"We Need Big Guards & Wings Who Defend Like Dogs" - Official Washington Wizards 2022 Offseason Thread

Will Tommy Sheppard continue to falter in the NBA Draft and sign contracts with mid-talent?

• Total voters

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
High-floor guy who can help change the culture of a team, but he certainly doesn't wow me. I don't see him projecting to be anything more than a high-level starter.

If he becomes a starter... he automatically is better than Rui, Deni, and Corey.

And then out of that trio, Deni has the highest ceiling..

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
This might out me as a "casual", :laugh: but I kind of get James Bouknight vibes from Davis. I don't dislike the pick, but I'm not :gladbron: about it either. He's solid. .

I think I'm partly still disappointed that we didn't make a move for Ivey as had been rumored. I believe that dude's the truth.

Daps
This might out me as a "casual", :laugh: but I kind of get James Bouknight vibes from Davis. I don't dislike the pick, but I'm not :gladbron: about it either. He's solid. .

I think I'm partly still disappointed that we didn't make a move for Ivey as had been rumored. I believe that dude's the truth.

Yeah, I'm not going to pretend like I've seen the guy play either. But from what I've read from David Aldridge he got some Tuff Juice in him like Caron Butler. Tommy Sheppard loves him some high floor, low ceiling players. I'm going to look at some highlights.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Tyus Jones​

USATSI_18250143_168386701_lowres.jpg

Joe Rondone-USA TODAY Sports

Add free agent point guard Tyus Jones to the long list of point guards the Washington Wizards have on their radar, league sources told HoopsHype. Washington has the full non-taxpayer mid-level exception heading into free agency and could potentially provide Jones an opportunity to start, which he ideally desires.
Jones has been a solid backup point guard for the Grizzlies since signing a three-year deal in 2019. This summer, Jones is ranked as one of HoopsHype’s top free agent point guards on the market.
Memphis traded for former Tennessee standout Kennedy Chandler on draft night as insurance if Jones leaves in free agency this summer.

@triplehate
@Keengcong
@thaKEAF
@Barry Sanders
@RiffRaff
@tr2k
@holidayinn21
@Hoodoo Child
@A Tribe Called Quest ™

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Tyus wants to return, but he also said he wants to start. I don’t know if he’ll take less money to do that. If the Wiz offer him something similar to the Grizz with the promise of starting, I think he’ll take that deal.

Wiz only have MLE to offer but can promise starting role

I'm surprised the Lakers didn't offer anything. He said he wanted to start tho. Pay the man :ehh:

Lakers only have the $6M tax MLE to offer