Google says iMessage & its blue message bubbles leads to peer pressure & bullying

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I have an iPhone but Yo look at how some of y’all are posting :laff:. Do you know how dumb green text/blue text wars sound? People discriminating on what type of $800 phone you have. shyt sounds dumb as hell:laff:

:mjlol: This thread got me dying.

Like seriously this is some typical first world bullshyt. Who the fukk cares what colour the bubbles are.

It's a holdover from the days when owning an iPhone was seen as some sort of "status symbol". Sure, the premium ceiling has always been higher with Android but it also included a good number of budget phones as well. At this point though it shouldn't be a thing but Apple isn't playing nice with RCS for obvious reasons. Same situation with PlayStation not allowing cross-play with Xbox. I don't care what fukking phone someone is using but messaging within iMessage is more robust than doing so with someone on Android. Doesn't have to be that way though.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my sister was the person with a google pixel for like 4 years fukking up all our group chats in the fam. she finally switched back early last year :blessed:

:ohlawd:Won’t he do it!?!?

Been trying to get my mom to make the switch, but she still all “I don’t need nothing that fancy”. You do, ma’am!

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
:mjlol: This thread got me dying.

Like seriously this is some typical first world bullshyt. Who the fukk cares what colour the bubbles are.
People in group chats and teens apparently. 87% of teens in the U.S. own an iphone and they're leaving teens who don't own an iphone out of group chats etc., ontop of bullying them because of their device. Next upgrade cycle, those same teens are gonna tell their parents they want an iphone. And once they're in, apple has them forever pretty much.

From a marketing perspective it's brilliant, but I'm not sure how I feel about this as this pretty much makes apple and iOS the default or standard going forward with no real competition to stop them. That's too much power for a single company.

However, I find it hilarious that google is complaining about this after having multiple opportunities to come up with a messaging standard for android but kept dropping the ball. Now they wanna virtue signal like that's gonna incentivize people to settle for a sub-par experience.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a holdover from the days when owning an iPhone was seen as some sort of "status symbol". Sure, the premium ceiling has always been higher with Android but it also included a good number of budget phones as well. At this point though it shouldn't be a thing but Apple isn't playing nice with RCS for obvious reasons. Same situation with PlayStation not allowing cross-play with Xbox. I don't care what fukking phone someone is using but messaging within iMessage is more robust than doing so with someone on Android. Doesn't have to be that way though.

It's an issue with people and the entitlement they attach themselves with products. Look at the shyt between the unvaccinated vs vaccinated. There could be bullying in that scenario as well.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Young people and women. I didnt believe it either but when i switched to iPhone damn near every woman im cool with made a comment about the bubble color the next time we chatted. They were straight up happy that i had a blue bubble. Folks will leave you out of group chats if you have an android.
It’s kinda what they deserve. You have more options with an all iPhone group chat, like leaving the group lmao!!

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
:russell:iphone users flex text bubbles. I flex versatility and multi tasking. Ppl on iphone cant do shyt while on the phone !!! I remeber my ex used to be all like lemme hang up and look at the pic then call you back. I was like bih you gotta hang up to look at pics ??
Nah idk what bullshyt she got going. Definitely can get pics while talking. That’s more to do with the phone carrier. Att don’t have them issues

This only effects women. They the only ones who care about this gay ass shyt.
nah it’s been about 100 threads on this forum alone made by android users talking bout bytches don’t fukk with green bubble nikkaz lol. It definitely fukks with them

Us #androidset don't care bout this shyt
:francis: Y’all gang leader asking for a piece treaty brother. They care for sure :wow:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I get what you are saying. An iPhone status symbol part was silly because that shyt ended once it stopped being exclusive to AT&T around 2011. I don’t think iMessage was even a thing then:laff:

All it screams to me is how easily the general public can be manipulated. People really hating on the bubble color of your text message. Oh my god:laff: