Ghanaian bodybuilder with minimal equipment puts us all to shame aesthetically

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
To be clear for record, I just want to say that I am a 100% believer in calorie in vs. calories out for weight loss without regard to specific body composition (lean mass vs. bodyfat). Denying it is denying fundamental science and physics. But I think a lot of the new school, anti-bro science thinkers are taking it a bit too far in the opposite direction in regards to bodybuilding.

@CashmereThoughts your sentiment of scoffing at 'clean' eating is noble mainly because the difference it makes in regards to a realistic diet is likely very small, but to say that the difference is non-existent doesn't really pay attention to our body's physiology.

Let me use an extreme example to make my point. Lets say someone is on a bulking diet, 3500 calories. Now, if that person were to consume their entire 3500 calories in the form of Mountain Dew, how exactly is the body supposed to use this to build muscle tissue? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I know of no process in the body that converts fructose and sucrose to amino acids, let alone enough amino acids for the body to synthesize tissue.

That being said, that is not a realistic diet. A true IIFYM follower would likely do something like a chicken breast and a Mountain Dew in place of a chicken breast and a bowl of Oatmeal. Now, I'm sure there is still a difference between the two, but in the scope of complete IIFYM diet the difference is likely so small that it doesn't matter. Most people follow the 80/20 rule....80% nutritionallly dense food, 20% free-for-all with respect to macronutrient and calorie composition

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Lol bro scientist love using the exampl of eating 100 poptarts cayse it fits macros or some other wild.crap. eat what you want as long as you hit caloric goal and macro goal. Its not a hard conc. Do you all onow anyone who obly eats wendys burgers to hit macros? So why insult boyh of our intelligence with such an idiotic example. Let me guess you guys tell your friends "i cant eat hear beause the food isnt clean" have fun living. A terrible life.

Excuse the typos im on a trash android phone

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Hodge Twins cut for a magazine cover on fast food... the food source doesn't matter, at all. Just get what YOU need to maintain/build muscle. We're all different with different eating habits, metabolisms, and levels of activity.

The African dude is jacked because he's 5'8 and doesn't have to get crazy heavy to look good. Nothing more, nothing less.

semtex

:)
Daps
SO WHY DONT YOU LOOK LIKE THIS GUY NOW?

:what: THIS nikka LOOKS SLOPPY.

ON TO THE TOPIC... I THINK HOMIE IS JUICING.

nikka LOOKED MAD FRAGILE 2.5 YEARS AGO...

I WAS ON THE THIN SIDE WHEN I DIPPED BELOW 10% BF.

NO WAY HE GOT THAT LEAN & BROLIC IN 2.5 WITHOUT JUICING.

shyt TAKES YEARS OF BULKING AND CUTTING TO GET LIKE THAT NATTY.
:devil:
:evil:
Sloppy?? Rhadi ferguson looks sloppy to you? :huhldup:

How do you look fam? With standards like that you better look like you stepped straight off a magazine cover

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Regardless of whether Rhadi looks sloppy there, posting a picture of a guy who competes in combat sports--some of the dirtiest cheating sports on Earth--is hardly proof of anything. Especially when said person has a prominent HGH gut

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
HE LOOKS LIKE ONE OF THOSE FAT DUDES WHO LIFT WEIGHTS.
I LAUGH AT THOSE DUDES...
(FAT SWOLE IS WHAT I CALL EM)
:pachaha:HE CLEARLY HAS A FAT GUT WHEN HE'S NOT FLEXING HIS PROTRUDING ABS.

HIS BF% IS :flabbynsick:
rhadi2.jpg

image_crop.php

:devil:
:evil:
Looking at those pics he is likely above or right at 15% BF, which puts his lean body mass at 190 when fully hydrated and glycogen saturated

So probably around 175-180 at contest weight. In other words....smaller than the Ghanian guy

semtex

:)
Daps
Looking at those pics he is likely above or right at 15% BF, which puts his lean body mass at 190 when fully hydrated and glycogen saturated

So probably around 175-180 at contest weight. In other words....smaller than the Ghanian guy
I hope you're talking about bodybuilding contest. Also he's 240 in those pics

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I hope you're talking about bodybuilding contest. Also he's 240 in those pics
Yeah, I meant bodybuilding

I know this guy has fought at 205 though, and there is no way he is below 10%bf in any pic I could find of him. So dehydrated, that fits right in with my 180 contest-lean estimate

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Lol bro scientist love using the exampl of eating 100 poptarts cayse it fits macros or some other wild.crap. eat what you want as long as you hit caloric goal and macro goal. Its not a hard conc. Do you all onow anyone who obly eats wendys burgers to hit macros? So why insult boyh of our intelligence with such an idiotic example. Let me guess you guys tell your friends "i cant eat hear beause the food isnt clean" have fun living. A terrible life.

Excuse the typos im on a trash android phone

This guy all up in his feelings off a question :mjlol:

b_priest9mm

A work in progress...
Daps
people acting like a guy who's on instagram every day doesn't have access to other things.

Layne isn't natural btw

The general rule of thumb:

Natural
Mass
Shredded

choose 2

Had to come back to this thread to dispute this. Normally, I don't doubt it, but this sounds like that bitter misc rhetoric.

I'm not saying you can be 250lbs and shredded naturally or anything, but depending on your genetics, you can be decently to surprisingly big if you put in the work.

I'm not telling you to :camby:, just saying that I disagree with that "rule of thumb". :manny:

For the record, I'm going to, at the very least be taking a pro-hormone in the next few months anyway. :smugbiden:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Had to come back to this thread to dispute this. Normally, I don't doubt it, but this sounds like that bitter misc rhetoric.

I'm not saying you can be 250lbs and shredded naturally or anything, but depending on your genetics, you can be decently to surprisingly big if you put in the work.

I'm not telling you to :camby:, just saying that I disagree with that "rule of thumb". :manny:

For the record, I'm going to, at the very least be taking a pro-hormone in the next few months anyway. :smugbiden:
Of course you can gain mass naturally (the amount depends on your genetics as well), but to do so you will gain fat as well. Natural bodybuilders cannot maintain mass, and really low body fat. The two work in counter directions: build muscle = eat at a surplus/lose body fat = eat at a deficit. When you cut, you do lose muscle as well.

b_priest9mm

A work in progress...
Daps
Of course you can gain mass naturally (the amount depends on your genetics as well), but to do so you will gain fat as well. Natural bodybuilders cannot maintain mass, and really low body fat. The two work in counter directions: build muscle = eat at a surplus/lose body fat = eat at a deficit. When you cut, you do lose muscle as well.

Ah, okay. Yeah, to be fair I don't think most humans are going to be walking around at 4-6% bodyfat anyway. To think of all the work to maintain that is :huhldup:. Even dudes with juice are putting in that work to be that lean (granted, they have it way easier and with a much higher weight, but still...there are plenty of dudes that juice, but still have no conditioning, dumbasses mostly).

Now 7-10% is a little more reasonable. :manny:

And to be honest, good enough for my uses. :sas2:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

If natural, massive, shredded is a readily attainable combo, then why have you decided to go the non-natural route? Is it perhaps because you have found out that building lean mass naturally is an incredibly slow and difficult process:sas1:

Why are you exposing your body to hormonal changes that potentially could have disgusting side effects just so you can be big :sas1:

Perhaps the rule of thumb holds some weight:sas2: