Who rapped better overall, Dot or Drake?

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Drake’s writers don’t really waste bars when it comes to punching.

“good kid, m.A.A.d city van, we'll pop the latch and let the door slide
Tears runnin' down my cheek, laughin' at you pussies dyin', it's a war cry”
This was a dope bar for sure, completely off brand for Drizzy which hurts the impact but from a pure battle rap perspective this was nice punch
“Rakim talkin' shyt again
Gassed 'cause you hit my BM first, nikka, do the math, who I was hittin' then?“

- the most personally scathing diss of the whole beef, cuz it ain’t based in no speculation or allegations. And it was said just so matter of fact it was just subtle ether. Out of all the shots Dot & Drake took at the surrounding cast members this shyt was the baddest. Thankfully Kendrick took the limelight off A$AP
Everybody knows Drake and Rhi used to fukk around. Don't think thats a good angle personally, If this was a secrete being revealed like the 2pac line it would have hit but I haven't heard what Rocky said to him so I'm assuming that was a flip on whatever ASAP spit?

I actually think the harder bar was that shyt he said for Ricky

Put a nikka in the bars/ let a nikka rot/ Kinda like your old job nikka//

:mjlol:

Fat fraud caught a disgusting shell

“Smokin' Fenty 'bout it, should've put you on the first one, tryna get it in
Ask Fring if this a good idea the next time you cuddled in that bed again
She'll even tell you leave the boy alone 'fore you get your head split again”

:scust::scust::scust:
That shyt mid... Especially since it's not really anything technical it needs to actually be a punch :mjlol:c'mon my nikka
“Ross callin' me the white boy and the shyt kind of got a ring to it
'Cause all these rappers wavin' white flags while the whole fukkin' club sing to it”
jayz.gif

White Boy/White Flags? mehhh
It wasn’t just the wordplays or entendres, almost every single line was a punch that stuck. It was hot. That 3rd verse had intricate flips as well
Flow was great no doubt about it especially on the 2nd and 3rd verse. That whole second verse reminded me of old Chicago drill. The beat and his flow was like some super sped up RONDONUMBA9 - hang wit me shyt lol...

One of my favorite bars was that..

Your daddy got robbed by top/ you Stunna and Wayne, like father like son//

shyt is hilarious and a great punch... but it's another bar that he took from Kendricks music that people can be like oh he's lying again...he referenced too many things that you can fact check. If you're going to do the allegedly/fabricate game it's gotta be shyt you can't check like the Dave Free angle :mjlol:that was effective
On some rap shyt, Push Ups, euphoria, Family Matters, U Not Like Us, and Heart pt 6 were all fun, hard hitting, rap shyt. All that other shyt shyt was cool but it just didn’t stick
Yeah his shyt wasn't technical enough or diverse enough. It was punches on top of punches but in battle against a dude who's doing it all you can't just punch.. You gotta switch it up at times. Also we gotta talk about the bad bars that he had throught this battle... The shyt like the "big d line" that shyt fukk up good verses... Good effort from his team tho. Fun battle.

Last edited:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps

- the most personally scathing diss of the whole beef, cuz it ain’t based in no speculation or allegations. And it was said just so matter of fact it was just subtle ether. Out of all the shots Dot & Drake took at the surrounding cast members this shyt was the baddest. Thankfully Kendrick took the limelight off A$AP

'Cause all these rappers wavin' white flags while the whole fukkin' club sing to it”

It wasn’t just the wordplays or entendres, almost every single line was a punch that stuck. It was hot. That 3rd verse had intricate flips as well

On some rap shyt, Push Ups, euphoria, Family Matters, U Not Like Us, and Heart pt 6 were all fun, hard hitting, rap shyt. All that other shyt shyt was cool but it just didn’t stick

Not to take away from your breakdown because it's true that Drake had good punchlines and some slick bars, but the latter (being slick) is ironically why Drake's material didn't hit as hard as Kendrick's. Kendrick aired him out in no uncertain terms on every track besides Like That and 6:16. Weirdly, Drake set off the gossip rag shyt on Push Ups (Whitney bar) but didn't take the gloves off enough to really connect in a way that turned public opinion against his opponent. In retrospect that was a huge strategic blunder on his part, he said enough for Kendrick to take the gloves all the way off and record a whole diss EP but not enough to actually tarnish him when obviously that was the intent. He wanted to be slick on some Jay-Z "you know who did you know what" but didn't air him out directly enough to actually trigger the public in general to feel like he roasted him.

