Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Nah CFA is no more for portfolio management and behind the scenes things. Maybe thinking the CFP? But no I don't have that, requires a degree but never have lost business bc of it either.

Yeah I have my broker licenses but am a fee only planner. Fiduciary planner they call it as well sometimes. I don't do the bs 90s commission trades and sell insurance. Not good business...

I heard( and seen) the insurance side can be very lucrative. Could you elaborate on what's stopping you from getting involved in that aspect.

gottah8me

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D(M)V
How many years of experience do you have in IT? I'm trying to get to 6 figures asap but I know you gotta pay your dues in IT

It took a minute did military for 6 got out at 24 was making 75 didn't hit the 100k mark until 28 main thing don't allow yourself to get pigeonholed into a helpdesk position. To answer your question I have about 12 years.

Daps
my current reality.
man, livin in brooklyn just looking for a new spot with decent space and decent proximity to manhattan had me ready to throw my laptop like a frisbee :damn:
shyts maddening the prices theyre asking for ONE room in a 3br spot :hhh:
for real. Thats why i had to bounce to the suburbs. Its still expensive as fukk, just less expensive in exchange for longer commute. But if your single.... its worth payin that extra to floss a bit for real :shaq:

Daps
if 200k don't make life comfortable just commit suicide..
I make between 130-150k in the Ny/NJ area and i'm living good..
oh i never said i wasnt comfortable :sas2:

Though i do know folks that make that and arent. But these are usually those cats that spend way too much.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Not rich last yr made about 160k.

Financial planner

High school 1 semester of college

Finra licenses 7, 6, 65, 63.

Trying to keep my first month's pace this yr and hit 200...

If anyone wants info or how I got started pm me. I'm all about helping anyone I can...

On the ball w/ the new 65 :salute:

For me:

Commercial Insurance

I don't disclose specifics, but my base is $100K

College Degree

P&C license, Life & Health License, CIC designation and working to complete CRM this year. Will look to ultimately add risk management consulting services to our agency under a different entity along w/ writing the insurance side of things.

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
I heard( and seen) the insurance side can be very lucrative. Could you elaborate on what's stopping you from getting involved in that aspect.

Just an educated guess but as a fiduciary planner he prolly doesn't believe in selling those overpriced insurance policies that get the big commissions. Typically level term is the way to go and because they're cheap it's not worth it to actively push it. It's also why he's a fee only planner. Actually wants to help people, not just make money.

Imo them whole life insurance products are borderline scams and if your retirement planner is pushing that on you, it should be a cause for just how helpful he wants to be for your benefit.