What's wrong with being a "Hotep"?

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
I like them ol skool "hoteps" like malcolm, stokley, marcus, fred, h rap (regular names btw)
Shyt got weak after they TOOK dr york away

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
The people the term is targetted at are usually a bunch of a$$holes who don't know how to talk to people outside of their bubble without talking down to them. They also believe a lot of weird shyt. If they were just regular dudes trying to learn more about their ancestry without the quantum time traveling nonsense and condescending attitudes no one would have a problem with them.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
they're too magical for the most part. but i've enjoyed my fair share of hotep gatherings. listening to the drum circles. buying stuff from booths selling lotions, soaps, food, sweets, cheap jewelry, etc. enjoying the company of beautiful dark skinned women :ehh:

Gab

Banned
Supporter
Daps
maybe these fakkit hoteps should learn about west africa instead

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I seen one of my friends who is a "hotep" arguing with some chick on facebook. He says that she's a ho because she has more than 2 kids. His logic is that since a woman has only 2 breasts, she was meant to have 2 children max. I think this is the type of bullshyt people don't like.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
The toxic (Opposite of Hotep) get uncomfortable..
Anyone who hates on Hoteps is the sort of Black person who thinks all Black folks should walk talk and act alike. They are very comfortable living in the negative status white folks love, so when a Hotep comes along they get uncomfortable out of fear of being influenced to be Pro-Black..

Superstar
Daps
they're too magical for the most part. but i've enjoyed my fair share of hotep gatherings. listening to the drum circles. buying stuff from booths selling lotions, soaps, food, sweets, cheap jewelry, etc. enjoying the company of beautiful dark skinned women :ehh:
did u ever say the brand or where u bought that soap u posted a photo of on here

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
As a West African, you should know better @1984 :martin:
I appreciate seeing African Americans attempt to learn about their African roots. I can admit that. The misinformation, sexist, misogyny, homophobia, that's all on those people. That shouldn't be attached to pro-blackness cause being truly pro-black is to embrace all black people whether they should be young old, man, woman, gay, straight, etc.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They're incredibly stupid for once. Annoying pseudo intellectuals who clearly aren't playing with a full deck.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i find happiness in the fact that you can be pseudo intellect and not be a hotep, ignorance knows no boundaries :francis:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Hotep is a self hating term used by so called black feminists to talk shyt about black men who express pro black views. If they don't agree with you, i.e you're against gay marriage they call you a hotep. They're self haters cause it's the term they first resort to when they feel insulted. It's dumb af. They're all over Twitter.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Being "hotep" is not bad... but the people using the hotep image to give out false information is what makes hoteps look bad.

Look at that idiot named Yada... telling black women that having a period is unnatural for them.

If they are using being a hotep to enlighten, spread correct information, and love in the black community I say go for it!

Nothing wrong with people wanting to keep their community informed...

:wtf: