Catch1977

Pro
Daps
if you're gettin 6 figures or more, what is your career or what do you do to generate income?

125K Sr. Software Engineer at a Energy Tech Startup

whats your education level?
BS/MS in Computer Science

How many certs do you got outside of a diploma?
Just one Oracle OCP DBA. Got that nearly 12 years ago really to get foot in the door.

Living in Austin TX for last 15 years. Money goes a long way here, no income tax and demand is out if this world. If you are are an educated and employed black male with the slighest hint of game you have your choice of women down here whatever flavor floats your boat. There are simply not enough supply for the demand.
However wouldnt call myself "rich". 3BR House in the burbs, couple rides and two kids (thus child support).

Advice would be to finish any STEM degree and get contribute any Open Source project oh and wife your kids mother

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if you're gettin 6 figures or more, what is your career or what do you do to generate income?

Just one Oracle OCP DBA. Got that nearly 12 years ago really to get foot in the door.

Living in Austin TX for last 15 years. Money goes a long way here, no income tax and demand is out if this world. If you are are an educated and employed black male with the slighest hint of game you have your choice of women down here whatever flavor floats your boat. There are simply not enough supply for the demand.
However wouldnt call myself "rich". 3BR House in the burbs, couple rides and two kids (thus child support).

Advice would be to finish any STEM degree and get contribute any Open Source project oh and wife your kids mother

^This right here all of it. Dude spitting straight facts.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What happened between you and your kids mother

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
4 year degree from run of the mill college

degree in information systems

worked my way up from operations (jobs in tidal scheduler) to help desk (ppr aka professional password resetter) to windows admin (primarily AD and exchange)

working in R&D at HP really changed my career path though...moved from windows admin to "technology product tester"...primarily using you guessed it HP-UX...

one of the projects I worked on involved virtualization...having to install and manager vsphere 4.0...from there i went to work at a company that specialized in virtualization...went from tier 1 to tier 3 in that company...then went from tier 3 to manager...only because the current manager was moving to the c level management circle and he could not until he back filled his position...and of course a black guy in his late 20's won't turn that down :mjpls:...job was pretty much off loaded to me...

our division easily has the highest profit margins in the company...former manager knew this and made sure to get our department put under him so he can always boast about the highest profit margin tag...lots of rifs and reorgs and the next thing you know I get Director in my title...I am not going to mention what my full title is cause I know at least one other person at my company post on the coli...saw it on her screen:mjpls:...there is one other person who mentioned working at the same place i do :mjpls: and back on SOHH someone made a thread about a story that happened in my office the exact day it happened :mjpls:

base salary this year in the 150k range but i am eligible for up to a 10% bonus and if you get the full 10% you are eligible for another 20%...so a 15k bonus and then eligible for another 3k for a total of an 18k bonus...since we have the highest profit margins it is a given that we always get the 10% and always get the 20%...this is set up by design by myself and my manager...we consistently convince the board that the companies numbers will look better if we show consistent sustained 3 to 5% growth instead of trying to hit some crazy target and we can't and then we don't get our bonuses...this is actually the hardest part of my job and not the IT stuff and management stuff...well this and the legal stuff I have to look at...

With all that said I am sort of :ehh: about my job...it's easy money but i don't care for it one way or the other...i won't ever move above this position because i would have to c00n it up to do so and that just aint me...i've gotten back into writing and put my job sort of on the back burner...i'm like the dikk head director who you got to send a bunch of emails to...leave a bunch of voice mails for...and get a bunch of other managers and directors with some real pull to even get a conversation with and the very second you give me an out to not do any work i am going to fukking bury you with it and you going to start over from square one :ufdup:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Government/contracting (Don't ask won't disclose:francis:)

B.A

No certs

Military veteran (have to mention it because the networking door the military can open is uncanny).....most important info I can give honestly:manny:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Mexico City has crazy amounts of attractive women :noah:

Cuba and the Dominican Republic are dope as hell too

What you do taking off a year at a time sounds dope but I want to do early retirement :flabbynsick:

I'm taking years off while I'm young and I'm planning to retire early :banderas: