Starting point

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
Didn't even notice this thread.... :ohhh:

My recent pic right now... just trying to gain some weight..... I'm 145 right now i hope i can get 155 by Feb. Gaining weight for a skinny nikka is hard af.. :to:

Don't mind the dirty mirror :wow:
ZdHt0CW.jpg
:

Finally reach that 155 goal.. damn near 9 years later.. :russ:

On too 165 now.. see you guys in 2032:dead:

On the real doe. My goal in the upcoming months is get these calories on point and get to that goal. Fill out my chest and my quads/calf out.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Finally reach that 155 goal.. damn near 9 years later.. :russ:

On too 165 now.. see you guys in 2032:dead:

On the real doe. My goal in the upcoming months is get these calories on point and get to that goal. Fill out my chest and my quads/calf out.

Ten pound "bulk" took longer than the One Blood Remix to play out. :dead:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
We can tell. But I'm saying, you need to cut to below a legit 14%, which isn't super lean, before you start tryna add mass.

In that pic you lack both definition and mass. You gotta pick one and either be big but not sloppy or lean but not big. :ld:
Oh, I’m aware. I’m not intending on trying to gain anymore weight. Everything I’ve been doing for the past 2 weeks has been in the name of trying to gain more definition and lose some body fat.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
What is fit? How much weight/fat you gotta drop to get “lean”? You got a program or just shooting from the hip (thrust)?

Good luck either way. :ld:
I'm just shooting from the hip, but I'm glad you asked that because I should probably focus on that.

I got a gym routine program that gives workouts for 3 day weeks, 4 day weeks, and 5-7 day weeks (days in the gym). I just have to look up all the workouts ahead of time to make sure my form is right and I don't hurt myself.

It came with a sample diet program, so I'm estimating the calories and protein. Eggs and lentils and fish and chicken breast.

I'd say I'm a skinny fat type of guy who looks slim in clothing but has hardly any muscle. My cardio has always been good, so I'm hoping that helps with lifting with short rest periods. I just want to be around 170 but solid.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I'm just shooting from the hip, but I'm glad you asked that because I should probably focus on that.

I got a gym routine program that gives workouts for 3 day weeks, 4 day weeks, and 5-7 day weeks (days in the gym). I just have to look up all the workouts ahead of time to make sure my form is right and I don't hurt myself.

It came with a sample diet program, so I'm estimating the calories and protein. Eggs and lentils and fish and chicken breast.

I'd say I'm a skinny fat type of guy who looks slim in clothing but has hardly any muscle. My cardio has always been good, so I'm hoping that helps with lifting with short rest periods. I just want to be around 170 but solid.
Do more research, create a plan and stick to it. Success is about consistency. Sit down and actually come up with a plan(heck you can find something online pretty easy). I recommend taking a look at the beginners guide to cutting. Some very guide tips/advice for getting started.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

Gotcha. Couple things.

1. Biggest mistake I see newbs in the gym make is not leaving their ego at the door.

Assume you don't know/understand as much as you think do and acquire help from a knowledgeable source. Making friends with other newbs is fine but those are not the folks you wanna be asking for form tips or a spot from, asking exercise selection questions, etc.

2. That wraps up into the other issue which can last past the "new to the gym phase" and that's not having a well-designed plan.

If you are weight training consistently for the first time, your gains will never be this good again. Imma repeat that for you and anyone else that didn't catch that the first time.

If you are weight training consistently for the first time, your gains will never be this good again.

You are doing yourself a disservice by not having a plan and wasting this initial phase of your training. The only thing in the world approaching the gains you can make on anabolic steroids is the newb gains period. I'd take advantage. If freestyling is more fun/enjoyable/less stressful/whatever and you're cool with leaving strength and size gains on the table, by all means.

3. As a rookie in the gym, you prolly don't need to be in the gym lifting more than 4 days and are just wasting gas/time/energy past that. You also don't need a bunch of different exercises or variations as a beginner when sticking to the basics will get you right, but feel free to do you. This is your journey, after all.

If you have questions, feel free to swing by the Random Thoughts thread. Good luck. :obama:

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
Do more research, create a plan and stick to it. Success is about consistency. Sit down and actually come up with a plan(heck you can find something online pretty easy). I recommend taking a look at the beginners guide to cutting. Some very guide tips/advice for getting started.

Gotcha. Couple things.

1. Biggest mistake I see newbs in the gym make is not leaving their ego at the door.

Assume you don't know/understand as much as you think do and acquire help from a knowledgeable source. Making friends with other newbs is fine but those are not the folks you wanna be asking for form tips or a spot from, asking exercise selection questions, etc.

2. That wraps up into the other issue which can last past the "new to the gym phase" and that's not having a well-designed plan.

If you are weight training consistently for the first time, your gains will never be this good again. Imma repeat that for you and anyone else that didn't catch that the first time.

If you are weight training consistently for the first time, your gains will never be this good again.

You are doing yourself a disservice by not having a plan and wasting this initial phase of your training. The only thing in the world approaching the gains you can make on anabolic steroids is the newb gains period. I'd take advantage. If freestyling is more fun/enjoyable/less stressful/whatever and you're cool with leaving strength and size gains on the table, by all means.

3. As a rookie in the gym, you prolly don't need to be in the gym lifting more than 4 days and are just wasting gas/time/energy past that. You also don't need a bunch of different exercises or variations as a beginner when sticking to the basics will get you right, but feel free to do you. This is your journey, after all.

If you have questions, feel free to swing by the Random Thoughts thread. Good luck. :obama:

I appreciate all the advice, it was simple and easy to interpret. There's a million different videos and 'how-tos' online about nutrition and gym routines, so it's easy for me to get lost in all the info. Looking forward to posting in Random Thoughts and hopefully getting these gains.