Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
There’s typically less people on Fridays and Saturdays.

Rather save my energy for dealing with less crowds

Word? You would think there'd be less folks on Fridays (especially afternoons & nights) because that's the end of the work week and start of the weekend. :wtf:

peppe

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
What’s your go weight and where did you start

I was 85 when i was 25 then in combination with a long term relation and depression ballooned to 175.

At 34 she left me for a addict and the gym welcomed me with open arms. Because of the serious heartbreak i lost 60 kilos in one year and got to 115. But the second year i didnt lose anything and gained 7kg and was 123 kg even tho 7kg isnt that bad but when your starting weight is 115 isnt bad overal.

Now at 36 im focused on getting back to 85, with this waterfast im back at 116 with 2 whole days to go so ill probably end up at 114. Almost 9kg in one week with daily gym visits.

So will probably do a week in dec to go to 105 and a week in jan to reach 95 and a last time in feb to reach 85.

It would have been 11 years since i was 85 but feel good to know its this close.

Son Goku

Daps
I was 85 when i was 25 then in combination with a long term relation and depression ballooned to 175.

At 34 she left me for a addict and the gym welcomed me with open arms. Because of the serious heartbreak i lost 60 kilos in one year and got to 115. But the second year i didnt lose anything and gained 7kg and was 123 kg even tho 7kg isnt that bad but when your starting weight is 115 isnt bad overal.

Now at 36 im focused on getting back to 85, with this waterfast im back at 116 with 2 whole days to go so ill probably end up at 114. Almost 9kg in one week with daily gym visits.

So will probably do a week in dec to go to 105 and a week in jan to reach 95 and a last time in feb to reach 85.

It would have been 11 years since i was 85 but feel good to know its this close.

:mjtf:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

What’s your training routine?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Ight let’s settle this, the No pain no gain rhetoric is bs.

Time to call it what it is.

If you’re in pain from working out. Especially lingering multiple days it’s simple. You don’t know how to workout.

I can push my through the most rigorous set of heavy squats or deadlifts the by the time I’m in the parking lot I’m 100%.

Most people would benefit from doing their hw.

1. stretch 5-10 minutes the night before you workout.

2. Properly warm up 5-10 minutes before lifting.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Word? You would think there'd be less folks on Fridays (especially afternoons & nights) because that's the end of the work week and start of the weekend. :wtf:
I don’t workout at night. The gym is located in a mall.

When I go early morning there’s no traffic and plenty of parking. Just makes it easier to get in and out.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Ight let’s settle this, the No pain no gain rhetoric is bs.

Time to call it what it is.

If you’re in pain from working out. Especially lingering multiple days it’s simple. You don’t know how to workout.

I can push my through the most rigorous set of heavy squats or deadlifts the by the time I’m in the parking lot I’m 100%.

Most people would benefit from doing their hw.

1. stretch 5-10 minutes the night before you workout.

2. Properly warm up 5-10 minutes before lifting.
I wouldn’t say “how” but more so consistency in hitting groups enough to avoid issues.

Warm up does seem like a lost art. I see so many people spending a wild amount of time stretching and foam rolling compared to actually training.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I wouldn’t say “how” but more so consistency in hitting groups enough to avoid issues.

Warm up does seem like a lost art. I see so many people spending a wild amount of time stretching and foam rolling compared to actually training.
stretching? You mean like a cool down?

Or you mean they're doing this in place of a warmup :picard:

Man people are so lost in the gym these.

I'm kind of glad most people don't know how to workout.

I was reading an article this morning like :wow:

If people knew compound exercise >>>> isolation, I'd be f'd.

Articles like this just reinforce how I workout is on point.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

No pre-lift stretching

Compounds vs isolation depends on the goal. A lot of research isolation is better purely for hypertrophy.

Son Goku

Daps

Even if folks knew compounds are king, how many of those uninitiated cretins would actually do them? :sas1:

It's a lot easier to hit a bunch of machines than it is to start off a leg day (assuming they even do legs) with 30+ minutes in the skwat rack. :francis:

Edit: Typo.

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Even if folks knew compounds are king, hoe many of those uninitiated cretins would actually do them? :sas1:

It's a lot easier to hit a bunch of machines than it is to start off a leg day (assuming they even do legs) with 30+ minutes in the skwat rack. :francis:
Breh we all know the answer to this, they'll still take up space at the power racks dikking around. :beli:

We'll see more of this in a few weeks when the new years resolutioners trickle back in. :francis:

Son Goku

Daps
No pre-lift stretching

Compounds vs isolation depends on the goal. A lot of research isolation is better purely for hypertrophy.

What does the research say about being so weak you can only do those isos at low weight? :jbhmm:

It was kinda taken as broscience to use compounds to "build a basenof strength" before focusing on size so you're not using 15 lb. DBs for curls and still being small and weak but I see it irl.

It's interesting because most of these iso bros ain't seeing me on the stage and hypertrophy ain't even my goal. :smugfavre: