What's wrong with being a "Hotep"?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
From what I see from Hotep twitter, these people are actually embracing pro-blackness and loving themselves.

I love seeing African Americans invest time into finding out about African culture and history and the roots of their own heritage...especially as an African themselves.

I love seeing African Americans invest in Egypt, and from there finding out about other prominent African civilizations.

I love seeing Black people learning to love themselves in general and not being afraid to put themselves out there.

And it seems like any positive pro-black element is now seen as "hotep"/. Why?

Cause white owned Ebony and Bossip told y'all "hotep" is bad?
:mjpls:

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
Being "hotep" is not bad... but the people using the hotep image to give out false information is what makes hoteps look bad.

Look at that idiot named Yada... telling black women that having a period is unnatural for them.

If they are using being a hotep to enlighten, spread correct information, and love in the black community I say go for it!

Nothing wrong with people wanting to keep their community informed...

Last edited:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
A hotep is a black hippie. A lot of hoteps do nothing but sit around all day and practice psuedo spirtiuallity burning insence all day trying to raise their c00ndalinis virbrations. +Most of what they're into isn't black in origin they stole it from south Asian religions and try to attach that shyt to ancient Egypt. They neglect African history outside of kemet usually and are usually unemployed.

:jbhmm: Name one hotep freedom fighter.

:martin: I'll wait.

Hoteps are clowns with a good talk game. They doing nothing tangible. One hotep nikka was telling me about how aliens are going to come save us once our vibrations are high enough.

The word is being used liberally to shame any black person who shows pride in themselves and their history.
Lies. We dislike black hippies.

Last edited:

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
the irony is people who would be called hotep call other people they dont like hotep. i see this on twitter and tumblr all the time. tariq stays calling people hoteps and gets called a hotep nikka.

its basically just used as an insult to someone problack you dont like, regardless of their beliefs or if they've ever claimed hotep in their life

im pretty sure 90% of the people using the word hotep as an insult dont know what it means

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
the irony is people who would be called hotep call other people they dont like hotep. i see this on twitter and tumblr all the time. tariq stays calling people hoteps and gets called a hotep nikka.

its basically just used as an insult to someone problack you dont like, regardless of their beliefs or if they've ever claimed hotep in their life

im pretty sure 90% of the people using the word hotep as an insult dont know what it means

I feel you fam but being a hotep and being pro black aren't synonymous imo. Just because you read mdu ntr and wear a dashiki with open toe sandals, a turban and a ankh beaded necklace doesn't make you pro black. They're black hippies. A lot of these dudes got a good talk game but they do nothing tangible. They talk about flouride water and fukking pineal glands and shyt. Many are snake oil salesmen who hustle sugar water as herbal medicine and modern day freedom papers (I.e sovereign citizen movement). The shyt that got mos def caught up in Africa.

No lies here.

It started off only referring to psuedo intellectuals but as the term became more popular some c00ns started using it liberrallly to refer to any black person who shows any kind of pride in themselves and their history.
Oh I only seen it used to refer to psuedos. But if it's use as well to insult any black person who enjoy their culture and people then that's a shame.

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
I feel you fam but being a hotep and being pro black aren't synonums imo. Just because you read mdu ntr and wear a dashiki with open toe sandals, a turban and a ankh beaded necklace doesn't make you pro black. They're black hippies. A lot of these dudes got a good talk game but they do nothing tangible. They talk about flouride water and fukking pineal glands and shyt. Many are snake oil salesmen who hustle sugar water as herbal medicine and modern day freedom papers (I.e sovereign citizen movement). The shyt that got mos def caught up in Africa.
that would be fine if thats who the insult was regulated to.
but the word is thrown around at anyone who disagrees with someone on something now.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
it's the quack
and the fact they have to constantly let you know they on that hotep shyt
step left with that fukkery jajajahahahaa

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
From what I see from Hotep twitter, these people are actually embracing pro-blackness and loving themselves.

I love seeing African Americans invest time into finding out about African culture and history and the roots of their own heritage...especially as an African themselves.

I love seeing African Americans invest in Egypt, and from there finding out about other prominent African civilizations.

I love seeing Black people learning to love themselves in general and not being afraid to put themselves out there.

And it seems like any positive pro-black element is now seen as "hotep"/. Why?

Cause white owned Ebony and Bossip told y'all "hotep" is bad?
:mjpls:

How many Hoteps you know got this profile

Went to college ,probably an HBCU, but didn't finish, or has been there too long and should have finished 3 yrs ago

Has a white baby mama, but that was before he saw the light. Now he only dates women with natural hair( they just all happen to be high yella)

Has a CDL, and been saving to by his own truck for about 5 years, hasn't bought it yet but still claims he's a business owner. Forgot to add that he also sells financial products( primerica)