Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Cyber Security Program manager: Financial Inst

MIS Degree...

information sec engineer for a contractor

Sec+ and Gsec and clearing 105 a year

How's the work in these fields? Does it keep you interested/occupied? I'm trying to get into cyber security, but don't want to jump out of my current career making ~70K and doing barely any work (lol) for something that will not be interesting. What are the general requirements for these jobs (and how do you find them)? Are ya'll gov't workers?

xd21

Sohh Icey
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sohh icey
To my coli 1 percenters:
if you're gettin 6 figures or more, what is your career or what do you do to generate income?
whats your education level?
How many certs do you got outside of a diploma?

If u close to 6 figures but not quite there, whats your next move to get over the hill?

Speak on it :dame:
i own 3 companies. Ima invest in stocks soon. I own a label, three websites and I run two clubs in houston. Once i make a mill, ima rebuild africa

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Created a promotion company
"rent out" nightclubs/venues (reputation for past few years carried me where I dont need to do deposits, my name alone is good enough deposit :hubie:at this point in time, most club owners contact me and not the other way around :hubie: still have to hit a bar minimum :manny: )
pay for everything from artists/talent, advertising, promoters/hosts, DJs, flyers, door girl, door guy to watch door girl and my money :birdman: , only thing I dont pay for is security/bartenders/bottle girls (even though I do help hire them) but new deals structured for new parties will involve splitting all costs with clubs down the middle including their staffing and alcohol costs and they get 50% of my door but I get 50% of their bar :hubie: them paychecks then will be ridiculous :hubie:

right now I collect 100% door and 15-25% of the bar depending on venue :hubie: ill let you do your calculations on a 500-600 person party @ average $30 a person entry (half in free via VIP/guestlist) and 25k bar, average budget $3500 currently so minus that from whatever number you get :hubie:

minimum 1 party per week, but looking to add another party during the week which will be the new deal mentioned above :hubie:

education:
high school: graduated with a 1.28 GPA
college: 2 associates (general education and computer science)
certs: 0

Thats a good look

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Oh myself

Business IT/management

Do analyst work, lead a team of contractors, and create IT business solutions for some major heavy hitter clients of my company

B.S. computer science/M.B.A. in management information systems

No certs

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
I Have multiple sources of income, cleared 400k+ last year, what I'm currently focusing on getting this engineering degree and concert promotions with all the entertainment connections I have.

Just did a Migos concert in a flyover state, cleared a cool 97k, but it was a learning experience because shyt almost fukked up (fukking rap shows :francis:)
312z4as.jpg

My goal last year was a million, but shyt got sidetracked, really trying to hit atleast 750k this year though, and it seems like the stars are falling into place.

Brehs in smaller markets, y'all should look into starting investment groups for concert booking and promotions. Places like LA, NYC, Chicago, Houston are usually sewn up to the point nobody else can get in. But all those flyover states and smaller markets are licks if you know the market and recruit/build up a good promotion team.

I've seen cac doctors and lawyers that have never listened to a rap song in their lives making big money off rap shows, because their sons or nephew came to them with the business plan and proof it could work.

Last edited:

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I Have multiple sources of income, cleared 400k+ last year, what I'm currently focusing on getting this engineering degree and concert promotions with all the entertainment connections I have.

Just did a Migos concert in a flyover state cleared a cool 97k, but it was a learning experience because shyt almost fukked up (fukking rap shows :francis:)
312z4as.jpg

My goal last year was a million, but shyt got sidetracked, really trying to hit atleast 750k this year though, and it seems like the stars are falling into place.

Brehs in smaller markets, y'all should look into starting investment groups for concert booking and promotions. Places like LA, NYC, Chicago, Houston are usually sewn up to the point nobody else can get in. But all those flyover states and smaller markets are licks if you know the market and recruit/build up a good promotion team.

I've seen cac doctors and lawyers that have never listened to a rap song in their lives making big money off rap shows, because their sons or nephew came to them with the business plan and proof it could work.

Explain that investment group for promoting a little more big breh

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh myself

Business IT/management

Do analyst work, lead a team of contractors, and create IT business solutions for some major heavy hitter clients of my company

B.S. computer science/M.B.A. in management information systems

No certs

Just curious here but what would it take for you to set up ya own spot ?

Or have you not thought of that yet.....

Last edited:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Current salary - $96K, will be $99K come March. I'm basically somewhere in between a financial analyst and finance manager for a $15B global manufacturer. Really, I have manager expertise and experience but the actual position I want hasn't opened up so I still have an analyst title although they pay me more than the other analysts.

