Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I’ve ever watched Battle Truth videos, where is this dude from? How old is he and what area did he grow up in that he was able to keep doing this and nobody ever did something to him or exposed him?

He's gotta be like 50 or close. He's from either Chicago or Milwaukee, I know he lives in Milwaukee now. And people have exposed him before, but either his weirdo fanbase didn't care enough (he does a lot of religious/christian stuff too) or he wasn't big enough for it to gain traction outside of a small sector.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps

TODD seeming really depressed. A far cry from when he was claiming he was gonna put Surf into retirement and make people never want to hear him rap again.

Yeah, don't over hype your shyt; I feel like that's the big mistake alot of battle rappers make. You can sell what you're going to do in the fight without doing that. JJDD said what needed to be said tho and he had no slip ups. But Surf, hate to admit it, controlled the battle.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Surf do this everytime somebody he dont like lose. Im sick of this nikka posting "intellectual" shyt just to look it.
He's absolutely right though.

This isn't a physical sport in the sense that your body is eroding, so once you start falling off it's likely you can never get back again.

These guys are writing, so logically speaking, whatever your highest point was, you should/could be able to hit it again.

The issue is what you expect someone to come with. If someone gives you one incredible performance four years ago, then three bad performances in a row, you should probably expect a bad one on the fourth. But they're still capable of that incredible performance they gave you. If it's a boxer or something, they're likely giving you bad performances because they're no longer athletically capable of the good ones.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London

This isn't a physical sport in the sense that your body is eroding, so once you start falling off it's likely you can never get back again.

These guys are writing, so logically speaking, whatever your highest point was, you should/could be able to hit it again.

The issue is what you expect someone to come with. If someone gives you one incredible performance four years ago, then three bad performances in a row, you should probably expect a bad one on the fourth. But they're still capable of that incredible performance they gave you. If it's a boxer or something, they're likely giving you bad performances because they're no longer athletically capable of the good ones.

Yep. Rap isn't a young mans game, it's a hungry mans game. See - Jay Z, Lux, and any other rapper in their 30s that you consider good to great

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld

Of course hes right I never disputed that. He only said that shyt with him in mind. nikka is a self absored Loso is a fakkit hypocrite that constantly moves the goalpost. There was none of this when Tez lost to EZ. That was my point.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Of course hes right I never disputed that. He only said that shyt with him in mind. nikka is a self absored Loso is a fakkit hypocrite that constantly moves the goalpost. There was none of this when Tez lost to EZ. That was my point.
You're mad that Surf spoke with Surf in mind, instead of gong out of his way to support Cortez? :dwillhuh:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
You're mad that Surf spoke with Surf in mind, instead of gong out of his way to support Cortez? :dwillhuh:

GettyImages-1084552034.jpg

Blog%20covers%20part%202%20%2845%29.png

L2Xs0BU8vjQg__7OyDKe3ubSvevO__4h1QYMov3Y-dJ3rrUYasE-QDeCmxpU0aOCteuPjpboYyiLoR2J6Xbrm0mrijaiidFMng2WZyssq5wGvjdHCA

Last edited: