Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Was able to squat 335 5x5 but I think I'm reaching my limit for that 5x5 on that. shyt was heavy to me. Deadlift stuck at 270 for 1x3. Can do 1x5 with the trap bar. Bench and pendlay rows are really weak at 160. Shoulder press is pathetic at 100. Started with the bar only on all of them. Trying to lose weight so I won't be getting stronger for now.
That’s a wild disparity between lifts

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Two exercises that I have recently implemented that I feel are incredible.

Lying down Y-Cable Raise - get the wrist cuffs if you can, targets the medial delts much better than standing raises which incorporate a lot of traps.

Seated Behind-the-Back Cable Curl - looks a little weird, but the peak will be peaking after you do these.

Sunshine

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I didn't want to wait a full month from my last post in the previous thread because I'm excited. I weighed in at just over 138.

I have been trying to go from 150 to 135 lbs since 2022! Lifestyle can cause a stall in weight loss. It was never my eating habits or a lack of exercise. I worked out consistently, even before I returned to the gym.

Besides the fact that I am helping to look after a sick family member, I have two careers and a business. I said that to say, I don't get much sleep at all, and I do the best I can to juggle my responsibilities, but the strain of it all has definitely shown in my body's resistance to cooperate with my goals for so long.

Under normal conditions, I would have slimmed down with ease. But I was never large or even chubby, 150 lbs was a great weight for me because I have muscle tone. I just prefer a slimmer figure for personal and professional reasons.

Somewhere around mid-January, I began taking iron/pink salt/green tea extract and niacin. Based on my research, I was sure the niacin and gte in particular would help me reach my desired weight. It worked. By the time the last week of March arrived, I had reached 140 pounds, which is where I was when I made the previous post.

I have decided that 135 is not necessarily my goal anymore. I may try to push the scale down more. My body type/shape will hold onto curves, no matter how small I get.

I saw a pic of Justine Skye just yesterday in a thread that I commented on. I love the size that she is and she looks great overall. I also love the size of Dawn Richard, just with more curves. Sometimes visuals are needed, instead of working in the dark.

I will update the thread in the salon, just to keep my word from the post. Then I will track my journey and workouts in this thread as I continue.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I didn't want to wait a full month from my last post in the previous thread because I'm excited. I weighed in at just over 138.

I have been trying to go from 150 to 135 lbs since 2022! Lifestyle can cause a stall in weight loss. It was never my eating habits or a lack of exercise. I worked out consistently, even before I returned to the gym.

Besides the fact that I am helping to look after a sick family member, I have two careers and a business. I said that to say, I don't get much sleep at all, and I do the best I can to juggle my responsibilities, but the strain of it all has definitely shown in my body's resistance to cooperate with my goals for so long.

Under normal conditions, I would have slimmed down with ease. But I was never large or even chubby, 150 lbs was a great weight for me because I have muscle tone. I just prefer a slimmer figure for personal and professional reasons.

Somewhere around mid-January, I began taking iron/pink salt/green tea extract and niacin. Based on my research, I was sure the niacin and gte in particular would help me reach my desired weight. It worked. By the time the last week of March arrived, I had reached 140 pounds, which is where I was when I made the previous post.

I have decided that 135 is not necessarily my goal anymore. I may try to push the scale down more. My body type/shape will hold onto curves, no matter how small I get.

I saw a pic of Justine Skye just yesterday in a thread that I commented on. I love the size that she is and she looks great overall. I also love the size of Dawn Richard, just with more curves. Sometimes visuals are needed, instead of working in the dark.

I will update the thread in the salon, just to keep my word from the post. Then I will track my journey and workouts in this thread as I continue.
Scale weight can be misleading. At a certain point, body composition is the better goal.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
I gotta lose at least 30 pounds got my gym membership yesterday hit it first thing this morning. Nothing crazy just shoulders and biceps and triceps. Hit a ab routine afterwards. Felt good. Definitely weaker than what I use to be but the motor functions are still there.

How much cardio do would you guys recommend after working out if you trying to lose weight? I usually split cause I like to run outside and at parks. I think I might add it into my workout either the bike, master, or elliptical.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I gotta lose at least 30 pounds got my gym membership yesterday hit it first thing this morning. Nothing crazy just shoulders and biceps and triceps. Hit a ab routine afterwards. Felt good. Definitely weaker than what I use to be but the motor functions are still there.

How much cardio do would you guys recommend after working out if you trying to lose weight? I usually split cause I like to run outside and at parks. I think I might add it into my workout either the bike, master, or elliptical.
How much time do you have post lift?

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

Going to an unpopular opinion but cardio is overrated for losing weight. I would focus more on getting a good lifting routine and then as you get closer to your goal, worry about cardio.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

Enough to keep your heart healthy, so 150 minutes or so per week.

Any other cardio (unless you're sprinting or swimming) for body composition purposes could better be spent lifting. :francis:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Going to an unpopular opinion but cardio is overrated for losing weight. I would focus more on getting a good lifting routine and then as you get closer to your goal, worry about cardio.

Yep, focus on your eating patterns, getting generally more active and then lifting. Don’t need that much cardio tbh

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I mean hard to say but 30 minutes of LISS can’t hurt.

:usure:

Oh No Running GIF by SumUp