TV host issues tearful apology after saying her black co-anchor looks like a gorilla

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
This is a Terry Crews situation.

Here you have black man in a high profile career, in his professional setting, dealing with the unanticipated disrespectful actions (verbal or physical) of a white person, that if not in the professional setting, would have likely been responded too differently.

We are always up against the Angry Black Man stereotype, which is fine, because as humans we have the right to be angry and show full spectrum of emotions, but it's the racist trope behind it in our society that's the issue.

So like Terry Crews (and I know half the coli would have faded the white producer and smacked the white woman co-host :unimpressed:) this is a recorded version of that...but the reality is he knew what and the implications of what the white female co-host said, and his reaction was split second....alot of shiit was going through his head in those split seconds....so don't be to harsh on breh.
For real he should've just responded "Nah, I think it looks more like you" :sas2:

But then then they would turn it around and say he disrespects women. That would've been a crazy spin on this. Breh was really put in a lose-lose situation. I guess the only SAFE response would've been to be complete straight face and say "I don't look like a gorilla":ufdup: if he said that I don't know if she would've apologized on air cause they might've went straight to a suspension. Had a situation in Cleveland when an anchor said JIGABOO on air:ooh: and she got suspended. I remember watching it happen live and was like :dwillhuh::huhldup::picard:

Lord Beerus

God of Destruction | CatSet General
Daps
Yooo he co-signed her racist shyt. :scust:

Crocodile tears from she-cacs. I see she kept her job too, so it worked like a charm. :unimpressed:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For real he should've just responded "Nah, I think it looks more like you" :sas2:

But then then they would turn it around and say he disrespects women. That would've been a crazy spin on this. Breh was really put in a lose-lose situation. I guess the only SAFE response would've been to be complete straight face and say "I don't look like a gorilla":ufdup: if he said that I don't know if she would've apologized on air cause they might've went straight to a suspension. Had a situation in Cleveland when an anchor said JIGABOO on air:ooh: and she got suspended. I remember watching it happen live and was like :dwillhuh::huhldup::picard:

:what: :what: :dead: @ the last video clip in there. The brehs reaction was literally:

giphy.gif