Women Are Now 42% Of U.S. Breadwinners — But Also 'Underestimate The Costs Of Motherhood'

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Which is why more men aren't in their children's lives. If they aren't contributing in the way society has told them correlates to being man, then they don't contribute at all. Can't make enough money to support the family on your own and can't stay home with the kids either :heh: Never mind women work and parent on the regular, with minimal help from fathers who think like you.

I don’t think it has to be either or other. You can work and still be strong participants in your kids lives.

The assertion that being a stay at home spouse doesn’t qualify as “work” is truly baffling. Not going to drag on, but those who have been stay at home spouses know the work it entails (cooking cleaning shopping yard work maintenance scheduling doctors appointments car repair managing finances and investments) and that’s before factoring in children(childcare alone can be thousands a month). Please don’t diminish all that goes into it—it’s highly insulting.

Maybe some basic simple minded woman wouldn’t appreciate a stay at home dad but a woman who is truly a good wife and partner will.

Also, I do understand that men have a natural desire to provide and be perceived as being providers, similar to how women have a natural desire to stay home with infants/small children, but ultimately we all need to do what we have to, whether that be working outside of the home or caring for family.

I’ll apologize for the bolded. I agree 100 percent that being a stay at home parent is very tough work. That being said, I just feel women are more natural nurturers so IF POSSIBLE, I believe the women should spend more time at home ( if doable).

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
@IbucciMane! Have you ever thought about being a garbage man? You'll get fresh air, build comraderie with your fellow garbagemen, get exercise, and make enough money to level up. Its a good trade for nikkas with imaginary problems like anxiety. Be constructive and dont waste your 20s young man.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think it has to be either or other. You can work and still be strong participants in your kids lives.

I’ll apologize for the bolded. I agree 100 percent that being a stay at home parent is very tough work. That being said, I just feel women are more natural nurturers so IF POSSIBLE, I believe the women should spend more time at home ( if doable).

But working may not be the man's best contribution in every situation. Maybe his time is better for what the family needs altogether, especially if the job isn't stable. Also, just because a man starts off staying home or making less, doesn't mean that's the permanent dynamic.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
The assertion that being a stay at home spouse doesn’t qualify as “work” is truly baffling. Not going to drag on, but those who have been stay at home spouses know the work it entails (cooking cleaning shopping yard work maintenance scheduling doctors appointments car repair managing finances and investments) and that’s before factoring in children(childcare alone can be thousands a month). Please don’t diminish all that goes into it—it’s highly insulting.

Maybe some basic simple minded woman wouldn’t appreciate a stay at home dad but a woman who is truly a good wife and partner will.

Also, I do understand that men have a natural desire to provide and be perceived as being providers, similar to how women have a natural desire to stay home with infants/small children, but ultimately we all need to do what we have to, whether that be working outside of the home or caring for family.

The main people saying this are the feminists that have been railing against traditional female roles for the last 80 years. Sadly many black women are following these white feminists to a path of destruction.

Motherhood has always been considered EXTREMELY important in African households since the beginning of time.

devizelle

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MOCO awl day
You can tell who's mature and who's not by the words that outta their mouth, this is a good reply... thank you

@AddictedToHoes these south florida dusty bytches trying to land a doctor or lawyer are in for a treat.

I was broke for years and always the ain't shyt nikkas and bytches would shyt on me but the ones who actually were mature minded would say "at least he's trying"

You can tell a person's mentality and the level their at mentality....

I told myself when I get rid I'm not rewarding no bum bytch, regardless or age or what people expect... fukk them.

True that.

I agree that women may be "natural nurturers" but as parents you gotta do what you gotta do for your family. If that means learning how to nurture then :yeshrug:

It's a skill like everything else.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is pure nonsense. Most women won't respect a stay at home dad, don't care how many left wing blogs you've read.
This. Sad truth, but the Coli brehettes usually talk like unicorns. In real life, earning less and being the bread server and not the bread winner leads to emasculation. That first argument when she talks down on your manhood :francis:and you can't do shyt cause it's her money. Or the other spectrum where you share that girl.

Reality is men should find ways to make time to take care of duties to share the load with their woman...but if at any point he finds himself as the dependent, even if he does not mind, she eventually will if she already doesn't.

That first time she says "you ain't shyt":letyasoulglow:

"I make the money so I run this":letyasoulglow:

Rather be single than willingly get into that shyt. A man with no upper hand is one argument away from being told he is a bytch by his woman.