Igbo influence in Black American culture

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Literally copy and paste word for word what a nikka wrote and a nikka will still fight you on it.

DaringWarpedAmericanredsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

You win nikka. You win.
Lets be fair now, it was two separate statements I made. They were not meant to be tide together the way you are making it.

It does make you think, out of all of the diaspora, African Americans rarely acknowledge the African influence.

Just like the Banjo. They take credit for it, but never talk about it's African roots. :russ:
It's like this thread a few weeks ago about the history of BBQing. They just rarely acknowledge their influences to the point you would think they birthed themselves.
Did black people invent American BBQ?

Just noticing now. Even look how Samori is up in there showing his ass. Which further proves my point.:russ:

That's why I pointed about Jamaica influencing BBQ. It's a statement on mindset, not an attempt to be right or wrong.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
:umad:first off fukk you and this country

second of all

just because ancestors did a portion of their own people dirty

does not negate who we are tied thru

and that holds just as much consideration of our identity and progress as a people
Our WA Blood comes for tribes like the Diala Osu; Dahomians(Benin), and others selling us :dwillhuh:

So you shaming folks who bigging up our history in America, yet you hyping up the nikkas who sold us? :why:

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Literally every non African culture (AA, Jamaican, Haitian, Trinidadian, Guyanese, etc) is just a combination of various enslaved African tribes culture mixed with the culture of the cacs that enslaved them (White American, Spanish, British, etc).
Loss your identity and act like you are not African because or some mix or another

Yet no solid or true overarching identity brehs

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
In before "fukk you, we no

Also, alot of these cultural elements are common in many African cultures across the continent.
Look black, be mixed black, have your blood lineage to black, then say you are from Louisiana and that your roots is ADOS or FBA
And that your bloodline disappear with colonizers mixes

That massa chiltlins is all you could ever be and it starts from running away from that slavship

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Food (Nri)
For black folks at the cookout, One-pot’ cooking practices, extra helpings of collard greens, a healthy incorporation of pepper, spices, and even “hot sauce” are not just random preferences.
Traditional soul food cooking is an inheritance which enslaved Africans passed on through their descendants once they were brought to the US. And this can be traced directly to Igbo cuisine.
0*bNDs0yfegLF8rbRn.jpg

0*VxufwZOOnyOrj2xQ.jpg

History lesson

It is ironic that Africans from Africa, unfortunately formerly enslaved and their families in Africa colonized, now act like they have newly defined themselves in a land that requires unity and certain characteristics that many other groups promotes to erode unity and stability.

If all people each moved to from a new country or city, then ADOS would be that, but denying your history and downtalking immigrants is not how to build unity, such exclusion tactics only limits what a cohesive group is able to achieve without interruptions and disparate tactics.

AAs need to get back to learn about self and building communities instead of dividing amongst all groups.

PoPimp84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy
It does make you think, out of all of the diaspora, African Americans rarely acknowledge the African influence.

Just like the Banjo. They take credit for it, but never talk about it's African roots. :russ:

:francis:
Funny considering we voluntarily call ourselves African Americans and been the driving force of Pan-Africanism since it’s inception. You got it backwards my G

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
I don't even know what point your are trying to make and worse you don't even know what point you are trying to make. You are just swinging in the dark.

Oh and don't think that I didn't notice that you went right by my comments on the book "Roots." So you are not going to acknowledge that you were wrong about African Americans?
Him and @Hiphoplives4eva

came into this thread swinging completely unprovoked just to get a “divisive” reaction from aframs :russ:

these pan African nikkas are fake as hell

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You need to check your inferiority complex. Seriously.
You're projecting, I have NOTHING to be insecure about, you should understand how we think of y'all.
Y'all nikkas really bytch and not worth thinking about past the occasional joke - don't get it confused, developing all this unwarranted extra self esteem and entitlement because you can communicate with us online. :mjlol: What majority black failed state did your parents steal resources from to move to C A N A D A?
:blessed:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Did they mention turning off all lights and being quiet during a Thunderstorm? Heard that was an Igbo tradition too.