Westside Gunn says he's not retiring

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
I don't think it's gonna be a big deal breh.

Benny has Roc Nation fully backing him up, andt to my surprise Conway just said on a livestream that he's very happy with Shady and that to his surprise they've cleared almost every sample for his album (GDMM) that he's asked for. He said he was annoyed that they cut Anderson .Paak from the album, but other than that, they are letting him drop it basically exactly how he always wanted to. They even cleared a brand new sample from Bink that he sent at the last minute wasn't even on the original album he submitted. He's not having to use the Beat Butcha and Daringer combo. Production by Daringer, Alchemist, Bink, 9th Wonder, Khrysis, AraabMuzik, and Hitmaka. He said there might be one Beat Butcha beat on the album but he's not sure yet.

But Conway doesn't seem to care much either way. He said he's focused on quitting drinking and getting his own artists and his new label off the ground more so than his solo projects. He said he's fine with the vinyl and merch numbers on those, and just wants to focus on making dope music and stepping up his executive producing game in 2021.

As far as WSG I think he and Shady have more friction between them. But I'm over WSG as a solo artist anyways so whatever.
Bink :ohhh:

He needs more placements

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the shock is Jay Versace and Gibbs is a waste of Gibbs verses.
:scust:

Jay Versace isn't terrible but he's not nearly dope enough to warrant a full project with Gibbs.

Versace is one of the laziest producers alive right now. Boldy rhymed on those beats for Versace Tape because WSG asked him to. Boldy's a cool dude so he did the favor and he didn't even pick any of those beats. He just said he'd rhyme on whatever they asked him to.

Varsace's in the position he's in largely because WSG respects his social media following.

There are so many producers I'd rather hear do a full project with Gibbs before Jay Versace :unimpressed:
Dog he’s not referring to shyt but Jay being Gay lol..... and I’m just telling him they’re well aware of it

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I don't know for a fact but I think Gibbs and WSG don't care for each other much. WSG be taking little shots on twitter at Gibbs especially that Grammy nomination. I can't find the tweet but he was definitely taking shots on one of em.

Yup, on Twitter when Alfredo came out and Gibbs' manager was like "When the last time someone came out with 2 classics in a year" - referring to Bandana and Alfredo - Gunn got tight and @ed him saying how he came out with Hitler 7 and P4P.

Last edited:

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
:snoop:Of course he’s not.

Such a corny move to pre-announce a retirement.

I say get it while your hot cause you really only got a 2 to 3 year window mostly in the rap game.

He got contracts to fulfill he was never going to retire.

Plus this wasn't thread worthy but Op know what he doing he just wants nikkas too shyt on Gunn.

Typical Trump supporter trying to shyt on a minority.

I knew he wasn't to begin with, he just wanted to get out of that purgatory hell hole record label Shady Records. Watch how much he will elevate wihout them.

The nikka should retire, got one of the most grating voices in rap right now, plus he's nothing compared to Conway

Color me shocked :stopitslime:

Who believed he was retiring :russ:

Didnt see that coming

You are projecting a lie. I don’t understand how many times this needs to be explained to you that Westside Gunn had a distribution deal with Shady, not an artist deal. Westside Gunn released how many projects since signing with Shady? How many of those projects were Shady affiliated?

Please stop fabricating the facts.

Gonna be some harsh realities for Griselda this year, when they don't have a major label to waste money promoting them on big platforms.
:francis:

:what:

brah, unless I've missed something entirely, da hell are you talking about? Roc Nation has always handled their promotion, and will continue to do so in 2021...and if you was alluding to Shady, Shady records is a boutique label, not a major...

Been hoping for his retirement ever since he ruined WWCD with his incoherent blabbering & annoying ass adlibs x1,000. Possibly the worst performance by any member of a group ever even worse than Bizarre W/D12 :mjlol:

wow

how could every single poster on the first page not see the MAGA HAT

2021 and nggaz spend all day on the internet but dont read

2021 and people are debating hiphop with trump supporters

cacs run this site

:snoop:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

Yup, on Twitter when Alfredo came out and Gibbs' manager was like "When the last time someone came out with 2 classics in a year" - referring to Piñata and Alfredo - Gunn got tight and @ed him saying how he came out with Hitler 7 and P4P.

:dwillhuh:

That's NO comparison. Bandana & Alfredo >>> Hermes 7 & Paris.

Also, just gotta say. Gibbs has the balls to cal his albums albums beforehand. WSG is the king of dropping a project and then if it's well-received, he'll call it an album after the fact. If it's not as well-received, he'll cal it a mixtape.

But if you notice, he almost never commits to calling anything an album ahead of time. I *think* (I'm not sure) Supreme Blientele might've been the only time where he put it out there that it was an album ahead of time.

Gibbs raised the stakes and called Bandana and Alfredo actual albums before they were released.

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:dwillhuh:

That's NO comparison. Bandana & Alfredo >>> Hermes 7 & Paris.

Also, just gotta say. Gibbs has the balls to cal his albums albums beforehand. WSG is the king of dropping a project and then if it's well-received, he'll call it an album after the fact. If it's not as well-received, he'll cal it a mixtape.

But if you notice, he almost never commits to calling anything an album ahead of time. I *think* (I'm not sure) Supreme Blientele might've been the only time where he put it out there that it was an album ahead of time.

Gibbs raised the stakes and called Bandana and Alfredo actual albums before they were released.

Lol this is true, I just assume anything that ain't HWH is an album now. And I remember after seeing that Gibbs interview thinking that Gibbs and Griselda might not fukk with each other no more because of West but then FKTG and BOP dropped and he was on it. But it seems like they patched it up since then since he shouted him out in a recent video on IG Live when he was showing a tour of his crib in AZ while showing the P4P vinyls.

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wow

cacs run this site

I say get it while your hot cause you really only got a 2 to 3 year window mostly in the rap game.

He got contracts to fulfill he was never going to retire.

Plus this wasn't thread worthy but Op know what he doing he just wants nikkas too shyt on Gunn.

Typical Trump supporter trying to shyt on a minority.

Guess you don't read either bruh!

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
wow

cacs run this site

MAGA hat? Where? I hate Trump btw.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes the fukk he does. He made a little comeback with Ross a few years ago then got quiet again. Conway got a couple soulful Blueprint era type joints with him in the stash
:wow:

he did some new shyt for Ross recently. not sure when its coming out.

nightpupil

ElderzInMegaHallz
Daps
They fukking waking me from my slumber for this fukking bullshyt?? The same old fukking tired threats. How many times are they going to threaten me with the same fukking lines every fukking time??? Do something else with your time, cus I really don't give a fukk or scared of dying..... How many fukking times have I died just in 2020 alone ??? I don't give a fukk! fukk the treats you sending, to the son of God I might add. Find something to do with your fukking time besides sitting all day here on your ass.

I really don't feel like posting here but these people are here literally posting every 24hours everyday. LOL

They always act like they won some prize or something bro it's too funny. When i and God have been making them eat shyt for the post year non stop. LOL

Last edited: