Reppin
NULL

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Rumors are Arnold will be involved
And where these rumors coming from homie?
:beli:

I think this is sort of similar to the Terminator series, these franchises are best left in the past. It's clear they have no idea how to make a good movie with the property. The Predator was a disgrace.

I listened to a podcast last week where they ranked the predator and alien series’ and according to three of the guests, no predator has any idea what to do with it. They barely showed love to the first one lol. So it is what it is man.

I think there’s a lot of the first one that people confuse, much like robocop. There’s a lot of satire there that is lost on people and they keep trying to recreate that rather than doing their own thing.

What works about predator comic books is they just get weird and go to their own places rather than trying to replicate something from the 80s. And that’s what worked about dark fate for me but less about the movies between T2 and dark fate

Last edited:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

I listened to a podcast last week where they ranked the predator and alien series’ and according to three of the guests, no predator has any idea what to do with it. They barely showed love to the first one lol. So it is what it is man.

I think there’s a lot of the first one that people confuse, much like robocop. There’s a lot of satire there that is lost on people and they keep trying to recreate that rather than doing their own thing.

What works about predator comic books is they just get weird and go to their own places rather than trying to replicate something from the 80s. And that’s what worked about dark fats for me but less about the movies between T2 and dark fate

I think Robert Rodriguez had the right idea with Predators, it just didn't stick the execution(Adrien Brody as a tough guy is :mjlol:)

At least he seemed to understand what made Predator 1 good.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What works about predator comic books is they just get weird and go to their own places rather than trying to replicate something from the 80s. And that’s what worked about dark fats for me but less about the movies between T2 and dark fate

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think Robert Rodriguez had the right idea with Predators, it just didn't stick the execution(Adrien Brody as a tough guy is :mjlol:)

At least he seemed to understand what made Predator 1 good.

but that’s the thing. That’s what makes the movie the same. Predator is, to me anyway, less about tough guys fighting the predator and just the deadliest game with an alien mixed with a slasher. That’s it. You can do that in any setting with any set of characters.

Mctiernan used big guys with guns to comment on the ridiculousness of 80s action movies. He says as much in the commentary for the movie. And the jungle setting is purely for aesthetics and it was different at the time.

A director or writer needs to determine what separates those movies from the action movies of today and just do that. If they want to comment on them sure but you gotta find an angle that takes advantage of the world you have rather than just repeating a movie from 87 and thinking it’s going to fly. Maybe it’s just me but this nostalgia shyt is getting old

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Homie who directed 10 cloverfield lane is taking a stab now. No pun intended

20th Century Studios Taps Dan Trachtenberg To Direct Next Predator Film – Deadline

Again:francis:

but that’s the thing. That’s what makes the movie the same. Predator is, to me anyway, less about tough guys fighting the predator and just the deadliest game with an alien mixed with a slasher. That’s it. You can do that in any setting with any set of characters.

Mctiernan used big guys with guns to comment on the ridiculousness of 80s action movies. He says as much in the commentary for the movie. And the jungle setting is purely for aesthetics and it was different at the time.

A director or writer needs to determine what separates those movies from the action movies of today and just do that. If they want to comment on them sure but you gotta find an angle that takes advantage of the world you have rather than just repeating a movie from 87 and thinking it’s going to fly. Maybe it’s just me but this nostalgia shyt is getting old

Honestly this is why I like Predator 2 the most though. :hamster:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel that. It’s definitely the most “let’s just try some shyt” of the bunch and I appreciate it for that. Even if it does feel like everyone was on cocaine

Yeah, you mentioned the 80s action tropes and that made me realize why I like 2 the most, it embraces the 80s-90s action cheese and doesn't care.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

What works about predator comic books is they just get weird and go to their own places rather than trying to replicate something from the 80s. And that’s what worked about dark fate for me but less about the movies between T2 and dark fate
If I was running the studio I would just reboot everything and remake the OG Predator.