Currently my boss is interviewing for a couple positions and if he gets something, I'll be bumped up to manager making around $110K. It took me a while to get this point and I should have been at this level 7-8 years ago, but I wasn't as focused as I should have been. It was until I started to see people younger than me pass me, that I put my nose to the grindstone and started busting my ass. Ultimately, I see myself topping out at the director level making 150K-175K. But at that point, I hope to have some successful side hustles to boost my income further.

5'10" midgets always showing up at a 6' party :scust:

Tapp

All Star
Daps

Just did a Migos concert in a flyover state cleared a cool 97k, but it was a learning experience because shyt almost fukked up (fukking rap shows :francis:)
312z4as.jpg

Can you elaborate on how this is done and what roadblocks you came across?

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't make 6 figures yet but my dad and I are building strip malls in Liberia so I can say I'm set for life once I learn how to run a business. No college degree yet but I will get one . I want to be a dentist even though I'm in my mid 20s. I cannot quit I have to keep pushing. :ohlawd:

Why Liberia ? Do you have family ties there or is their GDP growing ?

Either way look into Herb and Melvin Simon .... they are both mall billionaires

I'm a real estate attorney. I own a title company and law firm.

education: J.D. (law degree)

Trump need to repeal Dodd-Frank so I can eat :wow:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Explain that investment group for promoting a little more big breh
Okay let's say you want to book an artist, whether this be a bigger artist or a smaller underground artist.

I'll use an example like the Suicideboyz, because even though I don't listen to that shyt I know they make a lot of money in a lot of markets and they don't cost too much.

You get somebody who has to a decent understanding of the local music scene and throwing a concert/event:
  • what type of artist can do good numbers out there, (this is even easier now because Shazam and Soundcloud have analytic tools showing what the most looked up song in each city are etc. etc),
  • what venues will let you book the artist
  • how much can each venue hold
  • whether you'll need security or not for the type of fan base you'll be bringing out, and how much that'll cost
  • Renting and setting up stages/barricades if needed.
  • cost of promotion, etc etc etc
There are hundreds of young nikkas in any city that can be molded into this role for you, or you can find one that's already doing his thing at a smaller level and just needed somebody to give him the stimulus check to move up.

Back to the example, an underground rap group like the suicideboys can easily sell 1000 tickets in a lot of markets. And they have white, suburban fans that will happily pay 50-60 dollars a ticket. 60x1000 = 60k, and their going booking rate for a show is usually 15-20k. Promotion and venue cost for a 1000 people show, plus security gonna be like another 3-10k based on how you do it. But regardless that's anywhere from 30-42k profit from a small show for a relatively unknown rap group that has a niche fan base.

The biggest issue for most nikkas trying to get into the concert shyt is the cash to book the artist, venue, security, etc. Most people don't have 10s of thousands of dollars laying around to invest in a rap show, and the ones that do usually don't just hang around local music scene and college kids to know what artist can make money and how to throw a show. But if you got like 4-5 people you know that good with money and can save up, they each pitch in a percentage of the total cost to throw the show in return for an equivalent percentage of the profits when its all said and done.

You can even start lower and still make a killing if you got somebody with an ear to the streets for all these small bubbling artist, my bro/partner was telling me about a dude named "yung/lil pinch" I never heard of before. But apparently he consistently pulls out 300-500 people at like $30 a ticket, in them small Cali towns around LA and his booking rate is $1500 right now. That's potentially 9000-15000 off a $1500 investment, who can't get 2500 together for the total cost to possibly make $15000, or at least definitely make a profit?

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
if you had the chance to do it all over again, would you go the cpa route? I am currently thinking about whether i should get my cpa or not

I did get my CPA. A CPA is essential if you want to be competitive, work for a firm/Big 3, etc. Obviously you can live a comfortable life as an accountant without a CPA...if that's what you want fine. But I think most people would rather aim for the highest heights/money/etc.

Many firms and companies will even pay the help you get it. That's how valuable it is.

Daps
To my coli 1 percenters:
if you're gettin 6 figures or more, what is your career or what do you do to generate income?
whats your education level?
How many certs do you got outside of a diploma?

If u close to 6 figures but not quite there, whats your next move to get over the hill?

Speak on it :dame:

$35k - call center manager :mjcry:

on the bright side- its in ATL, so i work with mostly fine, thick azz women, and my $35k gets me a lot of house, nice car, and decent spending money that I definitely wouldnt have in most other major cities :manny: