Top 10 Highest Income Majority/Near-Majority Black Counties

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
only 2 of those counties are ok.

Nothing impressive about 50-68K for a county.

It seems that you are more impressed about the list than the actual numbers.

Those numbers for outer counties of GA, adjusted for cost of living in the South, are not too far off of the PG/Charles numbers.

MIT has a living wage calculator. In Charles County & PG County for a household of 2 adults and 1 kid with one working adult the living wage is $80k.

In Henry County & Rockdale County, GA the same number is $73k.

So while PG makes $85k and Henry/Rockdale are only the mid $60ks,they are both around the standard of living for their areas though the DMV counties are obviously more comfortable.

The bottom five are definitely struggling more but knowing many of those areas you have a mix of affluent pockets and really poor/working class ones in the same county.

That's not a lot of money in those areas. 100k near DC with a 2000$ plus mortgage/rent and car payment, you're damn near struggling.

:snoop:

Remember, 50% of families make above the median so while most struggle a large percentage should be doing well.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I’m in Henry County and I’m well above that. I can’t believe Dekalb County is up there. Decatur nikkas run Georgia, we don’t get enough credit.

I'm a Decatur breh too but to be fair, DeKalb been falling in the rankings for about 20 years. I wouldn't be shocked if somewhere like Durham, NC and pushes them out the top 10 in the next decade.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Those numbers for outer counties of GA, adjusted for cost of living in the South, are not too far off of the PG/Charles numbers.

MIT has a living wage calculator. In Charles County & PG County for a household of 2 adults and 1 kid with one working adult the living wage is $80k.

In Henry County & Rockdale County, GA the same number is $73k.

So while PG makes $85k and Henry/Rockdale are only the mid $60ks,they are both around the standard of living for their areas though the DMV counties are obviously more comfortable.

The bottom five are definitely struggling more but knowing many of those areas you have a mix of affluent pockets and really poor/working class ones in the same county.

Remember, 50% of families make above the median so while most struggle a large percentage should be doing well.
Yea I feel you, but where I’m at in life now I tend to be attracted to counties that have numbers starting with the top 2 of the list.

Couldn’t imagine myself moving to a county with 50K media salary. I imagine that county has hoods in it despite the other half doing well.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
also is there a way to know for a fact if the black folks in these communities are the ones part of the higher than median number?

I hope it’s not the cacs in these areas that dominate the majority of the high salaries in the community

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
only 2 of those counties are ok.

Nothing impressive about 50-68K for a county.

It seems that you are more impressed about the list than the actual numbers.

Yea I feel you, but where I’m at in life now I tend to be attracted to counties that have numbers starting with the top 2 of the list.

Couldn’t imagine myself moving to a county with 50K media salary. I imagine that county has hoods in it despite the other half doing well.

You’re a bum. Making over 68K ain’t a flex

Yea bruh none of these numbers are a lot of money except the top 2 but then again you live there so are top 2 good numbers?

also is there a way to know for a fact if the black folks in these communities are the ones part of the higher than median number?

I hope it’s not the cacs in these areas that dominate the majority of the high salaries in the community
What's this guy's problem

Why does a thread about nice black areas have a few people desperately trying to start conflict and arguments?

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
That's not a lot of money in those areas. 100k near DC with a 2000$ plus mortgage/rent and car payment, you're damn near struggling.

:snoop:
no you're not lol. Unless you're supporting a family or living above your means, 100k in PG or Charles is perfectly fine. If you're married and the other person makes at least $30k that's a 130k household, which is perfectly manageable.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

For Charles and Prince George's see:

however for Charles, keep in mind that population growth is almost exclusively nonwhite, and driven by 200k household income black families.

I can't speak for the Atlanta suburbs or Virginia but I imagine the GA counties are similar to the MD counties.