Movie characters that you feel differently about as you've gotten older

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
More great points, and ultimately why I rest on the side that ties culpability mostly to Gerald. Homie chose simping over his friendship with a guy who he KNEW ran through women like that. Clearly, as stated above, Angela wanted a guy a bit rougher around the edges than Gerald, because she knew full well Marcus wanted Jacqui's character yet still pushed up on him hardbody. So that whole "ruined a good girl" shyt is just more fallacious simp principles from him, as stated before.
Yep, good girls thirst too. Just in a different way.

She knew exactly what she was doing, or at least hoping for when she stuck around Marcus' house.

Last edited:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Clubber Lang in Rocky 3. When I was like 9 I wanted Rocky to win. As I got older I realised Clubber did everything to get his shot and was ducked by Rocky*.

*Yeah I know it was Mickey who authorized the duck unbeknownst to Rocky. But still wanted to keep a black man down because Mick knew that Rocky was going to get his ass kicked. Rocky had use a black man (Apollo) to get the title back.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That's interesting and I can see that. My only counter is that while Gerard may have genuinely liked her and wanted the best for her his respect for her was somewhat lacking. It takes two to form a relationship and no matter the amount of player tricks Marcus used on her if he truly respects her he had to come to the conclusion she chose to get with him knowing his reputation. So she has to take at least half the blame but it seems he wasn't giving her any. 'Marcus duped a nice girl' seemed to be his thinking. Eliminating in his mind the choices she made. That's an error on his part.

More great points, and ultimately why I rest on the side that ties culpability mostly to Gerald. Homie chose simping over his friendship with a guy who he KNEW ran through women like that. Clearly, as stated above, Angela wanted a guy a bit rougher around the edges than Gerald, because she knew full well Marcus wanted Jacqui's character yet still pushed up on him hardbody. So that whole "ruined a good girl" shyt is just more fallacious simp principles from him, as stated before.

Yea i’m not holding Gerard blameless i just understand how on the outside looking in he could think that this was Marcus running another game.

Which is why with time and reflection after he cooled off they squashed the tension. Also looking back at it Angela was playing with fire KNOWING that Marcus wasn’t over Jacquelyn and was in a state of mild depression at their breakup.

So was Angela REALLY the true playa the whole time:ohhh: . She ended up with Marcus, he quit his job so no more Jacquelyn hanging around as competition, and he committed to her. She won the game:ohhh:

Boomerang is REALLY an underrated movie

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
As a kid, I thought Rambo was a super bad-ass killer, upon rewatching these movies, this man should not have been sent to foreign countries to kill people, he's needs therapy and severe psychological meds.

he got alternative therapy in 4/5 :demonic:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Clubber Lang in Rocky 3. When I was like 9 I wanted Rocky to win. As I got older I realised Clubber did everything to get his shot and was ducked by Rocky*.

*Yeah I know it was Mickey who authorized the duck unbeknownst to Rocky. But still wanted to keep a black man down because Mick knew that Rocky was going to get his ass kicked. Rocky had use a black man (Apollo) to get the title back.
If Rocky 3 was real and came out now, there would be a thread with all kinds of comments like:

"IDGAF about that old ass cac Mickey dying"

"I hope Clubber knocks Rocky out for the culture"

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Mrs. Baker in Boyz N the Hood
*I am stretching a bit here...cause I know part of it was because of his father*

When I was young I thought she was just an uncaring mother to Doughboy. Only loved Ricky.

However, as an adult I saw the family dynamics of a friend who had legit pro protential. There's always someone in the family that could fukk things up.Parents typcially are harder on that child because that one who could risk everything. Yea Ricky had a baby, but Ricky was also actually working towards something. She knew the energy that her other son attracted. Ricky was the hope. If Ricky was similar to Doughboy I think she would have treated them the same. However, as Furious said "I dont wanna lose you to no bullshyt"

When Dough started whooping Rick's ass he could have injured him. Fukked up his vision, hurt his shoulder, etc. School might have not wanted to fukk with him anymore. Lost over some bullshyt.

Dough didn't think flashing that gun would get his brother killed. Yet it did. He escalated the situation. Lost over some bullshyt.

When she reacted to Doughboy like that it was like all her fears came true.

I'm trying not to share my friend/this players biz. However, when you see how family can truly fukk up someone opportunity it changes how you react to certain things.