egsteel

All Star
Daps
On the ball w/ the new 65 :salute:

For me:

Commercial Insurance

I don't disclose specifics, but my base is $100K

College Degree

P&C license, Life & Health License, CIC designation and working to complete CRM this year. Will look to ultimately add risk management consulting services to our agency under a different entity along w/ writing the insurance side of things.
Can you go into detail about how you got into insurance? I don't really imagine someone going to school to work in insurance. Is your degree in business? When you say commercial I assume you sale to companies.

I'm ignorant of the insurance game. I had a school mate and a boss who were Aflac agents and talked about how they made their own hours. So I've always assumed that insurance involved you having a lead list and cold calling people all day. You have to pass tests to sell insurance right?

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Supply Chain Management: Bachelor's Degree and MBA, two certs: CPIM, CTL

MBA only helped me change careers into supply chain and operations. Now you can get a lot of info a the college level. Go to the library and get books and study up to get one of the modern certs that doesn't require much job experience (CPSM I think). Huge demand but not many people are good at it.

I was actually thinking of going into this. I used to work in Event Hosting and liked the whole flow of people and materials. When I did a little studying it said you could start out in Logistics and work up into SCM. Is it worth it? Probably gonna go back to school for a business degree anyway.

Railroadpaid

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
SHECAGO
I work at the railroad. College dropout after 1 year...only graduated from hs. I have my license to drive trains but I got it from the company training classes. Made 135 last year. Its work, I dont reallly have weekends or holidays off like the educated hustlers but 135 at 26 isnt to bad

aliG

Pro
Daps
Accounting

BA and MBA

CPA

Not gonna get into income specifics but it's six figures

if you had the chance to do it all over again, would you go the cpa route? I am currently thinking about whether i should get my cpa or not

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
I work at the railroad. College dropout after 1 year...only graduated from hs. I have my license to drive trains but I got it from the company training classes. Made 135 last year. Its work, I dont reallly have weekends or holidays off like the educated hustlers but 135 at 26 isnt to bad

Damn that's filthy. Props. I worked in corporate positions at a railroad for 3 years and there were conductors/engineers that were making more than most of the corporate staff. I was cool with one and he was making 90K at 23-24 (this was back in 2004).

I couldn't imagine making that much money at that age. I'd be acting a damn fool.

Mr. 1nighter

On my grown man steeze
Daps
Reppin
Columbus
How did you get into that industry with an MIS degree? What skillsets were they looking for? Do you industry specific certs?
I feel security was created by hackers and we are in a reactive mode. Those with certs are still involved but right now it's open game. Lots of women are in it due to being in compliance and risk but at the end of the day it's a few giants that supply security and most of them were hackers themselves.

When I am not at the gig and if I remember I'll type something better.

I got into it by luck and but with experience speaking to executives. That's my role.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Damn that's filthy. Props. I worked in corporate positions at a railroad for 3 years and there were conductors/engineers that were making more than most of the corporate staff. I was cool with one and he was making 90K at 23-24 (this was back in 2004).

I couldn't imagine making that much money at that age. I'd be acting a damn fool.
right :russ:.at the age i was doing IT contracting gigs..i was making just enough to keep my head above water

shyt when i started making 50K a couple years later i thought I was doing something lol..until my boy, who is a consultant in the pharmaceutical industry and a year younger than me, told me how much he made and what his bonuses looked like :beli:..these days ive caught up to him now :jawalrus:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Created a promotion company
"rent out" nightclubs/venues (reputation for past few years carried me where I dont need to do deposits, my name alone is good enough deposit :hubie:at this point in time, most club owners contact me and not the other way around :hubie: still have to hit a bar minimum :manny: )
pay for everything from artists/talent, advertising, promoters/hosts, DJs, flyers, door girl, door guy to watch door girl and my money :birdman: , only thing I dont pay for is security/bartenders/bottle girls (even though I do help hire them) but new deals structured for new parties will involve splitting all costs with clubs down the middle including their staffing and alcohol costs and they get 50% of my door but I get 50% of their bar :hubie: them paychecks then will be ridiculous :hubie:

right now I collect 100% door and 15-25% of the bar depending on venue :hubie: ill let you do your calculations on a 500-600 person party @ average $30 a person entry (half in free via VIP/guestlist) and 25k bar, average budget $3500 currently so minus that from whatever number you get :hubie:

minimum 1 party per week, but looking to add another party during the week which will be the new deal mentioned above :hubie:

education:
high school: graduated with a 1.28 GPA
college: 2 associates (general education and computer science)
certs: 0

Last edited:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Created a promotion company
"rent out" nightclubs/venues (reputation for past few years carried me where I dont need to do deposits anymore, my name alone is good enough deposit :hubie: still have to hit a bar minimum :manny: )
pay for everything from artists/talent, advertising, promoters/hosts, DJs, flyers, door girl, door guy to watch door girl and my money :birdman: , only thing I dont pay for is security/bartenders/bottle girls (even though I do help hire them) but new deals structured for new parties will involve splitting all costs with clubs down the middle including their staffing and alcohol costs and they get 50% of my door but I get 50% of their bar :hubie: them paychecks then will be ridiculous :hubie:

right now I collect 100% door and 15-25% of the bar depending on venue :hubie: ill let you do your calculations on a 500-600 person party @ average $30 a person entry (half in free via VIP/guestlist) and 25k bar, average budget $3500 currently so minus that from whatever number you get :hubie:

minimum 1 party per week, but looking to add another party during the week which will be the new deal mentioned above :hubie:

education:
high school: graduated with a 1.28 GPA
college: 2 associates (general education and computer science)

Need more business owners in this thread.......but :salute: