Movie characters that you feel differently about as you've gotten older

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Grandpa joe from willy wonka... dude was a fukkin deadbeat. layed his lazy ass in bed for 20 years like he cant move, but when charlie bust out that golden ticket he was dancing all over that damn room
nikka was hitting the Michael Jackson in the crib :mj: After faking being handicapped collecting them checks layin in bed all day not even washing his ass :dead:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Not a movie character but Tony Soprano. He deserved to die onscreen, dude cared about nothing but himself feel even less sorry Uncle Jun shot his ass. He didn't care about fukking over anyone, not even his own blood and the people most loyal to him. Phil was right to boss up on him in the last season, Carmine and Johnny Sack always placated him. His indecision caused people to get hurt he knew p*ssy was a snitch, he knew Chris would relapse, he knew Tony B was the hitter when Joey Peeps died.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Husband and Jack from the Titanic. Jack did his best to ruin dudes life. Jack was a homeless bum who was a talentless con artist. The hubsand was a good man who tried to right by Rose and her family.

Rose was like 18 and was being forced to marry a 31 year old man because her dad went bankrupt and left them broke. Most teenagers don’t want to get married and definitely not to men in their thirties. Cal showed what a piece of shyt he was when he tried to kill Jack over p*ssy instead of taking the L and saying “wait a minute, I’m rich as fukk and can get ANY bytch in New York the moment we touch land :ohhh: why am I tripping out.”

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Just had a thought after seeing a picture of Carla Gugino. Remember the first movie I’ve ever seen her in was “Son-in-Law” with Paulie Shore.

Paulie’s character was the ultimate simp, dude posed as her new boyfriend and never got any ass. No kisses. No nothing. even when Tiffany amber pushed up on him, still didn’t get any.

then Carla’s character, talk about one confused bytch...

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I don't disagree with any of this....but also Marcus wasn't a very good friend. He knew his boy was a lame and still fukked the one girl he had a shot with.

Fred.
I think that's just it, though....Gerald never ACTUALLY had a shot at Angela, he was too corny for her. So truthfully, him gettin in his feels over a chick he had no shot at was bytchmade.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If a girl comes to my crib for Thanksgiving dinner with my boy and they stress during dinner they are just friends and then said girl stays behind to help me clean up and then watch some TV with her shoes off all bets are off. :shaq:

I think that's just it, though....Gerald never ACTUALLY had a shot at Angela, he was too corny for her. So truthfully, him gettin in his feels over a chick he had no shot at was bytchmade.

I dunno the dynamics you cats have with your friends. The guys I got, I've known 30+ years. We've been through everything together.

If one of my boys showed up with some girl and she friend zoned him I ain't letting her stay to help me. There's too many women in the world to create drama among friends.

Obviously this would've had to happen when we were much younger, though.

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I dunno the dynamics you cats have with your friends. The guys I got, I've known 30+ years. We've been through everything together.

If one of my boys showed up with some girl and she friend zoned him I ain't letting her stay to help me. There's too many women in the world to create drama among friends.

Fred.
I have actually have this happen like three times in my life already. And like Marcus and Gerard if there were any bad feelings initially we were able to get past it eventually.
Not only did Gerard say at dinner they are just friends he also said when asked directly by Marcus about their relationship he had to end it on some, "You do your thing I'll do mine . . . " or something to that effect. If he feels some type of way after the fact we can definitely discuss it. But making women off limits because one of my boys likes someone who doesn't reciprocate is his issue and I would definitely point that out to him. There are many women in the world, but most aren't giving me a lane for romance so I got to go with the ones that are. He is being selfish and irrational if his opportunity passed and is letting a woman who doesn't like him in that way come between our friendship.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

Fred.
If she looked like Halle tho. :whoo:

We only human:manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I have actually have this happen like three times in my life already. And like Marcus and Gerard if there were any bad feelings initially we were able to get past it eventually.
Not only did Gerard say at dinner they are just friends he also said when asked directly by Marcus about their relationship he had to end it on some, "You do your thing I'll do mine . . . " or something to that effect. If he feels some type of way after the fact we can definitely discuss it. But making women off limits because one of my boys likes someone who doesn't reciprocate is his issue and I would definitely point that out to him. There are many women in the world, but most aren't giving me a lane for romance so I got to go with the ones that are. He is being selfish and irrational if his opportunity passed and is letting a woman who doesn't like him in that way come between our friendship.

Here's the thing though....she wasn't a lane to romance for Marcus. Dude did end up dogging her out.

And yeah I realize it was a happy ending in the end....but I ain't chilling with a girl my homeboy clearly brought as a date (even if they're just friends) when I'm getting women left and right anyway, like Marcus. Gerard can have that as whatever.
And the "we're just friends" thing is a non-factor for me, either way. I've had plenty of women call me a friend, that I ended up messing around with. So I'm not gonna be sitting up at dinner like :shaq:"fair game" because of that. I'm gonna be sitting there like :sas2: "just friends....oh ok" because I seen how that shyt unfolds, several times.

So I dunno man. Like I said this is all hypothetical because my peer group is in their 40's now and most of them have a wife, long time girl friend, etc. They typically ain't showing up with a new date. Back in the 90's, maybe. There's a core group of 6 guys and various combinations of us lived and/or worked together, in addition to all going to school together, for like 15 years. And I've known them since then.

So this particular situation didn't happen....but it could have back then.

Fred.