it's impossible for Infinity Wars to be as good as Black Panther

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I don't think there's as much interest in Infinity War as Black Panther. We'll see but the numbers Black Panther is putting up will be hard for Infinity War to beat. But that's also because it's two different things that aren't entirely comparable. Black Panther is a movie we been waiting to see for years and years. I don't know if Infinity War will touch the same feelins and garner to same emotional responses for repeat viewings. IW will make tons and tons of money and it's a great story arc from the comics. I have faith in the Russos to deliver. But Black Panther is a once in a lifetime thing..
IW is also a once in a lifetime thing. A 19 movie story arc with 20 + protagonists from various films has never been done. And we don't even know what happens in the story yet. Plus it has a part II.
As much as BP is killing right now, I have no doubt this will do even better.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Im cool with Hawkeye but imagine Thanos hitting his ass with full power.

Overkill wouldn't even describe it. :wow:

That action alone would have the entire team shook. :merchant:

He just used 100% of his power on a fukkin robin hood breh with no powers. :skip:

That's why i'm betting Spiderman or Hawkeye die to set the tone.

THAT VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER. I HOPE IT HAPPENS SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

Code

Banned
Daps
I don't think there's as much interest in Infinity War as Black Panther. We'll see but the numbers Black Panther is putting up will be hard for Infinity War to beat. But that's also because it's two different things that aren't entirely comparable. Black Panther is a movie we been waiting to see for years and years. I don't know if Infinity War will touch the same feelins and garner to same emotional responses for repeat viewings. IW will make tons and tons of money and it's a great story arc from the comics. I have faith in the Russos to deliver. But Black Panther is a once in a lifetime thing..

Thats not even debatable lmao, BP DOUBLED black attendance, people who dont even watch movies showed up for it...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
JWsj8Ko.png

:dead:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Thats not even debatable lmao, BP DOUBLED black attendance, people who dont even watch movies showed up for it...
Yeah. Marvel has created a massive interest and demand in the BP franchise now. People are hungry to see more. So a great deal of those same moviegoers will show up to see Infinity War since T'Challa and Wakanda play a major role in IW...ON TOP of a fanbase that has shelled out billions to see the previous 19 films. Now combine those two consumer groups. That eclipses any previous Marvel film..to include BP.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Thats cool that people know IW will make more than BP...but the thread is about if IW will be a better film, not make more money (it clearly will):yeshrug:

Code

Banned
Daps
Yeah. Marvel has created a massive interest and demand in the BP franchise now. People are hungry to see more. So a great deal of those same moviegoers will show up to see Infinity War since T'Challa and Wakanda play a major role in IW...ON TOP of a fanbase that has shelled out billions to see the previous 19 films. Now combine those two consumer groups. That eclipses any previous Marvel film..to include BP.

Nothing about Infinity war will bring Old people, superhero haters, non-movie watchers to the theaters like Black Panther just did

Seriously underestimating what just happened tbh

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yup, BP's success has only helped raised the profile of IW even more considering prominent characters from BP is in IW.

This is just another coli reactionary thread.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hardly think it'll be a buzz around IW. Like who even cares about that after the behemoth of BP that just dropped? Marvel needs to just hurry up with BP 2, 3, homecoming and a prequel and leave those other inferior cac fest marvel films for another day. /sarcasm