Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Circumstances changed.

Lost 11lbs in the past 30 days by doing cardio for 3 hours some days, some intermittent fasting and eating right :scust: went from 201 to 190

Highest I was, was 206.

Is that how yall lose weight? I'll probably lose another 10-15 get down to smeggle levels 15-17% BF then get my strength back probably a 5 x 5 routine.

All I've been doing is back and legs 3 times a week with cardio in between.

Lost ~30lbs in ~3months for my wedding doing similar, ie treadmill walking as the vehicle for a deficit vs. steep calorie restriction.

The best I ever felt on a cut. So much different than pure calorie restriction on many fronts. (lifting strategy unchanged)

Last edited:

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
If you're doing that much 'cardio' and still :flabbynsick: , you're overshooting your calories AND your metabolism is slow af. :gucci:

Post up that diet. :birdman:

I would actually disregard both of these posts ^, especially since ole buddy @BornStar didn't post a workout program, he just posted some exercises with sets and reps. No loading protocols, no weight/volume progression, no individual variability/substitutions was mentioned, nothing.

That collection of exercises is redundant, poorly selected, and poorly ordered. The fukk you need DLs, RDLs, and leg curls on the same for? Why you got a gym noob running programs offa JEF hitting 40+ sets a workout with additional isolations on the weekend and cardio erryday? So many questions. :mindblown:
Been doing 3 day splits

Monday
Bench 3x10 (35lbs)
Incline bench 3x10 (25lbs)
Shoulder press 3x10 (70lbs)
Dumbbell lat raises 3x15 (15lbs)
Cable tricep extension 3x10 (not sure)
Machine fly 3x10 (100lbs)

Wednesday
Deadlift 3x8 (180lbs?)
Machine seated rows 3x12 (150lbs)
Assisted pull ups 3x10
Shrugs 3x15 (60lbs?)
Preacher curls (50lbs :francis:)
Hammer curls 3x10 (60lbs?)

Friday
Squat 3x10 180lbs
Leg press 3x12 not sure lbs
Leg extensions 3x12 not sure lbs
Seated leg curls 3x12 not sure lbs
Standing calf raises 3x15 not sure lbs

I don’t skip anything and I ride to
And from work on my bike m-f so it’s 15-20 depending on the route

Breakfast is fruit or uogurt
Lunch is chicken or beef and rice and salad
At night I might have a piece of cheese or some other snack but it’s small. Lunch is my only meal really.

Saturday I eat a typical breakfast, eggs arepa chorizo whatever and that’s it

I dont want to get big I want to be tight. Lose flab. I’d be thrilled losing another 20 pounds.

5’10 205 currently

Edit: I drink. Beer, wine, whatever.

Edit: I used to weight 240 at my worst so I’ve been heavy my whole life. Started running and watching what I ate and dropped to 200. Floated back to 210 and I started lifting 6 weeks ago.

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
If you're doing that much 'cardio' and still :flabbynsick: , you're overshooting your calories AND your metabolism is slow af. :gucci:

Post up that diet. :birdman:

I would actually disregard both of these posts ^, especially since ole buddy @BornStar didn't post a workout program, he just posted some exercises with sets and reps. No loading protocols, no weight/volume progression, no individual variability/substitutions was mentioned, nothing.

That collection of exercises is redundant, poorly selected, and poorly ordered. The fukk you need DLs, RDLs, and leg curls on the same for? Why you got a gym noob running programs offa JEF hitting 40+ sets a workout with additional isolations on the weekend and cardio erryday? So many questions. :mindblown:

All that ain't needed for results. As long as gains are coming that's all that matter. The redundancy adds to the volume and reps, hamstrings like an ox especially at a lower weight. It's only a 3 day out the week fullbody workout. You critiquing without adding any real input. Where is your routine for @WaveMolecules

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
All that ain't needed for results. As long as gains are coming that's all that matter. The redundancy adds to the volume and reps, hamstrings like an ox especially at a lower weight. It's only a 3 day out the week fullbody workout. You critiquing without adding any real input. Where is your routine for @WaveMolecules

Spoken like a true novice. You ain't #PowderBoyz so I can understand you not knowing your ass from your elbows in the gym.

The redundancy only serves to waste time ole buddy could be using to work something else or go the fukk home and recover. Hamstrings like an ox but you're not seeing me on deads. :unimpressed:

I'm critiquing because I can :skip:; one day, if you ever surpass me in strength, then you can talk shyt in here. Until that day comes...

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
Spoken like a true novice. You ain't #PowderBoyz so I can understand you not knowing your ass from your elbows in the gym.

The redundancy only serves to waste time ole buddy could be using to work something else or go the fukk home and recover. Hamstrings like an ox but you're not seeing me on deads. :unimpressed:

I'm critiquing because I can :skip:; one day, if you ever surpass me in strength, then you can talk shyt in here. Until that day comes...

Sacrifice your muscles and some body fat and meet me at a lower weight class :wow: or should I gain 70-100lbs to crush your records then cut weight.

Son Goku

Daps
Been doing 3 day splits

Monday
Bench 3x10 (35lbs)
Incline bench 3x10 (25lbs)
Shoulder press 3x10 (70lbs)
Dumbbell lat raises 3x15 (15lbs)
Cable tricep extension 3x10 (not sure)
Machine fly 3x10 (100lbs)

Wednesday
Deadlift 3x8 (180lbs?)
Machine seated rows 3x12 (150lbs)
Assisted pull ups 3x10
Shrugs 3x15 (60lbs?)
Preacher curls (50lbs :francis:)
Hammer curls 3x10 (60lbs?)

Friday
Squat 3x10 180lbs
Leg press 3x12 not sure lbs
Leg extensions 3x12 not sure lbs
Seated leg curls 3x12 not sure lbs
Standing calf raises 3x15 not sure lbs

I don’t skip anything and I ride to
And from work on my bike m-f so it’s 15-20 depending on the route

Breakfast is fruit or uogurt
Lunch is chicken or beef and rice and salad
At night I might have a piece of cheese or some other snack but it’s small. Lunch is my only meal really.

Saturday I eat a typical breakfast, eggs arepa chorizo whatever and that’s it

I dont want to get big I want to be tight. Lose flab. I’d be thrilled losing another 20 pounds.

5’10 205 currently

Edit: I drink. Beer, wine, whatever.

Edit: I used to weight 240 at my worst so I’ve been heavy my whole life. Started running and watching what I ate and dropped to 200. Floated back to 210 and I started lifting 6 weeks ago.

Cool. So that answered what the program was. Not sure how your notation works but your BP is lower than your OHP. Are you using dumbbells or are you only counting the weight on the bar?

A three day split is almost always trash unless it's full-body 3x/wk or a high-volume upper/lower ran on repeat. JEF is pretty trash in general so this seems about right. Very low frequency and fairly low-volume. Exercise selection is better than I thought it'd be.

If you wanna continue to rock that by all means, but I wouldn't advise it if you were the homie. If it's not broke, there's really no reason to switch, especially since you're not an athlete with sport-specific training goals.

To answer your other question: Nah, skip the #Powder, you're not gonna be building an appreciable amount of muscle anytime soon and can prolly do without the extra calories, although the likelihood of it causing you to become fatter is essentially nil.

Tails.

Son Goku

Daps
190 aiming for 180 and a bodyweight ohp so i could talk some shyt. What weight you at bigger bytch?

208. I can be down to 190 in like a week.

Pick a time and place so you can get humbled. :shaq:

What them lifts looking like? If your hoe ass ain't pushing over 1200 on a bad day, you're gonna have a bad time.

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
208. I can be down to 190 in like a week.

Pick a time and place so you can get humbled. :shaq:

What them lifts looking like? If your hoe ass ain't pushing over 1200 on a bad day, you're gonna have a bad time.

Chill bro chill:sadcam: the hell you so strong for? The hell wrong with you breh.

I bet you can't get down to 175 tho and you won't:umad:

Son Goku

Daps
Chill bro chill:sadcam: the hell you so strong for? The hell wrong with you breh.

I bet you can't get down to 175 tho and you won't:umad:
Ain't no chill bro chill nothing. You ran that mouth off now we finna have a coli meetup and lift-off.
Mando-Blessed-removebg-preview.png

I was under 175 before I started lifting weight. Was under 140 after freshman year of college. Almost had to get put on double rations at basic training. :shaq:

I don't workout or lift to stay fit, I workout so I don't stay even smaller.

This ain't the scrawny-ass hill you wanna die on. :mjlol:

But post up the time and place for this powerlifting meet. :mjgrin:

Son Goku

Daps
@Dave24 have the King of Wakanda @Panther help you get your ass into shape. :dame:

You still plan on enlisting, right? :usure: Then fukk them JBO threads, these the only ones (if any) you need to be in. :ufdup:

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
Ain't no chill bro chill nothing. You ran that mouth off now we finna have a coli meetup and lift-off.
Mando-Blessed-removebg-preview.png

I was under 175 before I started lifting weight. Was under 140 after freshman year of college. Almost had to get put on double rations at basic training. :shaq:

I don't workout or lift to stay fit, I workout so I don't stay even smaller.

This ain't the scrawny-ass hill you wanna die on. :mjlol:

But post up the time and place for this powerlifting meet. :mjgrin:

We will have the powerlifting meet 4 weeks after you attend the calisthenics meet:ufdup:

There will be body weight squats , pull ups, dips and a challenge to see who can walk for the longest.:unimpressed:

Son Goku

Daps
We will have the powerlifting meet 4 weeks after you attend the calisthenics meet:ufdup:

There will be body weight squats , pull ups, dips and a challenge to see who can walk for the longest.:unimpressed:

Ah, so you were just talking shyt but won't actually back it up even though you called me out? Gotcha.

You'd honestly still prolly lose that. Air squats? Pull-ups? Walking? :heh: :dead: