So, this woman just told me that her parents love each other more than her and her siblings.

86\*/98

Chef Will Equilibrar Òkùnkùn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sparking blunts in the shade.
I love my wife more than our children as well. It's different. They're gonna love their wives more than us too

Did you know you were gonna feel that way before you had them or is this something you realized after your kids were born?

Her mother is half cac.:ehh:

My parents lowkey made this pretty clear, and I hope my kids don't think I love them more than my wife.:yeshrug:

Please refer to the question I asked @Surreal

How long do y'all want your parents to coddle you?

And if she knows she's selfish, it would be wise of her not to have kids..

How is any of this an issue?

I don't think she'll be a bad mother. She's just not willing to compromise on anything when it comes to mate selection... Yet. She's only 24 and attractive so you know how that goes.:francis:

So basically her parents raised her to be a selfish person who believes her needs should come before everyone else including her children?

Yeah, but she owns that shyt.:manny:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think she'll be a bad mother. She's just not willing to compromise on anything when it comes to mate selection... Yet. She's only 24 and attractive so you know how that goes.:francis:

She just spoiled and exaggerating about her parents..

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did you know you were gonna feel that way before you had them or is this something you realized after your kids were born?

Her mother is half cac.:ehh:

Please refer to the question I asked @Surreal

Yeah, but she owns that shyt.:manny:

You may appreciate her for her honesty but that doesn’t make it ok.

Somebody

All Star
Daps
Our community is so screwed :mjlol:

Kids first. Not only are they your legacy but if you have a bond with them, they usually won’t permanently abandon you because you gained a few pounds, lost your job or because they’re “bored” and want to find themselves

lot of our ppl are more overseers than parents

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
We're a family, I view each of them the same. I'm not sure why my kids are automatically suppose to leap frog my wife just because of their presence. How many of ya'll in this thread actually have kids?

86\*/98

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
She just spoiled and exaggerating about her parents..

She's a lot of things but I assure you spoiled is not one one of them. And maybe.:ehh:

You may appreciate her for her honesty but that doesn’t make it ok.

I think it's more than okay. She could feel this way and just lie about it like a lot of people would've. Because she kept it a buck I have the information I need to make better moves. I'm going to be way less sexually irresponsible with her and continue to enjoy our friendship. If she would've told me some bullshyt she thought I'd like to hear things might have ended very badly for us.

I salute her.

86\*/98

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
We're a family, I view each of them the same. I'm not sure why my kids are automatically suppose to leap frog my wife just because of their presence. How many of ya'll in this thread actually have kids?

Fair enough.:ehh:

And I don't have any children yet. But I'm looking to start a family sooner than later. The woman I'm talking about in the op was actually a real prospect until she let me know her views.

Still got some hunting to do, I guess.:ehh:

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
I love my wife more than our children as well. It's different. They're gonna love their wives more than us too

as they should I feel as though people who say otherwise might not have a solid family background. I don’t have children yet but when I do they still come second to my wife who’s second in my life only to god.

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
Our community is so screwed :mjlol:

Kids first. Not only are they your legacy but if you have a bond with them, they usually won’t permanently abandon you because you gained a few pounds, lost your job or because they’re “bored” and want to find themselves

No our community is loss when we don’t value marriage and are willing to leave our spouse because they gained a few pounds, loss their job, or became bored. No relationship is as close/intimate as the one with your spouse. To many single parents are treating their kids like the significant others. shyt is ass backwards.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
This is why kids are a$$holes

I have committed my entire life to you
Loved you unconditionally
Gave you a great childhood
Provided for you from the second you were conceived, not even born yet
Made sure you never wanted for anything
And will continue to do all of this until I no longer breathe
And I ask for nothing in return

And for some children that still isn't enough :dahell:

I have said it before, "In the real world, Actions DO NOT speak louder than Words."

invalid

Banned
Daps
Hmm...this is tricky.

In a Christian context, when a man marries his wife, they become one flesh which is suppose to foreshadow Christ's marriage to the Church.

So you love your wife as much or more than you love yourself just like Christ who was willing to die for his bride.

Naturally, people assume that your kids would be in the same boat but God sent his own Son to die...so I don't know. :yeshrug:

Daps
No our community is loss when we don’t value marriage and are willing to leave our spouse because they gained a few pounds, loss their job, or became bored. No relationship is as close/intimate as the one with your spouse. To many single parents are treating their kids like the significant others. shyt is ass backwards.
The quality of the people procreating is more important than their relationship status. It’s better to be raised by a great single parent than by two toxic ones

And you’re wrong. Your child has half your DNA. They are your creation. That’s as intimate as it gets and as long as you provide them love, loyalty and respect, it will be returned the majority of the time. Your spouses love is way more conditional. If you die, your child will carry your legacy on while your spouse will replace you, end of story

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
The quality of the people procreating is more important than their relationship status. It’s better to be raised by a great single parent than by two toxic ones

And you’re wrong. Your child has half your DNA. They are your creation. That’s as intimate as it gets and as long as you provide them love, loyalty and respect, it will be returned the majority of the time. Your spouses love is way more conditional. If you die, your child will carry your legacy on while your spouse will replace you, end of story

It’s better to be raised two great parents than one. And furthermore those kids are a product of me and my wife’s love. They are the beneficiary of the legacy that me and my wife established. Them being born could never trump all of the work me and my wife invested into one another. A child is suppose to leave and cleave. To many grown children are attached to their parents at the hip. I don’t play with marriage unlike most. It’s sacred so I treat it as such.

Daps
It’s better to be raised two great parents than one. And furthermore those kids are a product of me and my wife’s love. They are the beneficiary of the legacy that me and my wife established. Them being born could never trump all of the work me and my wife invested into one another. A child is suppose to leave and cleave. To many grown children are attached to their parents at the hip. I don’t play with marriage unlike most. It’s sacred so I treat it as such.
that’s a cool story. Just don’t expect them to prioritize you if you’re not going to prioritize them.

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
that’s a cool story. Just don’t expect them to prioritize you if you’re not going to prioritize them.

I dont need my kids to “prioritize” me. I’m their father not their husband. They’ll respect me and love me just as I love them. I’ll give them all of the support they need and when the time comes they’ll become their own man or woman and build their family.