IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The good thing about scripting is that it is easy enough for a perso n who doesn't know about programming to write something up. But its also one of the worse things. I think the only scripting that people with limited development knowledge should do are sql queries/extracts.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
The good thing about scripting is that it is easy enough for a perso n who doesn't know about programming to write something up. But its also one of the worse things. I think the only scripting that people with limited development knowledge should do are sql queries/extracts.

What if you're an administrator and you get a request to add 19 groups as local admin to 800 servers globally?

Or if you're in security and your asked to run a report showing the last time all users in finance logged into AD and how long ago their passwords changed by an auditor?

What you gonna do then breh :mjpls:?

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
What if you're an administrator and you get a request to add 19 groups as local admin to 800 servers globally?

Or if you're in security and your asked to run a report showing the last time all users in finance logged into AD and how long ago their passwords changed by an auditor?

What you gonna do then breh :mjpls:?
How limited is an admin's knowledge and how complex are those scripts?

I've only worked on the dev side of things, but I would think that anybody working in the software/hardware side would have more than just limited knowledge on how scripting works. I'm speakin more on the non-IT side of the business, like QA and BA. I know from time to time some of them might need to run a query or two.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a Support Analyst making almost 70k. At my company in6 years I'll be at under 90k. I need my head examined for :eat: ?????? :what:

:manny:

I bet you couldn't leave that support job and make anywhere close to that same amount anyplace else. Tech Support jobs generally have the highest turnover rate in the IT Department and are the most expendable during downturns. And you'll most likely stay busy fixing the same shyt over and over again.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Feel so left behind in here. A+ on nov.26th, nothing else matters til i get that.

"I Need That Money, Gimme That Money!!" - :myman:

FastEddie215

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Feel so left behind in here. A+ on nov.26th, nothing else matters til i get that.

"I Need That Money, Gimme That Money!!" - :myman:

breh I passed both 220-701 and 220-702 A+ exams in under 20minutes last month...if you study the material you should have no worries passing this test, it is simply that easy

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
breh I passed both 220-701 and 220-702 A+ exams in under 20minutes last month...if you study the material you should have no worries passing this test, it is simply that easy

Preciate it, what cert you went/going for after that?

FastEddie215

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Preciate it, what cert you went/going for after that?

from what Bdizzle and a few others recommended me to do I will go for either the MCITP or CCNA next, i will make a decision on that soon in the next few days. Right now im just trying to find a job with this A+ cert

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
you enjoy tellin nikkas to restart their shyt :comeon:

Actually I do. :takedat: Easiest bread ever. Hey I don't work to brag about how much I know, and i definitely don't go try and find different ways to pull my hair out at work, just because. If I choose to go into more of a network or infra role so be it. But you can eat well at the desktop level (70-85k)...at the right company. Knowledge and growth is inevitable if you're not a lazy non-wanting to learn anything type of person :snoop:. But don't knock the hustle if client services (desktop) is good enough for some people. At the right corporate office you can still eat GOOD. :yeshrug:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I know there have been some mention of security and whatnot on this board, but has it been from an it admin role, or are any of you actually specialized in it security? If you are, do any of you guys keep up with IT Security news or go to any of those black hat conferences?