New York artists and rappers are nothing but haters when it comes to the south.

Jemmy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly no one from NY hates southern rappers just cause they from the South. I'm pretty sure we have Jeezy, Wayne, TI and other dope cats their props. It's just the rap we use to involves dope lyrics, flow and punchlines. Which many of the southern rappers lack that's not hate that's just facts. Even Kevin Gates said it his favorite rappers are from NY cause he feels southern rappers put out a negative stereotype when it comes to the bars.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Early 90s NY dudes hated on anything not NY

But for the most part up North always rocked with Southern Artist.

It's part of the reason the South got so big at one point..started with No Limit and the Hot Boyz

Outkast, Goodie Mob, Face always got love

Yup, outkast, goodiemob, scarface, T.I.....copped all their albums day 1....on fukkin cassette. Dudes just insecure, they want that NY validation so bad even though they are technically "winning." They need to just enjoy their success and stop worrying about NY shyt sound pathetic.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Because NY hip hop fans have an elitest attitude. They act like you have to follow some kind of guideline to be a real hip hop fan. Real hip hop is what ever you think it is and music is subjective.

Define elitist...is it cause we stereotypically like lyrics/lyricism? That's our shyt, so what. You guys like that crunk turn up shyt, OK....a lot of people here like that too. Somebody who I feel can't even rap, Future, gets crazy love in NY....so where is this coming from? Our radio stations don't even support NY artists so what's the problem, the south should be rejoicing their victory, not whining about how NY isn't accepting them....clearly enough are.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
This is a fukking myth and has been debunked years ago. NY loves the South but that doesn't mean we're gonna tolerate shyt rappers. But even then come to NJ/NY ask a dude in his 20'swho some of their favorite rappers are I can assure you Rick Ross/Future/Migos/Young Thug will be in the convo. Even if you ask older heads like me we were big fans of cats like Geto Boys, DOC, UGK (around Riding Dirty time) 3-6 Mafia even. Hell some of the best East Coast Rappers went West and it enhanced their style (Ice-T, Masta Ace, Kurupt just to name a few).

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
the west coast too. im from the east grew up in the west and now live in the south.

both coast think the south is slow and whatever get over it. you sound like a girl i dated a few years ago who was overly sensitive with that same shyt you talking while at the same time you have your own biased towards other regions:camby:

and i can post a lot of facts supporting how much love the east has for the south. nikkas are not slow just very emotional

THIS.

i dont know why people like to act like the east coast or rather CERTAIN factions on the east coast are the only ones that are bias.

the west hates on the south too.
the south disregards west coast music
etc
etc
and a cashmere sweater.

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
Define elitist...is it cause we stereotypically like lyrics/lyricism? That's our shyt, so what. You guys like that crunk turn up shyt, OK....a lot of people here like that too. Somebody who I feel can't even rap, Future, gets crazy love in NY....so where is this coming from? Our radio stations don't even support NY artists so what's the problem, the south should be rejoicing their victory, not whining about how NY isn't accepting them....clearly enough are.

For me an elitest is someone who

1.just jumps to the conclusion that you don't know shyt about hip hop because you listen to so and so.
2.Feels musically superior to everyone else
3.Isn't willing to listen to something first before giving their opinion.

It always seems like ny hip hop fans that suffer from this.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
never saw that country shyt clip before :mjlol: NY gotta be really insecure to boo a dude from the south performing a song about south shyt. You never see any NY artists getting booed in the south for doing some NY centric song
K.R.I.T. came to NYC where a lot of people don't even know him and performed a :trash: song. :manny:

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
NY is a hate filled wack city still living out it's glory days in general
i cant tell you the last time i heard someone say they wanted to/needed to be in new york if they weren't already in close proximity to it

just listen to someone from new york talk about anything outside of there, it'll be the most ignorant shyt you ever heard. it's also why they cry about the backlash they get now and pretend they never dished it out.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
NY is a hate filled wack city still living out it's glory days in general
i cant tell you the last time i heard someone say they wanted to/needed to be in new york if they weren't already in close proximity to it

just listen to someone from new york talk about anything outside of there, it'll be the most ignorant shyt you ever heard. it's also why they cry about the backlash they get now and pretend they never dished it out.
Lol this the type of guy that cheered on 9/11 because it happened in new york lol