WTF is up with Gen Z??! Confused Tik Toker identifies as a Hawk💀💀💀

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It’s weird.

When I was a kid, people were punks, goths, metal-heads, backpackers, hypebeasts, etc. I was kind of a bohemian nerdy type who loved techno and drum & bass. This younger generation is trying to find itself but instead of using music, art, fashion, etc. to identify themselves, they make complex and almost cartoonish identities. It’s really odd

For the most part it seems harmless but it rubs me the wrong way when I see kids identifying as animals or pretending to have severe mental illnesses for attention and social currency. Social media and the desire for clout is also partially to blame as well imo.

I see this all as a result of Tumblr falling off and it’s denizens spreading all over the internet and it’s influence spilling into reality. A lot of these gender identities came from there.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It’s weird.

When I was a kid, people were punks, goths, metal-heads, backpackers, hypebeasts, etc. I was kind of a bohemian nerdy type who loved techno and drum & bass. This younger generation is trying to find itself but instead of using music, art, fashion, etc. to identify themselves, they make complex and almost cartoonish identities. It’s really odd

For the most part it seems harmless but it rubs me the wrong way when I see kids identifying as animals or pretending to have severe mental illnesses for attention and social currency. Social media and the desire for clout is also partially to blame as well imo.
Imagine all the goth / emo kids aged 12-17 in the late 90s/early 2000s that if you asked them at that age would they like to be that the rest of they life, theyd say yes, thats who they “really” are

Now they in suits working some tech job or at starbucks or some shyt :pachaha:

People grow up. People change. Why they not letting the youth grow up or change is very odd to me

No idea how this trend of kids going through fads some how needs to be permanent

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
I see this all as a result of Tumblr falling off and it’s denizens spreading all over the internet and it’s influence spilling into reality. A lot of these gender identities came from there.
you should see the Gender Wiki. they've got one for everything. it seems like its written by teenagers and creepy old men.

https://gender.fandom.com/wiki/Gender_Wiki