As soon as Kendrick realized that Drake was trying to tarnish his reputation he ditched the gloves and went straight for the jugular. Drake's 2nd diss track was clearly bait but it also had no teeth. He pretty much wasted two tracks when, at the end of the day, if he was willing to jump out the window and give Kendrick a real diss track, he should've been ready to destroy him. Otherwise, why did he even bother lol, talking about contract splits and size seven men's was the type of subliminal shots he could've put in a regular ass song and kept it pushing. The Whitney punch was the only "cross the line" level bar he had in the whole song, he never should've telegraphed it as it was meant to be his haymaker.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fam, you didn't understand the assignment.

You forgetting the focus is Kendrick because you got bars directed at Rocky and Ross?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Ghostwriting aside, fake info aside... The noise surrounding the beef is too loud and music discussion is being lost as a result. I completely understand why, not mad at it. But I wanna talk on the actual rapping.

Family Matters is the best I heard Drake rap in a long time but I feel he focused on showing us he can rap with Kendrick and kill these different flows and beat changes... he forgot diss tracks are also about delivery, conviction, hard hitting punches. That's where Kendrick got him beat. Flowing perfect and rapping multis for 6 minutes isn't enough in lyrical war.

He's got a lot of slick lines in there (MJ/Jermaine shyt, ASAP Rocky BM line, Miranda Rights line) but he ain't setting them up to hit hard. Just good flows. 2nd verse in Family Matters is pure fire especially. But Euphoria has everything.

Kendrick is doing a lot more with his voice, internal rhyming, switching flows, being funny/witty, even adlibs all over Euphoria. There's more personality, charisma is what Kendrick presented. His delivery makes his lines hit way harder than Drake's too. Drake just sounds lesser than next to Dot, even if his voice can be off putting at times.

It's ironic, Drake chose a more traditional style of straight rapping bars and multis while Kendrick is charting on some 2 step LA shyt. shyt is like the Twilight Zone. If we can disregard the lies on both sides and analyze all else out there, Kendrick has shown me way more. Drake did well though.

This disqualifies the entire argument.

If you can't write your own lyrics. If you need other people to write your shyt, you shouldn't even be in the discussion.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Bar for bar ?

If by "bars" you mean subs and slick URL scheme type insults then yeah I'd agree Drake did more of that. Otherwise though, in terms of disrespectful crowd-pleaser bars that did direct damage to the opponent, Kendrick did a better job of that w/ everything after Euphoria except 6:16. He also had better response bars on Euphoria than Drake did on The Heart Pt. 6.

"How many more black features til you finally feel that you black enough"

"I even hate when you say the word nikka"

"Dropped cease-and-desist on the "Like That" record? Oh, what, you don't like that record?"

"That's ho shyt I got a son to raise, but I could see you don't know nuthin bout that..."

"Ain't 20v1, this 1v20 if I gotta smack nikkas that write witchu"

"Tryna strike a cord and it's prolly A minor"

"Certified lover boys? Certified pedophiles"

Kendrick's energy matched the level of disrespect, and "Meet the Grahams" created a backstory for the child predator punchlines to hit a lot harder.

You don't need URL type setups in a diss record, you need to obliterate the opponent. Drake's first two records fumbled the assignment and he paid the price :hubie:

Don Snow

All Star
Daps
If by "bars" you mean subs and slick URL scheme type insults then yeah I'd agree Drake did more of that. Otherwise though, in terms of disrespectful crowd-pleaser bars that did direct damage to the opponent, Kendrick did a better job of that w/ everything after Euphoria except 6:16. He also had better response bars on Euphoria than Drake did on The Heart Pt. 6.

"How many more black features til you finally feel that you black enough"

"I even hate when you say the word nikka"

"Dropped cease-and-desist on the "Like That" record? Oh, what, you don't like that record?"

"That's ho shyt I got a son to raise, but I could see you don't know nuthin bout that..."

"Ain't 20v1, this 1v20 if I gotta smack nikkas that write witchu"

"Tryna strike a cord and it's prolly A minor"

"Certified lover boys? Certified pedophiles"

Kendrick's energy matched the level of disrespect, and "Meet the Grahams" created a backstory for the child predator punchlines to hit a lot harder.

