What's wrong with being a "Hotep"?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Its only used as insults on those who deserve it. You don't hear actual people of note being called this as an insult. That should be all y'all need to know about the term but cats on here stay getting obtuse regrading the term all of a sudden.
Lets be honest...alot of these conversations we have on this board arent being had in real life.

Do you really think we could call other black men c00ns and sellouts and have them not come to blows? No. Stop it 5. That aint happening in real life. People come to the coli to vent and share their observations. Alot of the stuff that is said online primarily isnt neccessarily digestible for consumption outside of that format. Mainly people divulge in convos that arent acceptable in the real world amongst a wide variety of audiences. If that makes any sort of sense.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
See, it's just a catch-all term for "black hippies" and "pseudo pro-blacks" and "people that I think are pro-black in the wrong ways", not actual hotep ankh people that follow Egyptology.

I don't fellow mainstream or black twitter bs, generalizing shyt they know nothing about :yeshrug:..

They better come correct in 2017.....

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
See, it's just a catch-all term for "black hippies", "smart dumb nikkas" , and "pseudo pro-blacks" and "people that I think are pro-black in the wrong ways and are misinformed", not actual hotep ankh people that follow Egyptology.
Yeah...thats what I dont like about it. It's becoming a catch all term for anything oertaining to black consciousness.

In the wrong hands that can be used against black people like it already is now. The problem is when other black people use it to attack black people which in terms leads the status quo to think it's an acceptable way to attack black people.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I don't fellow mainstream or black twitter bs, generalizing shyt they know nothing about :yeshrug:..

They better come correct in 2017.....
You're not missing anything other than a bunch of hypocritical self-righteous fluff swamped with hypocrisy with the occasional good point made here and there.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I am on no side but I see a lot of black liberals bashing the fukk out of hoteps lately.
:yeshrug: Black liberals took a big L by Trump winning over Hillary & they are the black folks whining the hardest over Trump on social media. Under Trump, a lot of the stuff that the folks they call hotep like Tariq, Boyce Watkins, Jason Black, & etc talk about become validated. And they're still in denial.

Outside of thecoli, it's black liberals and black feminists -- it's the " woke" people that really have this angst against them.

Hoteps vs "Woke".
Who are the "Woke" people you're referring to? Black feminists fall under the black liberals umbrella.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
:yeshrug: Black liberals took a big L by Trump winning over Hillary & they are the black folks whining the hardest over Trump on social media. Under Trump, a lot of the stuff that the folks they call hotep like Tariq, Boyce Watkins, Jason Black, & etc become validated. And they're still in denial.

Who are the "Woke" people you're referring to? Black feminists fall under the black liberals umbrella.
100% TRUTH!!!!

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Yeah...thats what I dont like about it. It's becoming a catch all term for anything oertaining to black consciousness.

In the wrong hands that can be used against black people like it already is now. The problem is when other black people use it to attack black people which in terms leads the status quo to think it's an acceptable way to attack black people.

I find it extremely unnecessary

And you're right about the way these black in-groups feel the need to attack each other just invites white supremacy to seep in. You see it with black feminists when they start stating so-called statistics that "black men are the no. 2 killers of black women", sounding no different than cacs who like to use such similar rhetoric.

It doesn't matter how "different" your opinons on certain side issues are when it comes to being truly pro-black and being about black liberation.

Black people aren't in a state to be arguing about a million little things.

"Hotep" people and "Woke" are 2 sides of the same coin.

The only difference is that Hoteps appear to be more socially conservative and traditional.

Woke people appear to be socially liberal and have a non-binary attitude about social issues and conservative tradition.

And that appears to be the only strife Woke people have against hoteps, (and agansit traditional pro-blackness in general)

Generally, both these groups of people have similar feelings and guidance on advocating atleast some form of black empowerment and negating white supremacy.

This whole black people being divisive amongst each over trivial intra-identity issues has no place in a truly black empowered future.

Last edited:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Lets be honest...alot of these conversations we have on this board arent being had in real life.

Do you really think we could call other black men c00ns and sellouts and have them not come to blows? No. Stop it 5. That aint happening in real life. People come to the coli to vent and share their observations. Alot of the stuff that is said online primarily isnt neccessarily digestible for consumption outside of that format. Mainly people divulge in convos that arent acceptable in the real world amongst a wide variety of audiences. If that makes any sort of sense.
No stuff buddy so whats your fukking point regarding people being called c00n(moreso) and sellout. I've said that many times that people talk shyt here that wouldn't be tolerated offline but hotep? Please 5 I've heard other cats say that to people and no blows come of it. Cats know who gets called that and only them fugazy nikkas that know they frauds get upset. Like I said before tell me when real deal people not coli posters babbling get called hotep.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
I should make a thread on what the word htp - "hotep" means I.E. linguistically. :ehh::jbhmm:
This seems to be something that exist within a subset of online society. I don't spend much time on twitter & facebook which seems like where this stuff yall talking bout comes from. Other than thecoli and occasional youtube postings I don't talk to people about "black issues". Most African Americans you meet in day to day life don't know what any of this stuff means.:yeshrug: I.E. "Hotep" being in anyway negative is new to me :ehh: Kinda sounds like the way cacs call everything "Afrocentrism" :patrice: when the term "Afrocentricity"(in the dry academic sense of the word) is simply a research methodology having little to do with historical claims and everything to do with how those claims are researched. Yet cacs go the "thug" label rout and group any and everything they dislike concerning discussion of African history under "Afrocentrism":comeon:

fukk it:damn: I'm changing my coli title to "Hotep" just to spite "deez" dudes :lolbron: