Who has the BLEAKER future to 2030? Clippers or Suns?

Bleaker future?!

• Total voters

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I agree with the owner but for some reason you seem to think the Clipper bench guys have some sort of upside lol
A few of them do. BBJ regressed this year for some odd reason. Hell I wouldn't mind seeing Bones play over Westbrook right now in the playoffs. The guys to watch next season is Jordan Miller, Kai Jones, and Kobe Brown. I think at least two of theses guys pan out. We have our 1st round pick in '25. Zu is ready to take his game to the next level but can't with 213 in the lineup. Of course we would need to find that #1 option on offense guy, but at least the team will be fun to watch for a change.

A week before the season ended we sat everybody against a full fledged Suns team who were fighting to stay out of the play in and KD, Booker, and Beal had to damn near play 40 minutes each to beat a a Bones, Brandon Boston, Coffey, and Kobe Brown team. Not a team that could compete for a ring of course, but it showed that a rebuild wouldn't be that hard to pull off.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
We'll be fine. Richest owner in sports. New arena next season. Despite the lack of picks its not hard to get young talent like in the past. A lot of fans want to move on from the 213 Era anyways. Low key we got some player development going with Bones, Kobe Brown, Brandon Boston, Kia Jones, Jordan Miller, Moussa Diabate, etc. Still got Kawhi, Zu, Mann on paper and honestly I think Zu is being held back as he also has a mid range and a three point shot in his bag. Might have to take a step back for a year, but far FAR from bleak or dark years ahead.
You do know there is such a thing called the salary cap right?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They knew he would be very good. They were clinging on to SGA in a lot of potential trades Offers.

You are right that they had to do the trade because of Kawhi’s demand, and this was right after he won in Toronto.
Very good and MVP candidate good are two different things.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
You do know there is such a thing called the salary cap right?
Of course. All the young players I mentioned are on cheap minimal deals. Kawhi is resigned. Harden is a free agent at the end of the season and technically PG still has one year on his deal for $40 million next season, but can opt out and become an unrestricted free agent. We just have to extend him or he can walk and we get nothing. Where did I say anything that was out of the question or outlandish?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Of course. All the young players I mentioned are on cheap minimal deals. Kawhi is resigned. Harden is a free agent at the end of the season and technically PG still has one year on his deal for $40 million next season, but can opt out and become an unrestricted free agent. We just have to extend him or he can walk and we get nothing. Where did I say anything that was out of the question or outlandish?
You said they had the richest owner in sports. While correct. It still means nothing in the grand scheme of things as he has to abide by the salary cap and new CBA just like everyone else.

Those cheap minimal deals also don't mean anything either when you factor in the luxury tax. A $3 million dollar contract could easily add on $10 million in luxury tax penalities, which is why you always see teams gut lower tier paid players.

Also Terance Mann is what he is and it's way past time for people to stop talking or pretending that he can be more than that.

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
You said they had the richest owner in sports. While correct. It still means nothing in the grand scheme of things as he has to abide by the salary cap and new CBA just like everyone else.

Those cheap minimal deals also don't mean anything either when you factor in the luxury tax. A $3 million dollar contract could easily add on $10 million in luxury tax penalities, which is why you always see teams gut lower tier paid players.
I know the new CBA is going to handcuff guys like Ballmer. Probably has to move guys like Norman Powell, PJ Tucker if possible over the summer. Not sure about Russ' status for next season either. Its just going to have to be a better focus on player development which hasn't been this franchises strong suit until now. We'll be alright though, the guy just built The Starship Enterprise :wow:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Suns by a mile
Clippers still play in LA and actually can get out from Harden and PG this offseason if they really wanted to

Suns are stuck with Beal's shytty contract and no they can't trade him cause nobody wants to pay $50mil/year for a damn role player

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Suns by a mile
Clippers still play in LA and actually can get out from Harden and PG this offseason if they really wanted to

Suns are stuck with Beal's shytty contract and no they can't trade him cause nobody wants to pay $50mil/year for a damn role player
They can but they won’t as they won’t have the cap space to replace either of those guys

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
Medium key, I'm starting to think Michael Winger should get a few EOTY votes thrown his way not only just for trading what was thought to be an untradable contract in Brad's, but for actually getting usable pieces and potentially significant draft assets in return.