With Beal & KD on the Books, it's Time to Get this Chip | Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 Season Thread

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
FMY6PAEXwAUTV-B.jpg

Gonna be an exciting year for Suns fans with new ownership and an entirely overhauled roster. Ishbia has stated that he wants the Suns to be a world class sports organization and seems willing to spend whatever it takes to do so
full
Even made it easier to watch local games for the people:blessed:

While I was skeptical of the fit at first, I think the Beal trade will ultimately be the best move for this team. CP3 was one of the league’s worst finishers at the rim last year and rarely ever tried to score inside. Now we have an actual slasher with athleticism in Beal who can also play off ball alongside KD/Book. Most modern championship teams don’t have a traditional point guard so I don’t think we’ll need one either as long as the offense is fast paced with good ball movement from everybody

The role players around them are all 3&D players including a few snipers so they will always have good spacing. Most of these dudes are looking to play well on a high profile team and potentially earn their first big payday next offseason so they’re all gonna play with intensity. A good reason for removing Ayton is that now the whole team is full of focused, competitive players that’re always gonna play with passion and urgency:ohlawd:

They will also undoubtedly be one of the most hated on teams in the league and will make a ton of people salty this year. To all the non-Suns fans who see this, let it be known that Super teams are back and there’s nothing you can do about it. Tell your broke ass team owners to cut the check and make some moves if you truly want to compete
full

Suns in 4 and your goddamn right I want that Milwaukee rematch in the Finals :birdman:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now that Ayton's gone, I just wonder who's going to replace the frustration he caused me.There's always one on every team.I have a feeling it's going to be Nurk:francis:....Don't matter, tho.If the Big 3 stays healthy, I expect nothing less than the WCF's.

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
Now that Ayton's gone, I just wonder who's going to replace the frustration he caused me.There's always one on every team.I have a feeling it's going to be Nurk:francis:....Don't matter, tho.If the Big 3 stays healthy, I expect nothing less than the WCF's.
I’d bet money it will be this injury prone cac
USATSI_21558698-scaled-e1696904174579.jpg

Or this no shooting ass guard/wing
Josh_Okogie_%28cropped%29.jpg

Either way I’ll be here bc my nikka KD :wow:

Invalid_Password

Involved in things I don't know much about
Daps
Reppin
Posters who rarely post...#215 #Philly
I still can't believe they will have the ability to have a trio of Book,KD,Beal on the floor and then at least 2 of them at any given moment.

I wish Ayton would've got his act together as I truly believe that would've been an unstoppable lineup but it is what it is.

I expect Booker to have his most efficient season ever and possibly get a scoring title.
It's gonna be difficult for anybody to match the scoring on a nightly basis.

The bench unit is extremely solid and if Bol has a breakout season (which he is in the perfect scenario to do) then I can't see anyone winning a 7 game series against them.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I still can't believe they will have the ability to have a trio of Book,KD,Beal on the floor and then at least 2 of them at any given moment.

I wish Ayton would've got his act together as I truly believe that would've been an unstoppable lineup but it is what it is.

I expect Booker to have his most efficient season ever and possibly get a scoring title.
It's gonna be difficult for anybody to match the scoring on a nightly basis.

The bench unit is extremely solid and if Bol has a breakout season (which he is in the perfect scenario to do) then I can't see anyone winning a 7 game series against them.
That’s not going to happen so no use in putting faith in it. Multiple teams have said the same thing and it’s yet to happen.

He’s just not a winning player and I say that as someone who thought he was underutilized in Denver.

Invalid_Password

Daps
Reppin
Still don’t know why we traded a healthy Ayton for a oft-injured center. Should’ve gotten a draft pick at least. No matter how less of a heart Ayton had, he stayed healthy and give you 70 games a season. Bad trade man.
I really think it was a basketball iq difference. Also needed someone who isn't gonna whine about not being a focal point or being involved enough.
Nurkic is a pretty decent facilitator and doesn't look goofy dribbling the ball or getting set in the post. I think he can be a viable center for this team.
Durability absolutely is the downfall but I think we're gonna supplement that with a committee.
But I understand your viewpoint. I wasn't thrilled about return initially.
I may be wrong but I thought i read that the Ayton move gives them some flexibility to be players again during the buyout market because they're not in the 2nd tax apron.

Invalid_Password

Daps
Reppin
That’s not going to happen so no use in putting faith in it. Multiple teams have said the same thing and it’s yet to happen.

He’s just not a winning player and I say that as someone who thought he was underutilized in Denver.
Fair enough. Do you think he can be a solid contributor off the bench or you have no hope for him at all?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Still don’t know why we traded a healthy Ayton for a oft-injured center. Should’ve gotten a draft pick at least. No matter how less of a heart Ayton had, he stayed healthy and give you 70 games a season. Bad trade man.

Nurkic is an individual downgrade outside of his rebounding and intangibles, but I do think getting Greyson Allen is gonna be the highlight of that trade in the long run. Another sniper to space the floor that also plays a “hard nosed, blue collar” style defense :mjpls:

As a selfish sports fan I’m willing to embrace this young psychopath and hope he gives the team some edginess:lolbron:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Despite it being a preseason L without the big 3 playing, there was a lot of good to take away from last nights game

-Nurk actually seems like he knows how to get under Joker’s skin and at least be physical enough to bother him a bit. Now I’m not saying he’s a Jockic-stopper, but at the very least he’s not gonna get bytched out in the post like Ayton was. They did play together too so there’s history there.

-Even with all the midrange firepower, this team will take considerably more threes and get to the line a lot more. The offense feels like it’s capable of a much more balanced attack whereas last year we felt like a soft jump shooting team
-Bol Bol showed some flashes and played well off the bench (despite that botched behind the back pass:skip:). I doubt he will start or be a key playoff rotation player, but he’s a great wildcard to use with the bench lineup. Seeing him snag some of those rebounds and contest shots was actually pretty crazy to see with his wingspan. Hopefully phoenix can be the team where he finally puts it together mentally.

- While Okogie appears to be set in the starting 5 for now, Greyson Allen and Yuta have been getting the most minutes so far and I could see either of them starting

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:mjtf:

How you have Booker, KD and Beal and drop this thread with such a basic ass title?

:hhh:

Do better

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:mjtf:

How you have Booker, KD and Beal and drop this thread with such a basic ass title?

:hhh:

Do better

Breh if you wanna come up with some “With Beal and the Servant on the Books, it’s Time for the Suns to Rise in the West” shyt then be my guest. It’s preseason we all just warming up:unimpressed:

Daps
Breh if you wanna come up with some “With Beal and the Servant on the Books, it’s Time for the Suns to Rise in the West” shyt then be my guest. It’s preseason we all just warming up:unimpressed:
What about
“Nothing matters if we have to face Luka in the offs again 2023 24 suns thread”