor 2 and call it garbage, but if you pay attention to that flick and the way they're constructing the infinity gems in the MCU, the reality gem was constructed into aether, which is plasma. In essence it works the exact same way blood does. And if you look at the dark elves they were designed to be vampiric in appearance, which explains why malekith absorbed the aether into his body and got the blood red eyes. I'm guessing a dark elf in a past incursion into earth bit a human and created dracula. Basically they're setting up blade.

And the way the healers in the healing room (And Odin when he scanned jane's body) worked was a continuity precursor for Dr Strange. In recent comic book continuity Hel (9 realms), Hell (memphisto), and the dark dimension (Dormammu) have been retconned into one single, "Hell Dimension."

This ties Dr Strange's magical world into the greater cosmic world with Thor, as well as allows for the stage to be set for Ghost Rider.

NDlSpzD.jpg

Also, recent comic exploits of guardians of the galaxy has them intermingling with Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers), and Venom. My guess is in infinity war 1 Thanos Comes to earth and decimates it, or sends his people there to retrieve a gem which is with the inhumans. The galaxy comes together because Thanos is a universal threat, and the avengers take to the stars to collaborate with other worlds and confront thanos, like the comic event of 2013, Infinity. Carol Danvers being an officer in the air force, goes to interact with the Kree, and in the course an event happens that changes her to the captain marvel we know. If marvel truly has the spider-man license back and is planning to deliver that information in a timely and theatrical manner for hype purposes, Then having venom in the guardians comics makes sense, cause if spider-man is chosen to go with the avengers to confront thanos, on the way he'll have venom tagged to his suit, which allows for the venom saga to unfold in his own solo exploits.

and then there's this: ( http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/01/08/is-marvel-setting-up-a-young-avengers-movie-2567289 )

Marvel is world building MASSIVELY, right under our noses.

:leon:

Interesting stuff. I'm intrigued by the idea of them doing Blade over. The second link, I pretty much saw coming from the Ant Man trailer. If they go ahead and do it - they deserve all the :salute:they get. They've said Dr. Strange is the start of a mystical angle for the MCU, so Ghost Rider could end up tied in there too.

I did think for a while that they were going to mess with The Runaways in terms of younger characters too.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
he official Twitter account for Netflix and Marvel Television's "Daredevil" series released a new teaser Friday teasing involvement from Carl "Crusher" Creel -- better known in comics lore as the Absorbing Man.

creelmurdock-89f98.jpg

New "Daredevil" promo image teases a boxing match between Daredevil's father and the eventual Absorbing Man.

The teaser takes the form of a mock boxing poster advertising a fight between Creel and "Battlin'" Jack Murdock, the father of the show's titular hero Matt Mudock/Daredevil. While that alone isn't surprising -- the character has a boxing background in comics, as well -- the fact that Creel appeared earlier this season on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." raises an eyebrow. On that series, the character was played by 36-year-old actor Brian Patrick Wade, throwing into question how the Marvel TV take on Creel could have boxed against Daredevil's father, presumably in decades past.

Of course, there's always a possible explanation: the Creel on "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" could be the son of the character teases in the "Daredevil" promo, or perhaps his powers have caused him to age slowly. Or maybe a teaser is just a teaser in this instance, with no intended impact on continuity.

All 13 episodes of "Marvel's Daredevil" are set to debut April 10 on Netflix.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Best Look Yet At DAREDEVIL's Suit In Marvel And Netflix Series On FilmInk Cover
B-gD9SQCMAAtobj.jpg

“Marvel’s Daredevil” is a live action series that follows the journey of attorney Matt Murdock, who in a tragic accident was blinded as a boy but imbued with extraordinary senses. Murdock sets up practice in his old neighborhood of Hell’s Kitchen, New York where he now fights against injustice as a respected lawyer by day and masked vigilante at night.

Starring Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson, and more, Daredevil will premiere on Netflix on April 10th.
Source: FilmInk

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
635608174263291950-XXX-MARVELS-DAREDEVIL-TV-jy-4669-.JPG

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/03/02/vincent-donofrio-daredevil-first-look/24116765/
Come April, Netflix is introducing a big, bad bald dude that even House of Cards' Frank Underwood wouldn't want to mess with.

Vincent D'Onofrio stars as Wilson Fisk, a New York-born gangster whose methods of cleaning up his city differ greatly from the blind title vigilante of Marvel's Daredevil, in a 13-episode season due April 10.

This Fisk isn't quite the Kingpin of crime from Marvel Comics lore, in looks or demeanor. Yet executive producer Steven DeKnight says Daredevil is as much an origin story of a complex antagonist as it is a portrait of do-gooder lawyer Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) and his masked secret identity.

The underworld won't even speak Fisk's name because of the power he holds, though at first glance he comes off as insecure, especially when he meets the comely art dealer Vanessa Marianna (Ayelet Zurer).

But when folks cross or disrespect him, the results often are very bloody.

"I just brought in this kind of character who in one sentence could easily go from being a child to a monster, depending on where his emotions take him," says D'Onofrio (Law & Order: Criminal Intent).

The late Michael Clarke Duncan played the Kingpin in the 2003 Ben Affleck Daredevil movie, and for his own take on Fisk, D'Onofrio studied the comic books to nail the "whole feeling and mood" of the supervillain.

DeKnight knew he couldn't be as super-sized as the comics' Fisk, a 6-foot-7, 450-pound dude who resembles a sumo wrestler in a fashionable suit.

The actor shaved his head and added about 30 pounds to his 250-pound, 6-foot-3 frame.

"I wanted him to have an appearance of being super-powerful so that when he throws a punch, it's a major punch," D'Onofrio says. "There's a lot of weight behind it."

A fan of D'Onofrio's since 1987's Full Metal Jacket, DeKnight also wanted the actor to look outside the comics for character nuance. In the aftermath of one violent scene in which Fisk gets "pretty rough" with another guy, D'Onofrio says, he sees his reflection as being paler than he actually is — a subtle nod to something the actor discovered about serial killers when doing research for a past role.

"He had a passion and an understanding of what we were trying to do, of making it a very grounded, gritty, realistic show," DeKnight says.

"Here is an actor who's really thinking about it on not only a character depth but a visual depth that I really loved."