"We Need Big Guards & Wings Who Defend Like Dogs" - Official Washington Wizards 2022 Offseason Thread

Will Tommy Sheppard continue to falter in the NBA Draft and sign contracts with mid-talent?

• Total voters

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
You guys need a PG that can facilitate, shoot & switch on def (1-3)

I think Kuzma & Deni should be penciled in as the starters at F

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
Miller aint it, but he put in the work good for him..

I was hoping they could key in on Dejounte but his stock has only gone up..

I don't expect any power moves really...They just need to focus on buildin the bench and get leaders in there....Definitely need to prioritize on gettin a solid rim protecting big...

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Miller aint it, but he put in the work good for him..

I was hoping they could key in on Dejounte but his stock has only gone up..

I don't expect any power moves really...They just need to focus on buildin the bench and get leaders in there....Definitely need to prioritize on gettin a solid rim protecting big...
Nat Gaff?
washington-wizards-daniel-gafford.gif

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
@FAH1223 Gaff good w/ me still a work in progress but another big mostly for depth purposes ie Nerlens Noel

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
I've definitely been playing around with the idea of getting a center as well for depth and to be able to move kristaps and gaff around like chess pieces. I think Jalen duren can work.

A Taxonomy of Rim Protectors - The Stepien

It allows the depth not to crumble if gaff gets in foul trouble, allows us to play kristaps in combo with another more mobile rim protector if we so choose to. A team like Boston is running timelord, horford and theis. And it allows them to play big in other positions.

Another possibility is getting someone like Jeremy sochan. Who's also just as young as Jalen. He can play a Draymond/ Gary Williams type role and can just fill in the gaps.

The Constellation of Connectors - The Stepien

But I wonder if he's worth getting with deni there. Or they can work together. Another deni type player who could be really good is Nikola jovic. He's in that gallo/ saric/ deni mold. And yes I know it's a lazy comparison cause hes white. But it allows us to have Beal on and off the ball at the one, and then the entire team has secondary playmakers and people who can move the ball in Deni, Nikola, kuzma, kP. And still maintain size.

Theres also many guards we can pair with Beal. Johnny Davis whos physical and goes at you, AJ green who's bigger and can shoot, ty ty Washington who can really shoot. Shaeden Sharpe and Benedict mathurin. There's just going to be a lot of possibilities. Some teams are even possibly going to be selling first rounders and I'd look into that.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Kevin Broom's preliminary YODA (Ye Olde' Draft Analyzer) scores has Keegan Murray as the #1 best prospect. Chet Holmgren is #2. Tari Eason is #3.

Eason will probably be around at #10. He can already shoot. He is a defensive dog and has great athleticism. I think he's OG Anunoby.

Dyson Daniels is Satoransky on steroids and fits the big guard mold. He just has to... learn how to shoot. But he does everything else.

You guys have any favorites?

My do not draft at #10 are Johnny Davis, Jeremy Sochan, TyTy Washington.

@thewiz
@lochead
@mastermind
@ThatsRite2
@Black
@Eddie Jordan
@Mr swag
@Spree At Last
@mrken12
@Rob's al Ghul
@KBadd
@seanjohn21276