You don't need URL type setups in a diss record, you need to obliterate the opponent. Drake's first two records fumbled the assignment and he paid the price :hubie:
Oh ok I get it Kendrick fans don’t care about lyricism

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps

I feel like a lot of ya'll are quoting these cats

I get it, Drake was probably more witty but Kendrick's delivery and material was just more scathing

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Oh ok I get it Kendrick fans don’t care about lyricism

:mjlol:you clearly have no idea who you're talking to but I'll let you cook.

All I'll leave it at is that in a diss record - i.e. not on a battle rap stage - the #1 most important factor is how disrespectful you get. Everything else is in service of that, if the material doesn't cut deep enough and doesn't capture that feeling enough, no one cares if you were more technical from a scheme pov.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
It ain't 20 v 1 / It's a 1 v 20 / If I gotta smack nikkas that write with you//

These are the types of gut punches Drake didn't land enough of. I don't care about no "new tea" that shyt was direct AND verifiable about things that people care about. That size 7 shoe shyt was facts in the sense that Kendrick is a little nikka for sure.... But no one really gives a fukk... that's elementary.

Kendrick in this line shot at his artistic integrity highlighting the difference between the two and also his narrative weaving because he tried to run a play as if he's some lone brave solider taking on the world dolo when we all have seen that he don't write his raps by himself lol....Those are reality check moments that stick.... That's that shyt that just hits more and on more levels lyrically than some hypothetical "I heeeearrrrrd that baby ain't yours" raps lmao

Also how you clowning a nikka for allegedly getting robbed on his deal yet in Family Matters you admit that you got your ass literally robbed of your jewles in the first verse of the song :heh: I'm sorry these are missteps lyrically, why would you even talk about that lol.... Leave that shyt out.... You cant have stupid ass bars like that in your rhymes and then talk about you rapped circles around nikkas and he had several terrible bars like that ... Stop it.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
This was a dope bar for sure, completely off brand for Drizzy which hurts the impact but from a pure battle rap perspective this was nice punch

Everybody knows Drake and Rhi used to fukk around. Don't think thats a good angle personally, If this was a secrete being revealed like the 2pac line it would have hit but I haven't heard what Rocky said to him so I'm assuming that was a flip on whatever ASAP spit?

I actually think the harder bar was that shyt he said for Ricky

Put a nikka in the bars/ let a nikka rot/ Kinda like your old job nikka//

Fat fraud caught a disgusting shell

That shyt mid... Especially since it's not really anything technical it needs to actually be a punch :mjlol:c'mon my nikka

jayz.gif

White Boy/White Flags? mehhh

Flow was great no doubt about it especially on the 2nd and 3rd verse. That whole second verse reminded me of old Chicago drill. The beat and his flow was like some super sped up RONDONUMBA9 - hang wit me shyt lol...

One of my favorite bars was that..

Your daddy got robbed by top/ you Stunna and Wayne, like father like son//

shyt is hilarious and a great punch... but it's another bar that he took from Kendricks music that people can be like oh he's lying again...he referenced too many things that you can fact check. If you're going to do the allegedly/fabricate game it's gotta be shyt you can't check like the Dave Free angle :mjlol:that was effective

Yeah his shyt wasn't technical enough or diverse enough. It was punches on top of punches but in battle against a dude who's doing it all you can't just punch.. You gotta switch it up at times. Also we gotta talk about the bad bars that he had throught this battle... The shyt like the "big d line" that shyt fukk up good verses... Good effort from his team tho. Fun battle.
Agree with all this. And yeah that big D line was crazy:dame:

Family Matters was definitely his best diss in this whole thing, it shyts on Push-Ups elementary ass bars. Push-ups got hyped because he was going at everybody but the new car smell wore out fast. Parts 2 and 3 especially Drake and co. did their thing.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
This disqualifies the entire argument.

If you can't write your own lyrics. If you need other people to write your shyt, you shouldn't even be in the discussion.
Nope… All Kendrick had to say is “I don’t battle rappers who use ghost writers”

That would have deaded this beef and him making 4 songs….

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
"Dear Adonis....."

What do you think Drake was feeling when he heard those first two words? :mjlol:

That's impact from your lyrics ... He went on to do a bunch of other pretty word flips and things as the battle continued but the content/potency of what you're actually saying matters