UFC 286 On ESPN+ PPV [3/18 @ 5 pm ET] “Look At Me Now!” (Leon Edwards/Kamaru Usman III)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QBN

All Star
Daps
Listen that was a good hard fought contest...Leon certified himself tonight:salute: Don't let UFC change the narrative to fukkin Colby. Salute Leon and salute Usman for being a great champ and defending that strap 5 times.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Listen that was a good hard fought contest...Leon certified himself tonight:salute: Don't let UFC change the narrative to fukkin Colby. Salute Leon and salute Usman for being a great champ and defending that strap 5 times.

What can we do about it, it's clear what angle they're going for and shyt sucks

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
edwards has legit respect for usman's power and game though. both guys tonight played each other extremely cautiously throughout. colby? he's got a BMF can crusher these days and that's it. all the top fighters know the deal now and its also why colby isn't that active or in the cage like that anymore too.

he's protecting himself at this point so that he can still cash in when an opportunity comes up. everyone can see it

Right he beat bum ass masvidal, and Woodley whose anathema is activity and he is going to outstrike Edwards who hasn't lost to anyone in like 7 years :dead:

fukk that cac, he need to fight Belal or something.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I thought Leon clearly won the 5th round and thought the other 4 could've been 2-2 or 3-1 Leon, so i felt he was the winner.

With Usman, i said it in the Jones thread (that i was wrong in) but it's one of those things where when you reach the mountaintop you have to be careful not to overstay your welcome. You either retire invincible or fight long enough to get caught/pile up Ls.

I felt Usman stayed 1 fight too long and should've retired after the 2nd Colby fight.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:what: Colby will be absolutely massacred standing with Leon, he has to rely on wrestling more so than Usman because he has no power. If undeserving mfs are gonna fight for the title, let Leon get back at Masvidal for his sucker punch.

I'm legit perplexed. I'm thinking I'm losing my mind since I missed the fights that showcased this amazing standup Colby has

QBN

All Star
Daps
What can we do about it, it's clear what angle they're going for and shyt sucks
From my understanding Leon can refuse the fight, just like Colby refused Khamzat, Belal etc. Stipe turned down nuff fights, but you risk becoming a target of Dana & the UFC. If Masvidal wins (doubt it) UFC could give him the title shot since he has a name and past beef with Leon. Leon actually wants that Masvidal fight.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I'm legit perplexed. I'm thinking I'm losing my mind since I missed the fights that showcased this amazing standup Colby has
In what world can Colby out strike Leon? :gucci:
he only has wrestling :yeshrug: no striking, no power, no submission skills.
You cant talk all that shyt and just wrestle your way to a decision win.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
From my understanding Leon can refuse the fight, just like Colby refused Khamzat, Belal etc. Stipe turned down nuff fights, but you risk becoming a target of Dana & the UFC. If Masvidal wins (doubt it) UFC could give him the title shot since he has a name and past beef with Leon. Leon actually wants that Masvidal fight.

That's the key issue It's not worth going against the system, I don't see Edwards turning down the fight

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In what world can Colby out strike Leon? :gucci:
he only has wrestling :yeshrug: no striking, no power, no submission skills.
You cant talk all that shyt and just wrestle your way to a decision win.

You know you're agreeing with his point right

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Naw, I dont think so. Colby aint nice with his hands or legs like that he just a cardio monster who grinds you away which I'm not he will catch Leon.

He 35, bro aint in his physical prime in any fashion plus he aint fought in a minute. I think edwards would knock him out.

That’s all that’s needed against a low output fighter like Edwards. Edwards is not a KO artist