TMZ: Kelis Makes Nas Reveal His Income & Bank Account Balance In Court (Nas Makes $175k A Month)

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Why do Hip-Hop fans care so much about money ? Im' not saying artists should starve, but people being mad/sad because Nas "only" has million in liquid is crazy to me. That's the root of selling out...

Nas is rich. He won't ever struggle in his life. He got more money than the vast majority of the world population, including first world countries. It's not enough ?

An artist badge of honor should be his art, not his bank account. Hip-Hop is an art form first, not a business.

I don't care if not he's not a billionaire. I care about his legacy and his legacy is solid.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Why do Hip-Hop fans care so much about money ? Im' not saying artists should starve, but people being mad/sad because Nas "only" has million in liquid is crazy to me. That's the root of selling out...

Nas is rich. He won't ever struggle in his life. He got more money than the vast majority of the world population, including first world countries. It's not enough ?

An artist badge of honor should be his art, not his bank account. Hip-Hop is an art form first, not a business.

I don't care if not he's not a billionaire. I care about his legacy and his legacy is solid.

True, never heard about white fans disecting their artists pockets EVER...

We made our music about clubs and money..

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Someone with hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax debt probably does not have 100mil in investments, breh. Nas being rich isn't new, but Nas being financially stable is (relatively). Not long ago he was having tax issues and other shyt.
I hear you, but I'm starting to get the impression that Nas' tax issues don't stem from lack of money, but rather some stubborn refusal to pay certain tax bills.

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
Kelis is remarried with a 2nd child. She got the house, gets child custody & child support, and supposedly has a thriving career herself writing books and being a celebrity chef. Why the fukk does she continue to act like she’s struggling to raise their child financially, when all indicators suggest otherwise...
What does that have to do with NAS pitching in for HIS SON?

Quit counting another mans pockets!!
Her husband has NOHING to do with this!

kayslay

Daps
they have shared custody - she doesn't have sole custody. They should be sharing the cost of raising lil man. Now, if there are mitigating circumstances and the cost of raising him is going up, then he should pay more. But if she just taking him to court bc she sees he hit a lick with the investments? That's not cool. Granted, we are all posting off of assumptions....we have no clue what he is doing for lil buddy outside of the 8k a month.
A lot of you all don’t know the circumstances of which these increased child support is stemming from.
Allegedly he was asking for a shift in custody.
Whenever you aske for that your financial standing is inspected and the other parent is given the space to counter sue.

He wants more custodial rights and she wants more money.

If he is asking to have a bigger hand in the child rearing her should also have a bigger hand in child expenses.

Too many people are getting caught up in the fact that she remarried when that’s neither her nor there. It’s really irrelevant because I’ve heard nothing about her new husband being broke or leeching off these payments.

kayslay

Daps
My love doesn't exceed more than 5k a month for anybody but myself. .

Better send his ass to public school.
Super Pawg Hunter?

Say less!

I honestly don’t care for the opinions of people about the Reering of Black children when they have no intentions of having any.
I’m just keeping it real!

kayslay

Daps
stfu.. they live in LA for one

even if a school is 32,000 a year, thats 60 plus left for 12 months for an 8yr old tax free
LA is just as expensive!
32,000 isn’t much, he pays more than that taking care of grown ass family memebers per his own admission.

I pray to god no Black women have the unfortunate experience of some of you fathering their children.

kayslay

Daps
Did she write any of his standup specials?get him a role in any of the movies he was in:jbhmm:?

Thats how he got a raw deal:martin:?
You actually think she needs 40K a month raise 6 kids?or that it takes 10K to "keep up a new home".
She is too good to rent now smh?
Please just do the world a favor and get a vasectomy.

You Mfs think your ex wife and kids supposed to live in the projects just because they don’t live under your thumb.

Just pathetic!

Jesus be a financial advisor!

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Please just do the world a favor and get a vasectomy.

You Mfs think your ex wife and kids supposed to live in the projects just because they don’t live under your thumb.

Just pathetic!

Jesus be a financial advisor!

Yes of course,because everyone knows its a thin line

Projects:hula:Mansion

Im sure you have probably never heard a man say the garbage you are saying we say. Certainly not enough to pretend the majority would think or say something that stupid. You definitley wont be pretending like I said that.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
A lot of you all don’t know the circumstances of which these increased child support is stemming from.
Allegedly he was asking for a shift in custody.
Whenever you aske for that your financial standing is inspected and the other parent is given the space to counter sue.

He wants more custodial rights and she wants more money.

If he is asking to have a bigger hand in the child rearing her should also have a bigger hand in child expenses.

you're right - i'm making assumptions. i'm assuming he's trying to get a shift in custody b/c she won't let him see his son. i'm assuming he wouldn't mind paying more if he meant he got to see his son more, but it doesn't sound like his visitation is being held up on Kelis's side.

Too many people are getting caught up in the fact that she remarried when that’s neither her nor there. It’s really irrelevant because I’ve heard nothing about her new husband being broke or leeching off these payments.

i don't think this was for me, but i don't care about her getting re-married.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
96K a year tax free aint enough for her to raise a kid yall and she remarried.:mjlol:
I didn't know she remarried. That makes this even fukking crazier.

So nas is giving this bytch 6 figures (basically) a year for their child and that's not enough for food/clothing/shelter/entertainment/hobbies for just one kid?

C'mon.

This is like legal extortion.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
LA is just as expensive!
32,000 isn’t much, he pays more than that taking care of grown ass family memebers per his own admission.

I pray to god no Black women have the unfortunate experience of some of you fathering their children.

My son mom is fine.. stfu

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset

Concerning the 1st paragraph, why would CS increase if the woman’s physical custody is decreasing?

At minimum, Kelis’ hubby works when he feels like it. If the hearsay in this thread is true, the hubby decided to be a SAHD. Being a SAHD is fine, but Kelis can’t depend on Knight’s CS to accommodate this arrangement with her couch surfing husband. You know that is not fair.