IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I don't even do help desk shyt no more. Right now i work with people that claim the system locks them out and they have the correct password :why:

I get that crap some days too when there's nothing going on.

...I'm just like :mindblown:

Then my boss and I :laff:at them before we just reset their pw and they have to change it again.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I get that crap some days too when there's nothing going on.

...I'm just like :mindblown:

Then my boss and I :laff:at them before we just reset their pw and they have to change it again.

I work for statefarm for internet support now and their customer base is 60% 50-90 year old's forgetting their passwords and shyt. Bad part about it sf is marketing the online shyt so hard :why:

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I work for statefarm for internet support now and their customer base is 60% 50-90 year old's forgetting their passwords and shyt. Bad part about it sf is marketing the online shyt so hard :why:

Oh man, I deal with actual employees within my company that forget their passwords.. you got stuck with them shytboomers, I feel for you breh.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Hey I didn't say it was the most challenging, but it could be worse :ehh:

No it couldn't breh. I wanted to kill myself when I was doing help desk.

Me: IT help desk can I help you
Him: Yeah my God damn computer isn't working. I don't know why you guys keep messing with stuff
Me: Sir what exactly is wrong with your machine? :what:
Him: I don't know but someone needs to come down here and fix it, I'm tired of you guys not doing your jobs right.
Me: Sir I need to know what's what's wrong so I can create a ticket...
Him: THE GOD DAMN SCREEN IS BLANK. NO MATTER WHAT I DO MY COMPUTER WON'T WORK!!!!
Me: Sir have you tri......
Him: I HAVE A DAMN MEETING IN 50 MINUTES, THIS IS FRIGGIN UNACCEPTABLE :damn:
Me: Sir can you check to see if there's a green light on your tower?
Him: What's a tower? :skip:
Me: It's the thing you keyboard and mouse is plugged into. :snoop:
Him: No I don't see a green light. :ld:
Me: Can you hit the power button and see if anything happens :upsetfavre:
Him:
Me:
Him: :merchant:
Me:
Him: Well it seems to be working now, thanks for your help :ohhh:
Me: :deadrose:

And I ain't even make that shyt up breh. Like I said, I wanted to commit that

FastEddie215

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Philly
any tips you guys have that I can use to put on my resume in order to get employers attention? i know many of you said the hardest part is getting your foot in the door but there has to be a way to speed this process up

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
any tips you guys have that I can use to put on my resume in order to get employers attention? i know many of you said the hardest part is getting your foot in the door but there has to be a way to speed this process up

Outside of having a connect, there's no easy way breh. Just keep submitting your resume and trying to focus on the next set of certs.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You've never worked help desk have you :leostare:

It's soul crushing :to:

You get used to it. :manny:

I mean you almost have to work on the help desk for a while, nobody is going to let someone with no experience into the server room. But I want to know whose help desk pays 70k. :merchant:

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
No it couldn't breh. I wanted to kill myself when I was doing help desk.

Me: IT help desk can I help you
Him: Yeah my God damn computer isn't working. I don't know why you guys keep messing with stuff
Me: Sir what exactly is wrong with your machine? :what:
Him: I don't know but someone needs to come down here and fix it, I'm tired of you guys not doing your jobs right.
Me: Sir I need to know what's what's wrong so I can create a ticket...
Him: THE GOD DAMN SCREEN IS BLANK. NO MATTER WHAT I DO MY COMPUTER WON'T WORK!!!!
Me: Sir have you tri......
Him: I HAVE A DAMN MEETING IN 50 MINUTES, THIS IS FRIGGIN UNACCEPTABLE
Me: Sir can you check to see if there's a green light on your tower?
Him: What's a tower? :skip:
Me: It's the thing you keyboard and mouse is plugged into. :snoop:
Him: No I don't see a green light.
Me: Can you hit the power button and see if anything happens :upsetfavre:
Him:
Me:
Him: :merchant:
Me:
Him: Well it seems to be working now, thanks for your help :ohhh:
Me: :deadrose:

And I ain't even make that shyt up breh. Like I said, I wanted to commit that

:russ:

At my last job I had a guy ask me "When are we getting Windows 7 for my iPad?" :wtf: No joke! Now at this gig I have access to AD, Exchange, and some servers (file/print etc.) It's not just desktop and it's not network...it's a little of both. Not to mention they're going to pay for me to go here Microsoft MCTS Windows 7 Certification Boot Camp at Global Knowledge. Like I said at the right company you can not only eat you can learn, and take advantage of PAID training :win:

Then move on from there however you please.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:russ:

At my last job I had a guy ask me "When are we getting Windows 7 for my iPad?" :wtf: No joke! Now at this gig I have access to AD, Exchange, and some servers (file/print etc.) It's not just desktop and it's not network...it's a little of both. Not to mention they're going to pay for me to go here Microsoft MCTS Windows 7 Certification Boot Camp at Global Knowledge. Like I said at the right company you can not only eat you can learn, and take advantage of PAID training :win:

Then move on from there however you please.

Be careful breh. Some companies require you to either pay that bread back or sign a contract that you'll stay for a # of years if you accept the training. My job said for them to pay for my CCIE Security, it'd require an 18 month commitment. I was like :childplease:

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
You get used to it. :manny:

I mean you almost have to work on the help desk for a while, nobody is going to let someone with no experience into the server room. But I want to know whose help desk pays 70k. :merchant:

Support Analyst. Not Helpdesk, but not too far from it. :manny: