NIGERIAN SOLDIERS TORTURE IGBOS - FREE BIAFRA!

Is Nigeria's Unity Non-Negotiable?

• Yes

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
OP....
As you update this conflict in this and other threads, I think it would help non Nigerians if you had a few brief paragraphs detailing an objective history of the conflict. And put that in the first post of the thread so that it's viewed by all who read the thread.

Story is probably well known to Nigerians and some continental Africans, but to the rest of us..it's like picking up a book on page 82..and starting to read. I thought that these were conflicts that were resolved in the 1970s...so forgive my ignorance.

1967-1970 - Igbos try to leave Nigeria. Nigeria says no. Nigeria bombs or starves 1-3 million Igbos to death during the Nigerian Civil War
2000s - Igbo secessionists form non-violent movements to leave Nigeria. Gov't begins repression. Jails, tortures or kills thousands

LAST WEEK - The President of the Nigerian regime, Muhammadu Buhari, announced a military operation to occupy SE Nigeria
2 Days Ago - They attack the hometown of the current Igbo independance leader, Nnamdi Kanu. Kill 15
Yesterday - Nigerian Army begins shooting and torturing Igbos. Igbos retaliate by targeting Hausas living in Igboland.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Please please please don't take this is a challenge or dismissal.. I'm asking as an African-American that tries to keep in tune with the motherland.. I really don't know, so I ask.

To what extent do you think that certain groups within the Igbo population act as subversive elements, meaning to undermine to the state? As brazy as this video is, I do understand that it's part of a much larger issue, with atrocities committed on both sides.

Mad of us are Yoruba aswell broski.

Self-determination is the right of all peoples, according to the United Nations. That's why Scotland and Quebec had referendums. Igbos simply want to have a referendum.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
1967-1970 - Igbos try to leave Nigeria. Nigeria says no. Nigeria bombs or starves 1-3 million Igbos to death during the Nigerian Civil War
2000s - Igbo secessionists form non-violent movements to leave Nigeria. Gov't begins repression. Jails, tortures or kills thousands

LAST WEEK - The President of the Nigerian regime, Muhammadu Buhari, announced a military operation to occupy SE Nigeria
2 Days Ago - They attack the hometown of the current Igbo independance leader, Nnamdi Kanu. Kill 15
Yesterday - Nigerian Army begins shooting and torturing Igbos. Igbos retaliate by targeting Hausas living in Igboland.
Thanks.....but with all due respect to trauma you and your people are going through now....maybe later..... need a more detailed outline

Not a thesis paper, but more info.

Where is Igbo land, what are the natural resources.What types of conflicts existed in the region pre colonization? How were those conflicts exploited by England during colonization?
Which ethnic group has dominated govt. positions nationwide since independence?
What is the relationship between Igbos and other groups since independence?
Why did they want to separate from the rest of Nigeria before?
What has led to the resurgence of the separation movement?

Nigerians travel and are everywhere.....where is the biggest Igbo diasporan group(which country?)

What are they doing to publicize the atrocities?

Thanks...

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Thanks.....but with all due respect to trauma you and your people are going through now....maybe later..... need a more detailed outline

Not a thesis paper, but more info.

Where is Igbo land, what are the natural resources.What types of conflicts existed in the region pre colonization? How were those conflicts exploited by England during colonization?
Which ethnic group has dominated govt. positions nationwide since independence?
What is the relationship between Igbos and other groups since independence?
Why did they want to separate from the rest of Nigeria before?
What has led to the resurgence of the separation movement?

Nigerians travel and are everywhere.....where is the biggest Igbo diasporan group(which country?)

What are they doing to publicize the atrocities?

Thanks...

Igboland
igbo-nigeria.gif

Natural Resources: Limestone, Coal, Natural Gas, Oil - its people :wow:

Pre-Colonial Conflicts - Igbos didn't have outside conflicts like how the Yorubas and Fulanis fought each other. Britain conquered Igboland town by town.

Ethnic Doninance? - Hausa-Fulani people like the current President, Muhammadu Buhari

Relations with other groups - Political expediency. Sometimes good. Sometimes bad. Igbos live all over Nigeria.

Separation Before - Because in 1966, Northerners slaughtered 50,000 Igbos and forced the migration of 1 million Igbos after a counter-coup.

Resurgence of freedom movement - The continued horrible nature of Nigeria; We are not our parents - we didn't experience the Civil War

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Lagos and Abuja are safe though for Igbos right?

All of this is sad though

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Thanks

I'm not on social media at all, but I think it can be useful as a springboard to publicize things that otherwise wouldn't get media coverage. I'd suggest that Igbos stage protests in front of Nigerian embassies across the country and invite local media. Then apply pressure and negative press to the multi national companies that do business in Nigeria.

Money talks...everything else walks.

Hashtags and stuff like that are useless unless it leads to some sort of economic pressure. I remember how the "Bring the girls back" hashtag movement lasted about 3 seconds when the young women were kidnapped by the Boko Harom.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Thanks

I'm not on social media at all, but I think it can be useful as a springboard to publicize things that otherwise wouldn't get media coverage. I'd suggest that Igbos stage protests in front of Nigerian embassies across the country and invite local media. Then apply pressure and negative press to the multi national companies that do business in Nigeria.

Money talks...everything else walks.

Hashtags and stuff like that are useless unless it leads to some sort of economic pressure. I remember how the "Bring the girls back" hashtag movement lasted about 3 seconds when the young women were kidnapped by the Boko Harom.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'll look into what my local Igbo community is doing.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a Nigerian friend on FB who keeps commenting on a dude called Kanu who is apparently agitating for a separate homeland. shyt always pops off in Nigeria though I remember those Niger Delta militants who used to kidnap those oil workers for ransom and i think forced the Government to lean back and buy them out.