how good was joe calzaghe?

Daps
Reppin
NULL

typical response from somebody who doesn't know shyt about boxing

this is exactly why Floyd is the last great african american fighter and the sport is now dominated by eastern europeans, why nikkaz on worldstar on everybody getting beat down by nerdy cacs, and why Anderson Silva got KO'd by Weidman trying to be Roy Jones

Jones was far from perfect and also faced a lack of competition, Johnson and Tarver would've gave roy tough fights at any given time in this career

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Your place in this sport is defined by the quality of your opposition...

Records mean absolutely nothing in boxing because you can easily pad them with weed carriers and construction workers (yea I'm talking about you LSC :pacspit:)...

Calzaghe was an exceptional boxer, with solid technique, very good at making adjustments and a high workrate but unfortunately history will only remember him as a notorious can crusher who never took on a real challenge...His biggest fights were against a KO'd 3 times in his last 5 fights RJJ, Jeff never been shyt Lacy and BHop...BHop was a good win imo regardless of the fact he was old...BHop was schooling cats half his age back then...

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
typical response from somebody who doesn't know shyt about boxing

this is exactly why Floyd is the last great african american fighter and the sport is now dominated by eastern europeans, why nikkaz on worldstar on everybody getting beat down by nerdy cacs, and why Anderson Silva got KO'd by Weidman trying to be Roy Jones

Jones was far from perfect and also faced a lack of competition, Johnson and Tarver would've gave roy tough fights at any given time in this career

Roy cleaned out his division..punked Bernard, Toney, Hill, and had Darius Michael-whatever the fukk his name was on the run, and this idiot was ducking him for YEARS and YEARS. People were looking forward to Trinidad CRUSHING Hopkins to move up to fight Jones for a $100 million mega fight. That's what the streets wanted in 2001. Joe Calzaghe is a complete nobody who beat old fighers...is Rocky Marciano actually better than Joe Louis because he beat him when he was a old man? Get the fukk outta here with that clown shyt..you're a fukking idiot. Get your mind right and learn how to make sense. You were just a little kid back then..you don't know what the fukk you're talking about on any level.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Roy cleaned out his division..punked Bernard, Toney, Hill, and had Darius Michael-whatever the fukk his name was on the run, and this idiot was ducking him for YEARS and YEARS. People were looking forward to Trinidad CRUSHING Hopkins to move up to fight Jones for a $100 million mega fight. That's what the streets wanted in 2001. Joe Calzaghe is a complete nobody who beat old fighers...is Rocky Marciano actually better than Joe Louis because he beat him when he was a old man? Get the fukk outta here with that clown shyt..you're a fukking idiot. Get your mind right and learn how to make sense. You were just a little kid back then..you don't know what the fukk you're talking about on any level.

Joe Calzaghe isn't a Rocky Marciano, you just looking at records like a novice, I look at tape, Calzaghe is actually skilled and Rocky marciano is not

What does Roy Jones fights against other opponents have to do with him fighting Calzaghe, you obviously don't know shyt about boxing, because that means nothing

Everybody knew Trinidad had no chance against hopkins, everybody knew Trinidad was too small to fight roy jones man

Who cares if Joe Calzgahe was a nobody, he didn't win a world supermiddleweight title until 1997 and Jones was already light heavyweight champion

Roy jones fought toney in 1994, James Toney lost to montell griffin twice, stop overrating this nikka,

Like I said I would pick roy in the fight, simple because he was too big and fast for calzaghe in the 90's, it would be good fight, unlike the rubbish you are spouting

calzaghe only 3 years younger than roy, him being hesitate of the fight because there was a possibility of him losing doesn't change what he can do in the ring

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Jones was far from perfect

-The RING'S WOAT

Here's what Calzaghe has to say on the matter

“I’m a big Roy Jones fan and to be honest, he’s the only guy in the world that I really don’t want to fight. He seems to be the perfect fighter and you just can’t hit the guy. Look at what Jones did to Richard Hall who then fights Dariuz Michaelczweski and bashes him up for 11 rounds. I like to watch Jones fight and see his moves. He carries an aura that he takes into the ring with him. It’s 100 percent confidence and he knows he’s going to win. You can tell that he doesn’t take his talent for granted though because he obviously trains very hard and keeps in tremendous shape.”

:sas2:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Based on how slow and easy is to drop Joe Calzaghe by an ancient Hopkins:laugh: He wouldn't even hit Roy in 2000...WTF is wrong with you. You're taking your silly trolling gimmick too far, kiddo.

It was a flash KD both times and then he made adjustments do you know anything about boxing
also Calzaghe was old too, you acting like he was 29 fighting or something

He beat Roy up, even though Roy got KO'd but less than steller guys it was always one shot, nobody ever beat him up except for Calzaghe he embarrassed his ass period, if Roy was that far gone he never should've got in the ring because he made an ass of himself

Hopkins at 50 against Kovalev, who's killed two men in the ring didn't take much of a beating as jones did to Calzaghe

Roy's defense isn't great at all

Roy got touched more times think you people think, he could over power most of his opponents but calzaghe is good at using angles and adjustments, he wouldn't just steam roll him like he did Griffen in the rematch, you don't know what you are talking about

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
He didn't fight Roy in his prime..I don't respect him on that level.
I don't count that loss for roy, he was way passed it... I do count the Hopkins one.