Igbo influence in Black American culture

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
In before "fukk you, we not african"

:deadmanny:

I told OP that this thread would become a trash-can.... But I think he already knew that & posted it just to get a reaction and ignite a culture war for his own amusement.

Let AA's do their own thing.... STOP pushing that African shyt on them.... They got their own shyt going on.

At this point - anybody posting African shyt in connection to AA's is just a troll or agitator looking to start a fight or create tension.

They got their own culture... they got their own wave going on.... Stop bringing up Africa.... Period.

Its always gonna end up at "fukk Africa" & OP already knew that.... Troll ass nikka.

If you wanna post some Africa/Diaspora topics - focus on the islands.

Leave AA's alone.

Brer Dog

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Did they mention turning off all lights and being quiet during a Thunderstorm? Heard that was an Igbo tradition too.
Nikka that's a modern thing relating to electricity in your house. People don't want their appliances destroyed

:gucci:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
tribes like the Diala Osu; Dahomians(Benin), and others selling us :dwillhuh:

Tribes that sold slaves - also ended up getting sold into slavery..... You might be the 10x grandson of a slave raider

For example - Haiti is a cultural extension of the Dahomey Kingdom/Benin.

Dahomians sold slaves.... Dahomians also got sold.... Its called war & revenge.

It could've been worse.... your ancestor could've got decapitated & sacrificed to the Gods like many war captives from enemy nations.

GhL_GD0CNEretvrZ5t8oVrNbsmiloil7be3V6rxvHJ4iGSccHy5y1H2KUISXISh_eeTyBbgAwBzK1JCFdc0G9FI1DSNlMXfroqoRhzi0YgKsFEusE4gsR427wmHOiD7Rl3gO7t5uJpE-wUwLuA

Dahomey_amazon1.jpg

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
What about the folks who can trace their heritage back to Cameroon, Ghana and Sierra Leone and not Nigeria? Did they just learn the food stuff through osmosis in America?

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
true

but unlike ASLOBs and FBA's I don't claim that as if I'm superior to those who don't
Clown nobody said we were and THEY are admixed, too.
Talmbat ASLOB while you eating up some slave TRADERS and hyping up what you have in common with them.
Stop sucking dikk, fakkit.

Last edited:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Tribes that sold slaves - also ended up getting sold into slavery..... You might be the 10x grandson of a slave raider

For example - Haiti is a cultural extension of the Dahomey Kingdom/Benin.

Dahomians sold slaves.... Dahomians also got sold.... Its called war & revenge.

It could've been worse.... your ancestor could've got decapitated & sacrificed to the Gods like many war captives from enemy nations.

GhL_GD0CNEretvrZ5t8oVrNbsmiloil7be3V6rxvHJ4iGSccHy5y1H2KUISXISh_eeTyBbgAwBzK1JCFdc0G9FI1DSNlMXfroqoRhzi0YgKsFEusE4gsR427wmHOiD7Rl3gO7t5uJpE-wUwLuA

Dahomey_amazon1.jpg

Using that same argument, I have blood of multiple white slave masters.
Does that mean I'm proud to be part Scottish or English? No
I'm not proud to be "African" either, me and other BA are an entirely new ethnic group that spawned in America. An amalgamation of various WA tribes and Euro countries.

I'm not out here dikk riding the Songhai Empire nor John Adams, I got my own people and culture to be proud of(Denmark Vesey, Harriet Tubman, MLK, etc). :hubie: