The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If it appears to be filler included, it's because AMC insisted that the VG and Peter Gould add 3 more episodes.....for revenue purposes, obviously.
You got a source for this, because I never heard anything about that. :dahell:

The writers were talking about season 6 would have extended scenes/eps of Gene and/or the entire series would end with Gene 2+ years ago.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anyway, the ep was cool but I gotta agree it felt extremely out of place. I'm not even sure why exactly.

They had to resolve the Jeff problem and this did that, so it's not as if it was a waste of time.

I think it's just the expectations of what the endgame of "BCS" would be, vs what this ep actually was. Maybe. I dunno. :yeshrug:

Fred.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
nope disagree…last night is exactly how it should’ve ended…completely abrupt bcuz that makes all the sense in the world and was exactly what I was implying when I said that this should’ve just been a 10 episode season

I actually kind of agree with you. If they'd already told us what happened to Kim, I would actually have been fine not seeing Walt and Jesse.

That final shot of the tie/shirt with Gene walking off was equal parts

21e638-spiderman_post_master-6.jpg

and MJ turning to the camera at the end of 'Thriller'

Like he's saying "I might be out of the game, now but if it comes to scamming and fukkery - you've seen my work and you know how I'll give it up if I have to :ufdup:" would have been a dope ending to the whole thing.

As it goes - I'm starting to think he wants to get caught. The fukk was he giving the fake dog a Disney story for? :why:

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
So like the first 30 minutes of this episode I thought that saul was planning on robbing the Cinnabon maybe stealing all the money from the safe puttn it in one those bags bcuz he thought taxi cac was gona snitch

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I actually kind of agree with you. If they'd already told us what happened to Kim, I would actually have been fine not seeing Walt and Jesse.

That final shot of the tie/shirt with Gene walking off was equal parts

21e638-spiderman_post_master-6.jpg

and MJ turning to the camera at the end of 'Thriller'

Like he's saying "I might be out of the game, now but if it comes to scamming and fukkery - you've seen my work and you know how I'll give it up if I have to :ufdup:" would have been a dope ending to the whole thing.

As it goes - I'm starting to think he wants to get caught. The fukk was he giving the fake dog a Disney story for? :why:

I was actually being a little facetious with dude but reading your breakdown that wouldn’t have been such a bad series ending at all

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I keep seeing people saying it could end a couple eps ago or could've ended last night but there's a few outstanding plot points that were very obviously written to be resolved later in this season.

Season 4, episode 5 "Quite A Ride":

That phone call was never explained. Also the phone call is on Jimmy's birthday, seems oddly specific to just be a throwaway line.

Fred.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Didn't hate it but didn't quite love it either

I don't like the actor that replaced Jeff the cab driver... not a good "Jeff" at all

Gene is doing something to ensure that Jeff doesn't expose him. This elaborate scheme was just about protecting himself from Jeff, as he told the disappearer he was going to take care of this himself. If Jeff rats Jimmy, he also gets into serious trouble, federal crimes. But it brought back a strong yearning for his old life, with his loving handling of the loud suit and tie. But ultimately he made the choice to stay in the shadows as Gene

Three episodes left, and I have no earthly idea what to expect. Is it just going to alternate between Saul’s glory days and whatever is left of Gene’s life? I ain't even mad.
Also, Saul gets a kick out of sticking it to undesirable people. The new Jeff wasn't undesirable enough the get the full satisfaction.

Remember the attorney who represented Jesse's parents?

"What do you say, Mr. Gardner.....Do you CONCUR"?

Mr._Gardiner.png

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I keep seeing people saying it could end a couple eps ago or could've ended last night but there's a few outstanding plot points that were very obviously written to be resolved later in this season.

Season 4, episode 5 "Quite A Ride":

That phone call was never explained. Also the phone call is on Jimmy's birthday, seems oddly specific to just be a throwaway line.

Fred.

So that card he gave his secretary for an attorney was Kim’s card. So he’s gonna have his secretary answer the phone then pass it off to Kim for one last convo

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
So that card he gave his secretary for an attorney was Kim’s card. So he’s gonna have his secretary answer the phone then pass it off to Kim for one last convo

Good call. At that point, those two are damn near the last people left alive in the legal game who would have known him as Jimmy.

Unless you count Ernesto and the bald guy who he used to do legal aid with.

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Anyway, the ep was cool but I gotta agree it felt extremely out of place. I'm not even sure why exactly.

They had to resolve the Jeff problem and this did that, so it's not as if it was a waste of time.

I think it's just the expectations of what the endgame of "BCS" would be, vs what this ep actually was. Maybe. I dunno. :yeshrug:

Fred.
I wasn't feeling it at first, I won't lie

But I slept on it....woke up...thought about it on the train this AM

I think that this is trying to show us that no matter what happens, this is who Jimmy is. He can play pretend in Nebraska all he likes but in the end, he is always gonna be Slippin Jimmy and ultimately, it will likely be his downfall.

With that out of the way, this means these next few episodes will be wild as fukk because there's no way he got all that shyt from the department store for nothing.

He's probably planning to find Kim and I dunno...pull off one last heist? Or get back to what they were doing before, which is to scam and scheme until the wheels fall off for one of them?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn't feeling it at first, I won't lie

But I slept on it....woke up...thought about it on the train this AM

I think that this is trying to show us that no matter what happens, this is who Jimmy is. He can play pretend in Nebraska all he likes but in the end, he is always gonna be Slippin Jimmy and ultimately, it will likely be his downfall.

With that out of the way, this means these next few episodes will be wild as fukk because there's no way he got all that shyt from the department store for nothing.

He's probably planning to find Kim and I dunno...pull off one last heist? Or get back to what they were doing before, which is to scam and scheme until the wheels fall off for one of them?
I think hes tired of hiding and making cinnamon rolls, once that ring went back on his passion for life returned

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
You got a source for this, because I never heard anything about that. :dahell:

The writers were talking about season 6 would have extended scenes/eps of Gene and/or the entire series would end with Gene 2+ years ago.

Fred.
I read this somewhere (not a message board) before the second half of the season began.

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
How much money does saul have at the end of Bb?
“One of the first questions Saul asked Walt was "Have you seen my hourly rate?" This implied that he charged his clients a lot. He requested $4650 just to take on the Badger case. His office, though located in a strip mall, was shown to be full at all times. This meant that Saul was probably the most in-demand lawyer in Albuquerque

Before he met Walt and Jesse, Saul had dealt with many other drug lords. For example, in Better Call Saul, he charged Lalo $100,000 just to pick up a stack of cash. By combining his legal income with the cuts he gets by making the wishes of gangsters come true, his net worth could easily sum up to the tens of millions.”

Plus his cut of the Sandpiper settlement, which is $1.16M.

jBmeQmJXd8w2BprKxiEDAIvnTBmLGswrijEshkt0kUA.jpg