Google says iMessage & its blue message bubbles leads to peer pressure & bullying

Daps
It’s true though.

It’s like sitting in a restaurant and some homeless smelly dude with holes in his shirt sits down in the booth next to you. He talking to himself and shyt. Clearly mentally unwell. Now compare that to a well dressed businessman in a suit sitting next to your booth. You would feel much more comfortable staying and finishing your meal with the latter right? That’s green vs blue text in a nutshell.
:dead::dead::dead:

He gets it :salute:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
iMessage simply allows you to send messages without relying on cellular service. There are apps for that.

At least #appleset can FaceTime android users now :manny:
Pretty much. Don’t even need to have cell service to text. Just need internet. During a rough patch I went a couple months without a phone plan cause I had the net at home and work

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s true though.

It’s like sitting in a restaurant and some homeless smelly dude with holes in his shirt sits down in the booth next to you. He talking to himself and shyt. Clearly mentally unwell. Now compare that to a well dressed businessman in a suit sitting next to your booth. You would feel much more comfortable staying and finishing your meal with the latter right? That’s green vs blue text in a nutshell.

This has got to be one of the silliest metaphors I’ve ever read here:russ:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I get what you are saying. An iPhone status symbol part was silly because that shyt ended once it stopped being exclusive to AT&T around 2011. I don’t think iMessage was even a thing then:laff:

All it screams to me is how easily the general public can be manipulated. People really hating on the bubble color of your text message. Oh my god:laff:
Nah has actual benefits to having a iPhone in group messaging. It totally recks group messages. fukks it all up

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
People in group chats and teens apparently. 87% of teens in the U.S. own an iphone and they're leaving teens who don't own an iphone out of group chats etc., ontop of bullying them because of their device. Next upgrade cycle, those same teens are gonna tell their parents they want an iphone. And once they're in, apple has them forever pretty much.

From a marketing perspective it's brilliant, but I'm not sure how I feel about this as this pretty much makes apple and iOS the default or standard going forward with no real competition to stop them. That's too much power for a single company.

However, I find it hilarious that google is complaining about this after having multiple opportunities to come up with a messaging standard for android but kept dropping the ball. Now they wanna virtue signal like that's gonna incentivize people to settle for a sub-par experience.
peer pressure always existed. learning to navigate it is a part of life.

people are too soft :yeshrug:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Man what a coincidence i was so high last night I could see down Lisa Leslie shirt
But I was thinking apple got big off of this

Right? Go against the grain, be different, be unique.
They dropped these
gettyimages-51096653.jpg

imac_gallery_02.jpg

But they were always in 2nd place.

But then they dropped this
images

And while all the other phones were flipping and sliding and keyboarding and stylus'n all Apple did was continue this
compare-iphone-models-1999430-fa46e9f541e642dabdad32dfcfa52c1f.png

And they've gotten more and more "exclusive" with their non compatible ecosystem. And now they took over the world by being the exact opposite of what they started going out as.

It's like they conformed themselves all over a buck. Lived long enough to become what you hate :wow:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nah has actual benefits to having a iPhone in group messaging. It totally recks group messages. fukks it all up
what's are the benefits and how is it totally destroying your chats to have a different color text. you not saying anything just wrecks fukks it up... how? because the color different :skip:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
It's an issue with people and the entitlement they attach themselves with products. Look at the shyt between the unvaccinated vs vaccinated. There could be bullying in that scenario as well.
Yea, people are weirdly tribal about the dumbest shyt lol. Some of it's just human nature. But there is a functional difference between iMessage and Android now. Pics compress differently when sending between the two. Like I'll use coli emjois and they show up all blown up and pixelated if I send it to someone without iMessage:picard:. Read receipts, group messaging and multimedia links are just some of the features being hamstrung by having different standards. But again it doesn't have to be like that, it's completely on Apple to play nice at this point.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Breh I have an iPhone and I’m in an active group chat with iPhone and Android users. We make jokes about it but it’s not serious. The green bubbles and them sending images isn’t really a big deal. We deal with it because we want to chat together.

People getting out of shape talking about “you can’t sit with us” just because they have a $800 phone made by Samsung instead of Apple. People making relationship decisions off of a text bubble color. It’s absurd.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
It’s true though.

:laff:
I wouldn't compare android users to a homeless schizo though