To my Toronto people...

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
What's your evidence for Milton booming? I have heard that before, if I'm not mistaken, it's the fastest growing city in the country? Reasons?

Cobourg? Really? It's a old white town lol.

I know the Fairview area well. My barber was telling me how a 3 bedroom is for like 600-650 for sale. It's nothing close to Regent and the housing complex nearby is torn down. It's far from a seedy area. It has 3 highways right beside it (DVP 404, 401), mall and right beside a subway station, walking distance. He said it's the number 1 growing condo area in Toronto right now, according to his reator.
I've been there but its too saturated. I hate places where there are. 5-6 condos an inch from each other. I like to ve surrounded by trees and historic areas with character.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
That's true the condo game is saturated but at the same time. I figured its better for me to bud equity and possibly my condo gaining some value than sitting and wait for the hoising market to crash to be able to afford a house. My mom is a single parent. The house she lives in will be her retirement. I have to make my own way. Besides it gets me a foot in the door. But ya if i had to pick betweeen a house or a condo id pick a house.
Houses have extra costs that just aren't worth it unless you have a family

• Dap
Reactions: Yup

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I know like 2 cats whose families bought homes in Richmond Hill 2-3 years ago for 650-7 and now can sell for 950-1 mill. I know a cat who made 100 racks profit on a crib in Newmarket in 18 months.

I'm just tryna see which town is gonna be like that or in the process of it. There are townhouses in Stouffville for 450-550, that run for like 650 in Richmond Hill right now.

Milton does seem like it. It's majority white? The reason I don't get the hype is cause it continuously reminds me of Maplehurst lol
Milton ten years ago was all farm land and shyt, that place changed real quick. Get in now while you van

• Dap

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I know the Fairview area well. My barber was telling me how a 3 bedroom is for like 600-650 for sale. It's nothing close to Regent and the housing complex nearby is torn down. It's far from a seedy area. It has 3 highways right beside it (DVP 404, 401), mall and right beside a subway station, walking distance. He said it's the number 1 growing condo area in Toronto right now, according to his reator

i said used to be
before the subway station it was seedy area

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
@Wise

Maybe my experiences can help.

I grew up in Etobicoke and eventually after living in public housing for years, me and the fam bought a house (bungalow) off Weston and 401 because we wanted to stay in the West but didn't want to leave the city.

After 2 years (and $70,000 in profit) we had to sell because (a) we didn't have the greatest down payment and the mortgage was killing us and (b) we got rocked by the flooding in 2013. We got a payout from insurance for the sewer back up, my dad renovated the place and we had to get out of dodge

Aug 2014, I ended up buying a house in Milton (brand new, 2 story detached, exterior brick, 401 and James Snow, literally 1-2 min off the highway, 2000 square feet etc etc) for less $50,000 less than my shytty bungalow in Weston

Now, I don't live there (Im in Ottawa) so my family is holding it down but I have other relatives who have moved to Milton, in fact we've collectively set Milton as our new base of operations.

Heres my take on Milton

Its affordable if you have your heart set on the West. Brampton is a shyt hole, Sauga is priced out, and Georgetown/Halton Hills/Acton is a bit too white for me and too far off the 401. Im a west end kid so I could NEVER move to Durham. And York Region is priced the fukk out too. Im not dropping 600,000 for a town house.

You can get a nice brand new home at a decent price. I would actually recommend buying an older house in "old Milton" and reno it yourself because these Mattamee homes are all shyt, (poor quality). Me, I don't have a single handyman skill in me, so I had to go with the new built (especially because payments are flexible in terms of down payments and you'll see a jump in value between signing those initial papers and the closing date).

The values of the home are doing really well too. Ive owned my house for 14 months and comparable homes in the area are already selling for $60,000 more than what I spent just last year. The taxes in Milton are not that bad either.

The only thing is, you gotta see it as a long term project because the citys paying catch up for the services and infrastructure. I mean, groceries, pharmacy, banks etc are all there, but the commercial is not matching the residential yet. But that could be a good thing because by the time it does you could be sitting pretty in terms of your home value.

Square 1 is 15 min away for me, the Milton Outlet is 5 min away, and I can still hit the old block in less than half hour

That morning traffic, from Milton to Yorkdale (for the few times Ive had to work out of the downtown Toronto office) can be brutal though. It is what it is.

If you aint fukking with Brown folks, Milton does have it fair share of Pakistanis. As long as it stays at current levels I aint too mad.

All in all its a long term project. If youre looking for nightlife or even a half decent eatery in your neighbourhood you wont find it. But in terms of school, quality of life, etc and bang for your buck its dope

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Extra 1,000 plus for an area most people don't use.

I've prob been to my basement ten times in six years sometimes even forget it's there

Lot of ppl don't wanna deal with that. But if you ok with that then yeah that would be best.

I've done that, I won't do it again

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
If you can find the right place. But I'm sayin I think Hamilton is a better value and roi

I want to add to this. My cousin bought a place in a little town 10-15 min outside Hamilton (forget what its called). It works for him because he got what I have in Milton for $150,000 less. Apparently Hamilton has BEEN hot for real estate.

Now, for my cousin it works cuz his fam is in Sauga, his wife is from Oakville and works there and he goes to school in Burlington. Again where your "WORLD" is influences your decision. If your fam and friends are all in those western suburbs, you cant go wrong with Hamilton.

I wouldn't personally live there though.

• Dap

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Wise

Maybe my experiences can help.

I grew up in Etobicoke and eventually after living in public housing for years, me and the fam bought a house (bungalow) off Weston and 401 because we wanted to stay in the West but didn't want to leave the city.

After 2 years (and $70,000 in profit) we had to sell because (a) we didn't have the greatest down payment and the mortgage was killing us and (b) we got rocked by the flooding in 2013. We got a payout from insurance for the sewer back up, my dad renovated the place and we had to get out of dodge

Aug 2014, I ended up buying a house in Milton (brand new, 2 story detached, exterior brick, 401 and James Snow, literally 1-2 min off the highway, 2000 square feet etc etc) for less $50,000 less than my shytty bungalow in Weston

Now, I don't live there (Im in Ottawa) so my family is holding it down but I have other relatives who have moved to Milton, in fact we've collectively set Milton as our new base of operations.

Heres my take on Milton

Its affordable if you have your heart set on the West. Brampton is a shyt hole, Sauga is priced out, and Georgetown/Halton Hills/Acton is a bit too white for me and too far off the 401. Im a west end kid so I could NEVER move to Durham. And York Region is priced the fukk out too. Im not dropping 600,000 for a town house.

You can get a nice brand new home at a decent price. I would actually recommend buying an older house in "old Milton" and reno it yourself because these Mattamee homes are all shyt, (poor quality). Me, I don't have a single handyman skill in me, so I had to go with the new built (especially because payments are flexible in terms of down payments and you'll see a jump in value between signing those initial papers and the closing date).

The values of the home are doing really well too. Ive owned my house for 14 months and comparable homes in the area are already selling for $60,000 more than what I spent just last year. The taxes in Milton are not that bad either.

The only thing is, you gotta see it as a long term project because the citys paying catch up for the services and infrastructure. I mean, groceries, pharmacy, banks etc are all there, but the commercial is not matching the residential yet. But that could be a good thing because by the time it does you could be sitting pretty in terms of your home value.

Square 1 is 15 min away for me, the Milton Outlet is 5 min away, and I can still hit the old block in less than half hour

That morning traffic, from Milton to Yorkdale (for the few times Ive had to work out of the downtown Toronto office) can be brutal though. It is what it is.

If you aint fukking with Brown folks, Milton does have it fair share of Pakistanis. As long as it stays at current levels I aint too mad.

All in all its a long term project. If youre looking for nightlife or even a half decent eatery in your neighbourhood you wont find it. But in terms of school, quality of life, etc and bang for your buck its dope

good looking out. Which housing you grow up in? Jamestown?

I could've sworn Milton IS Halton Hills. Truth be told I don't care about living there, just the potential for increase in value.

See I know York Region is priced the f out, in terms of Woodbridge, Kleinburg, Richmond Hill and Markahm... I'm wondering about Aurora, Newmarket and Stouffville (which apparently has the 2nd highest household salary in Ontario after Oakville).

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
good looking out. Which housing you grow up in? Jamestown?

I could've sworn Milton IS Halton Hills. Truth be told I don't care about living there, just the potential for increase in value.

See I know York Region is priced the f out, in terms of Woodbridge, Kleinburg, Richmond Hill and Markahm... I'm wondering about Aurora, Newmarket and Stouffville (which apparently has the 2nd highest household salary in Ontario after Oakville).

Scarlett/Dixon/Weston

Halton is the region which encompasses Milton, Halton Hills, Georgetown, Acton, Oakville, Burlington etc

See with Aurora, Newmarket, Stouffville same with Milton, youre now venturing into what I call the "outer layer" of the GTA

The inner layer would be the immediately adjoining cities (Sauga, Brampton, Woodbridge, R Hill, Vaughan, Markham)

Once you go beyond there (west of Sauga=Milton, north of Vaughan=Aurora, north of Markham=Stouffville)

It all comes down to where you want to live and where your zone of familiarity is. Either way youre gonna be fukked on the 401 or the 401.

But I think Milton is cheaper than those other options

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you can find the right place. But I'm sayin I think Hamilton is a better value and roi

I read when you mentioned that but I just get that cracktown Oshawa vibe from H-Town. You really think improvements such as a GO train and LRT will skyrocket the real estate there?

btw, do any of you guys have any newspaper/magazine articles or anything like that pertaining to real estate in places like H-Town and Milton?

• Dap