Keep my name out of it
Daps
"My name is Horus and I'm a red tailed hawk"
scale

nullnullnullnull

Peace ✌🏿
Daps
It’s weird.

When I was a kid, people were punks, goths, metal-heads, backpackers, hypebeasts, etc. I was kind of a bohemian nerdy type who loved techno and drum & bass. This younger generation is trying to find itself but instead of using music, art, fashion, etc. to identify themselves, they make complex and almost cartoonish identities. It’s really odd

For the most part it seems harmless but it rubs me the wrong way when I see kids identifying as animals or pretending to have severe mental illnesses for attention and social currency. Social media and the desire for clout is also partially to blame as well imo.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

This sent me on huge rabbit hole cause i thought he was trolling and thought this doesnt exist

Looks like its real… :leon:

Link-> https://did-research.org/did/alters/non-human\

- from the article
“ Non-human alters are parts of individuals with dissociative identity disorder (DID) that see themselves as animals, fantasy creatures, or hybrids. Like all other alters, non-human alters are the result of trauma and an already severely dissociative mind….. For example, non-human alters such as wolf-hybrids, tigers, or dragons might be protectors who were created to take on an identity that reinforces their strength and willingness to protect what is theirs.”

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
This isn’t a Gen Z anything

We been told yall fools were going to start identifying themselves as anything they felt like.

Like I said, I identify as Elon Musk :hubie:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
It used to be that people developed their identity based off their interests and created new aesthetics. Look at a guy like Jimi Hendrix. He dressed and carried himself in a way that influenced other people.

Now people can't be bothered to create unique identities based off of experiences+passions and interests and just want to say stuff like "I'm a dog now. I'm genderfluid. I'm demisexual"

It's people who want to be put in a category to feel like some part of a unique group but ultimately all that they're doing is looking for one thing and then trying to build their whole identity around it while assuming they'll be accepted by a group.

This makes perfect sense in the current social context where everything is a sequel or remake or re iteration of something that has already been made and remade multiple times already. The spirit of creativity is leaving mankind(in the west at least) and this is what young people are left with. Desperate to launder which privileges they have by desperately trying to latch on to a marginalized group. And if they can't do that, if they can't choose a gender or mental illness they'll just make something up. They will pretend it's real and always existed and get furious if they're called out on their bullshyt.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
imagine being so unnoteworthy that when you sat back and crunched the numbers, you realized that being an animorph was literally the only way anyone would notice you on the planet earth