Tom Brady has surpassed Joe Montana as the GOAT – Stephen A. | First Take

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
that rule change was for how receivers were covered. Montana still was getting killed in the pocket along with other qbs as well.

They created a rule for tom brady because he got hurt. true or false? they also changed the wr contact rule after the colts cried after 2004. Both rules benefitted tom and other QBs and allowed them to play longer in the nfl.

Also let me ask you a question. Had seattle ran the ball, and the pats don't get the strip sack on ryan (brady had 0 to do with either) would you still hold your position of tom surpassing joe years ago?

He passed Montana back in 2010.:mjlol:.

Players are biggest, faster, and stronger today. QB's still get rocked today.

Defenses are far more complex and advanced today.

Brady has played in the salary cap and FA era.

He passed Montana a long time ago.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You make the argument for Tom but one thing is true Joe Montana had a way tougher path on the way to his Championships. Had to play very Cowboys, Bears, Giants, hell even in the division the teams weren't cakewalks.

As long as Brady is in the NFC East he is almost guaranteed a 1st round bye. Makes it alot easier to go through the playoffs.
:stopitslime:

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
No disrespect to the Montana fans on here, I was there with you 100% for the longest :salute:
But after that 28-3 comeback...a nikka had to re-evaluate some shyt :wow:
Its all love tho, I'm just happy to see the GOAT sport played at the highest level :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You can't complain about on rule change while ignoring the other.

Nobody is complaining, just stating facts. QBs are way more protected now than they were in the 80s. If you don't think that leads to lengthier careers fine, but it's pretty obvious that it does. Peyton Manning had his best statistical season at age 37. Drew Brees will probably finish second in MVP voting and he's old too.

Those are facts so what do you want.. :manny: these QB's are not taking the kind of hits that previous era QBs were taking.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Joe Montana didnt lose to Wade Wilson and Jeff Hostetler in the playoffs at home??

Uh Montana got hurt in the 4th quarter, don't be a casual. He took a hit from Marshall that bruised his sternum, cracked his ribs, broke his hand :mjlol:

This is the shyt I'm talking about. Brady never took hits like that.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Those hits are now illegal.

A rushing defender is prohibited from committing such intimidating and punishing acts as “stuffing” a passer into the ground or unnecessarily wrestling or driving him down after the passer has thrown the ball ... When tackling a passer who is in a defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down and land on top of him with all or most of the defender’s weight. Instead, the defensive player must strive to wrap up the passer with the defensive player’s arms and not land on the passer.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Uh Montana got hurt in the 4th quarter, don't be a casual. He took a hit from Marshall that bruised his sternum, cracked his ribs, broke his hand :mjlol:

This is the shyt I'm talking about. Brady never took hits like that.
Dog, I watched that.game live. I know what happened. He was struggling to put up points long before he got.hurt. I like how you ignored that Minnesota game where.he looked so awful, he got pulled vs an 8-7 team at home. P.S. Brady is 50 lbs heavier than Montana, so of course he would never get flattened like that. Hes not frail and.scrawny like Montana was.

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
he's the GOAT this video just got me looking at him like its not even close

:wow:

You can tell all of his teammates love him, and he cares about them as well.

His relationship with the Kraft's is very obvious when you see all of their locker-room videos. There's just a special bond in that locker-room, and I do believe they feel like they've been under-rated and disrespected this year.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Dog, I watched that.game live. I know what happened. He was struggling to put up points long before he got.hurt. I like how you ignored that Minnesota game where.he looked so awful, he got pulled vs an 8-7 team at home. P.S. Brady is 50 lbs heavier than Montana, so of course he would never get flattened like that. Hes not frail and.scrawny like Montana was.

If you know what happened then you should know that Marshall fell with all of his weight on top of Montana. That is not happening to Brady. Also, who cares if he was "struggling" to put up points? It doesn't change the fact that he got hurt in the game.

Brady had a fukking 18-0 team with one of the best offenses ever against a wild card Giants team and put up 14 points total. That's an inexcusable L.