Westside Gunn says he's not retiring

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland

this guy won't be happy til he turns Boldy James into the most boring rapper alive.

Detroit has the best rap scene right now and instead of partaking in that Boldy's running around with this half a faq who's making him rap over his little toyboy's YouTube loops and now he wants him rapping over Daringers beats...Gunn going to pick all those plodding reject wrestling beats for him.

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know Gibbs is mad cool with Conway, Benny, and Boldy, but if you suspect he and WSG have an issue I believe you. I've heard rumors and I did hear there was a Twitter thing.

WSG seems like an irritating cat to be honest. :hubie:

in my opinion he talks too much, and needs to stop running to social media with every single gripe he has. He’s currently mad that fans don’t want to pay $25 to stream his movie, and basically said they should stop being fans.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
:what:

brah, unless I've missed something entirely, da hell are you talking about? Roc Nation has always handled their promotion, and will continue to do so in 2021...and if you was alluding to Shady, Shady records is a boutique label, not a major...
Roc nation is management company. They decide where dollars should be spent

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
this guy won't be happy til he turns Boldy James into the most boring rapper alive.

Detroit has the best rap scene right now and instead of partaking in that Boldy's running around with this half a faq who's making him rap over his little toyboy's YouTube loops and now he wants him rapping over Daringers beats...Gunn going to pick all those plodding reject wrestling beats for him.
:snoop: Glad I'm not the only one not that excited about Boldy and Daringer.

Boldy and Alc are dropping another album this year. Boldy and Harry Fraud are dropping an EP. Hopefully there are some Detroit features between those 2. I liked that King Chip, Peechie Green, and Mafia Double Dee were on M1CS.

Detroit's music scene is always incredible. Hopefully Boldy moves enough on his own to drop some stuff outside of what WSG asks him to do.

I think WSG's executive production skills are either falling off or he succeeded in spite of himself a few times. Every project Conway last year was executive produced by himself and I thought they were all just as solid as anything WSG executive produced for him. Tana Talk 3 was WSG's last great executive production effort.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
in my opinion he talks too much, and needs to stop running to social media with every single gripe he has. He’s currently mad that fans don’t want to pay $25 to stream his movie, and basically said they should stop being fans.
$25 to stream a movie?

Hard pass.

If it's gonna be 25 bucks he should just sell hard copies of it. :mjtf: Who wants to pay $25 for a movie they'll probably watch one time? :dead: Like, what does he expect? What's he bringing to the table that makes it worth the $25? That's a couple months worth of most streaming platforms entire library.

If Christopher Nolan wanted to ask $25 for people to stream Tenet last year that would have been a big ask. Imagine paying $25 to stream a less good version of State Property in 2021. :heh:

Finally...:mjlol:at telling your owns fans not to be fans. Stupid move.

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
$25 to stream a movie?

Hard pass.

If it's gonna be 25 bucks he should just sell hard copies of it. :mjtf: Who wants to pay $25 for a movie they'll probably watch one time? :dead: Like, what does he expect? What's he bringing to the table that makes it worth the $25? That's a couple months worth of most streaming platforms entire library.

If Christopher Nolan wanted to ask $25 for people to stream Tenet last year that would have been a big ask. Imagine paying $25 to stream a less good version of State Property in 2021. :heh:

Finally...:mjlol:at telling your owns fans not to be fans. Stupid move.

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He also dropped a project with Alchemist. Calm down.

Griselda is the best look Boldy has had in his career.

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

@TheDarceKnight

Not sure how true this is, but some of the alleged screenplay was leaked

hTZBC5I_d.webp

aoRzxhU_d.webp

pin my opinion the movie doesn’t look bad.

Last edited:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I think the shock is Jay Versace and Gibbs is a waste of Gibbs verses.
:scust:

Jay Versace isn't terrible but he's not nearly dope enough to warrant a full project with Gibbs.

Versace is one of the laziest producers alive right now. Boldy rhymed on those beats for Versace Tape because WSG asked him to. Boldy's a cool dude so he did the favor and he didn't even pick any of those beats. He just said he'd rhyme on whatever they asked him to.

Varsace's in the position he's in largely because WSG respects his social media following.

There are so many producers I'd rather hear do a full project with Gibbs before Jay Versace :unimpressed:
I was so disappointed with the Versace tape lol

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
WSG got to get off social media lol. Probably top 10 worse person on social. I love the music tho

nightpupil

ElderzInMegaHallz
Daps
Oh by the way I don't mean anything bad with what I said to my brothers. I love my brothers they are my heart. I just said what I said cause Satan is the CASUSE of me always coming back here.