Whats your definition of Christian Nationalism?

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I heard a clip from msnbc panelist where a woman defined Christian nationalism as a person who believed their rights don't come from Congress, Supreme Court. They come from God.

1) do you agree with definition?
2) if so, what's the difference btw a Christian and a Christian nationalist?

I dont consider my a christian nationist but the way its defined, I'm not sure i wouldn't fall in that category. I mean would MLK be a christian nationalist with that definition?

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
1. I don't think her definition was substantive enough, but then again I don't think she was trying to be substantive. It's much more than that.

2. A Christian is a follower of the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth and his disciples. A Christian Nationalist is a person who believes those teachings tell them that Christians need to control government, direct the culture, and resist non-Christian influence.

MLK would not be a Christian Nationalist because he did not believe non-Christians should be excluded from civil rights, nor did he believe that non-Christians had no meaningful role to play in American society (his main strategist was Bayard Rustin, a gay man, and he got the idea of non-violent resistance from Gandhi. )

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's the same group of angry white people that used to call themselves neoconservatives in the 90s. They rebrand themselves every ten years. @valet, unless you fit that demographic you ain't welcome in their club.

Has nothing to do with religion. I think the exact same people called themselves the tea party in the mid 00s. Then maga in the mid 20teens, but they broke off from their more radical redneck brethren to become "Christian nationalists".

I think republicans got think tanks down south whose whole job is to rebrand and think up new names for themselves. Primarily at that fundamentalist wackjob university they have in Pensacola.

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
main-qimg-fd354d1459b7bbdb12099da8e3da2807-lq