What's wrong with being a "Hotep"?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hotep is a self hating term used by so called black feminists to talk shyt about black men who express pro black views. If they don't agree with you, i.e you're against gay marriage they call you a hotep. They're self haters cause it's the term they first resort to when they feel insulted. It's dumb af. They're all over Twitter.
Tariq is pro black and no one will call him hotep, so stop reaching. You can be pro black and talk about black issues in an intelligent coherent manner without binging up some obscure Egyptian god or how ancient black people were 20ft and descended from the planet Venus

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Tariq is pro black and no one will call him hotep, so stop reaching. You can be pro black and talk about black issues in an intelligent coherent manner without binging up some obscure Egyptian god or how ancient black people were 20ft and descended from the planet Venus
Idk what you're talking about.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Seriously, after seeing some very troubling and very unprofessional behavior from the conscious community and unfortunate infighting within it I see the problems attached to "hotep" and what is now established as the "hotep" community.

That Dr. Umar beef video was one such example.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:dwillhuh: WTF are you talking? Do a Twitter or Google search for "Hotep Tariq"

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
It's amazing how terms like hotep and militant are used as insults.

How can an attempt at being empowered be a bad thing?

Do other groups of people have their own versions of hoteps and militants?
I still like to see black folk improve themselves and I really believe the black community has made some serious strides in the past couple of years really.

Lets be honest.....it was the Obama influence....i feel having a black president really made black people more empowered as far as feeling like true strengthened individuals.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
It's amazing how terms like hotep and militant are used as insults.

How can an attempt at being empowered be a bad thing?

Do other groups of people have their own versions of hoteps and militants?
Its only used as insults on those who deserve it. You don't hear actual people of note being called this as an insult. That should be all y'all need to know about the term but cats on here stay getting obtuse regrading the term all of a sudden.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
Seriously, after seeing some very troubling and very unprofessional behavior from the conscious community and unfortunate infighting within it I see the problems attached to "hotep" and what is now established as the "hotep" community.

That Dr. Umar beef video was one such example.

Umar ain't even hotep.. Pan-africanism

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
The words militant and hotep have become corrupted in a way. This is most likely due to the boisterous and corrupt few who have taken it upon themselves to represent these terms. #HOHoteps lol.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Indeed but for a man representing Pan-Africanism the insults he hurls at fellow black men are just unbecoming. The consicous community should be about enlightenment not about tearing other black people down who are trying to empower the community verbally.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire

See, it's just a catch-all term for "black hippies", "smart dumb nikkas" , and "pseudo pro-blacks" and "people that I think are pro-black in the wrong ways and are misinformed", not actual hotep ankh people that follow Egyptology.