Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cause this argument bothers me. Some of y’all not being objective at all. It’s just hate from my perspective. I know why battlers want YouTube, i just think they’re overstating its current impact and agree URL has no business being on there anymore.

I was talking about the Mic issues on chrome and the stream cutting out. Caffeine events are nothing like the old url events as far as time goes. The pre shows alone used to be damn near 4 hours long. And your last argument is the type of weird hate I’m talking about. Why doesn’t URL get credit for having a good partner?
It’s some hate but for the most part it’s just people love complaining about anything, particularly whoever’s on top. Battle rap fans love complaining about URL and TBZ is on another level with it. You can’t expect objectivity here. It just is what it is.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
..but this match is so fukking terrible **Hitman Holla voice vs Surf**

Yeah Mook is not a very dynamic battler, and needs the right opponent. However RBE’s thing has always been to put on different, sometimes even underwhelming matches, that exceed expectations because expectations are kept to a minimum.

It’s some hate but for the most part it’s just people love complaining about anything, particularly whoever’s on top. Battle rap fans love complaining about URL and TBZ is on another level with it. You can’t expect objectivity here. It just is what it is.

It’s very weird. RBE puts together some of the worst matches out there and no one really calls them out on it.

Chrome 23 put on a boxing style card, where it was all about the main event and the undercard was whatever. No one calls them out on it.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone worried about mook being long I’m more worried K will be short. They should make a time limit and a time minimum of like 4-5 minutes

pause-neil-degrasse-tyson.gif

You're welcome

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't care who wins between Mook and Bigg K, I just want a entertaining battle I can watch again, Mook still has not have that since he came back. Only his 3rd against TayRoc and even that round is overrated

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
With Kshine and Ave Beasely had no problems with saying "Pay what you owe, give us the battles or give us the money". Aint been no such words bout Ez.
Maybe Ez found a legit loophole in his contract. :jbhmm:
According to Caps, the contract didn’t explicitly say “you can’t battle on Chrome” like it does RBE and KOTD.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
For what it’s worth, they’ve been releasing one rounds of battles on their Facebook page this whole time that y’all have been complaining about YouTube drops.
I remember Al Profit saying Facebook pays much better than YouTube. Probably a good way to drum up interest and make some easy money

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
For what it’s worth, they’ve been releasing one rounds of battles on their Facebook page this whole time that y’all have been complaining about YouTube drops.
I thought only people 60 and older still use Facebook